Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Ok so i have a question, being that this is the first year of the $25 early access to HHN , how does that work?

So we just print out our tickets after purchase and walk up to the turnstiles at walk in or do we have to get bracelets so we can be identified as early access guests?

How would Universal identify me as having an early access ticket?

Going this coming weekend and don't want to take a chance , thanks

Ok so i have a question, being that this is the first year of the $25 early access to HHN , how does that work?

So we just print out our tickets after purchase and walk up to the turnstiles at walk in or do we have to get bracelets so we can be identified as early access guests?

How would Universal identify me as having an early access ticket?

Going this coming weekend and don't want to take a chance , thanks

The early access pass will allow you inside the park early...past the front gate so you can check into one of the Stay and Scream holding areas with your valid HHN ticket. No bracelets required. Once inside you are good to go.

The outside bar at Springfield was also good in the past as well as any of the bars where they make the drink for you
Noticed this year while in holding pen & later when strolling past, no seating around the outside bar. For years repeat visitors to HHN would set up camp there. Not sure for the change in policy. This year you lined up in center of bar to grab a dr ink
projection show. I loved this! It was great with the classic monsters, I liked all the 8 bit stuff with Stranger Things, and when the Stay Puft was defeated everything turned white.
I am not a fan of the U water shows, this one knocked it out of the park!

pizza fries at Louie's. I had them in past years from the counter service stand, and these were so much better. They were hot and fresh and not soggy at all. If you want them, get them from there and you can also have a nice air conditioned break.
Had them for the first time this year, drool. At woody’s site tho, they were hot & delicious
I might be a bit over Stranger Things. I didn't think seasons 2 or 3 were particularly scary.
ST not what i‘d call scary, suspenseful and addictive for sure!

I questioned two VIP guides why the ‘dumbing down’ of houses? Same basic response from both, the more inclusive/less gory houses literally pay for HHN creators to amp it up in the other houses.

If the above is true, then I can live with the houses in the front being less scary as to content & theme even though it is drawing in a tween crowd but..only if they do hold true to their roots and let it RIP :) on the other houses in the back of the park.

The actor Sid Haig, who played the clown character in the House of 1000 Corpses house, passed away a few weeks ago, he had a long career in all sorts of schlocky, horror exploitation movies, quite a character, it was kind of neat to see him sort of live on through that house :)

A very nice tribute to a horror legend. What’s ironic is all was in place long before he passed. Tired as being typecast as a heavy he retired for a time, lured out of retirement by...rob zombie for the film this house is based upon.

questioned two VIP guides why the ‘dumbing down’ of houses? Same basic response from both, the more inclusive/less gory houses literally pay for HHN creators to amp it up in the other houses.

If the above is true, then I can live with the houses in the front being less scary as to content & theme even though it is drawing in a tween crowd but..only if they do hold true to their roots and let it RIP :) on the other houses in the back of the park.

Interesting...I never thought about it from that angle. Makes sense, I guess.

Ok so we got back last night ( went saturday 10/26 ) and some observations, the early access ticket allows you in at 3 pm, not 2:45, not 2:50 not 2:59 but 3 PM ONLY!

We saw the line begin to get long at around 2:30 and asking a TM were told no early access was allowed any time before 3 pm, they aren't even allowed to scan before then, so we kind of hung out in the ticketing area until 3 pm ( ok we got in line around 2:55 and by the time we got close it was already after 3 pm )

We feel the early access for an extra $25 is sooooo worth the extra $$$$$!

When we got in we went and walked around, did the horror make up show, took photos and just kind of took in the atmosphre of the HHN excitement.

Talking to one of the TM at Finnegins we were told that strategically if we were looking for quanitity our best bet would be to wait in the Springfield holding area, which we did.

We hung out at Springfield and had some of the Bumblebee Man tacos ( the carne asada ones were the bomb ) and had some beer while waiting.

Once 5 pm hit they removed the barricades from either end of the walkway and we made our way towards the back gate by the restrooms to make our way to Universal Monsters area.

The TM in charge of letting everyone out had said they were ready a little bit early and removed the barricade around 5:38, we made our way into Universal Monsters and did that one, Depths OF Fear, and went to Killer Klowns all 3 houses BEFORE the official opening , we did all houses EXCEPT for Us, Stranger Things and Ghostbusters.

The TM at Finnigens said right off the bat there is already going to be a long line to get into ST due to the popularity of the 3 houses concentrated in that area, if we wanted to go through the most houses we should start at the back and make our way front.

We went through our 7th house by 8:00, by that time we were beat from all of the walking so we kind of just hung out ( the twisted tater was actually really good ) and went through the scare zones on our way out .

All in all not a bad year for HHN but i feel like they maybe held back possibly due to next year being the 30th anniversary , the vibe of this year didn't feel as gory or scary as in years past, i have read some people saying it wasn't as gory or scary and i see it now , IDK if it's because of next year or if it was on purpose because of guest feedback?

The crowds were huge though at last check ST wait time was 120 minutes by the time we left .

Other than the heavy downpour at around 5:20 things went surprisingly well.

KMshQi9.jpg

Last edited:
Other than the heavy downpour at around 5:20 things went surprisingly well.

Said heavy downpour probably worked in your favor as to keeping early crowd size down & possibly those with multiday passes away.

Not that I personally need it, but was wondering as to the value of the EE line. How long did you actually wait in the EE line before entering the park?

Said heavy downpour probably worked in your favor as to keeping early crowd size down & possibly those with multiday passes away.

Not that I personally need it, but was wondering as to the value of the EE line. How long did you actually wait in the EE line before entering the park?
We didn't wait long at all, there were maybe 25-30 people waiting to get EE in I kinda wish they had an EE designated line for faster entry although the process didn't take long at all. Scan barcode, then scan finger, all done

Want to send keishashadow a big thank you for working on this sticky hhn 2019

She has kept it on current and on task and has been very prompt in sharing with us what it has been all about

you’ve done an awesome job over the years for the official hhn sticky this year

I do know she will be ready to come next hhn season to keep up the tradition of hhn 2020 official thread!

set your calendar for 2020
I’m holding the spot for you to carry on the tradition

Want to send keishashadow a big thank you for working on this sticky hhn 2019

She has kept it on current and on task and has been very prompt in sharing with us what it has been all about

you’ve done an awesome job over the years for the official hhn sticky this year

I do know she will be ready to come next hhn season to keep up the tradition of hhn 2020 official thread!

set your calendar for 2020
I’m holding the spot for you to carry on the tradition

Agreed.

Thank you Keisha for the wonderful thread and for all the info and time you put into it......

See you here next year...…. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!