Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Robo, your pictures are awesome! You got some great shots. Does anyone know if there is a way to buy any of the merchandise outside of being in the parks? I tried to look on Universal website and didn't find anything. Something like that would be a great thing to put in the box I am going to give my son to let him know we are going this year. Surprise for his 16th birthday and our first time going! :yay:

The hotels have small HHN displays. T-shirts, pins, shotglasses sort of stuff.

I believe Citywalk has a HHN kiosk as you walk around. And the Universal Citywalk store probably has a display as well.

Robo, your pictures are awesome! You got some great shots. Does anyone know if there is a way to buy any of the merchandise outside of being in the parks? I tried to look on Universal website and didn't find anything. Something like that would be a great thing to put in the box I am going to give my son to let him know we are going this year. Surprise for his 16th birthday and our first time going! :yay:
Last year I went online and bought t-shirts based on which houses my kids were most excited to see. It’s very easy to find some unique t-shirts based on stranger things. My kids still enjoy wearing those clothes now. I found stuff on amazon, Etsy, and Hot topic if that helps.

Last year I went online and bought t-shirts based on which houses my kids were most excited to see. It’s very easy to find some unique t-shirts based on stranger things. My kids still enjoy wearing those clothes now. I found stuff on amazon, Etsy, and Hot topic if that helps.

I do the same thing every year! I second buying shirts themed to the houses. I found a lot of Stranger Things ones last year, but it should be easy to find ones for any IP house. I get ours from Etsy, Target, Hot Topic, and I've had some good luck on this one site with $6 tees. (The shirts usually have generic names, but I found cool horror movie ones for my boyfriend in the past on there). On Amazon there's also a pretty good book about the history of HHN if their interested in that it could be something fun to put in the box.

OMG!! These are great ideas! I never thought to check outside sources for the items. I think i will start doing some research now and see what I can find. Raeven, the book idea is awesome, my son loves books! Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I can't wait!!

OMG!! These are great ideas! I never thought to check outside sources for the items. I think i will start doing some research now and see what I can find. Raeven, the book idea is awesome, my son loves books! Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I can't wait!!

I really love your enthusiasm! I will be shocked if you guys don't instantly join us as HHN addicts! We're so sick, we book our hotel as soon as our school system releases the next year's calendar (we go during our Fall Break), and we book our Southwest flight the day they release tickets for our dates. We're now just waiting for the Frequent Fear w/ Express Passes to be available.

Murdy over at US Hollywood said there will be a drought of new info (I assume that will be for Orlando too), so this is an agonizing time. But on the bright side, the HHN info will flow again, plus we will have a lot of Hagrid's Motorbike info soon!

This will be my third year going! We are considering taking advantage of the BOGO ticket sale happening right now and doing two nights instead of one this year. We love going on Halloween itself, which is a Thursday this year. The tentative plan is to buy express passes for one night (the first night) to get through everything, then use the second night to go back through whatever we loved most and to really enjoy the scare zones and just walking around the park. Should we do Wednesday the 30th and Thursday the 31st, or Thursday the 31st and Friday the 1st?

All I can say is Wednesday has the lightest crowds of the week

Thursday is the next night crowds are not weak but not as overwhelming as Fri, Sa, Su

With that Thursday being Halloween, do not know if it will effect crowds

Families might do trick or treating in their neighborhood or maybe more would go to hhn on a week night

Hard for me to call

Thanks imprint, I really am just so excited. I have a feeling you are right about us being HHN addicts! I can't wait for the new info to come out. We want to do the express too. I will be happy when i actually have those tickets purchased. I have a feeling my son will be asking me to make arrangements to go next year before we even leave the hotel. LOL

i'm a relatively new AP, and just wanted to confirm- there are usually AP discounts for individual HHN tickets, the multi-night tickets (Rush, etc.), and tours, but NO AP discounts for HHN Express Passes, right?
trying to work out whether the BOGO with non-discounted XP would be better than some AP deal that might come out this summer (i'm only planning on 2 or 3 nights mid-Oct.)

If you only go two nights and not a Saturday, present bogo is a good deal

I have the preferred ap and using that for hhn discounts did not beat the bogo last year (one first offered which had a cut off of last day to buy it)

i'm a relatively new AP, and just wanted to confirm- there are usually AP discounts for individual HHN tickets, the multi-night tickets (Rush, etc.), and tours, but NO AP discounts for HHN Express Passes, right?
trying to work out whether the BOGO with non-discounted XP would be better than some AP deal that might come out this summer (i'm only planning on 2 or 3 nights mid-Oct.)

I agree with @macraven. I bought the BOGO last year and then a 1 night AP discounted ticket for a Saturday. I bought EP for 2 of the 3 nights. The price I paid was cheaper than any deal that eventually came out. The break even point for the next cheapest deal, can't remember which one, was going to require at least 5 nights of attendance, I think. I decided to go this route this year too and have already bought the BOGO. The AP discounted price for the 1 night was only like $5 I think. There were no discounts for HHN EP by itself.

I've probably missed the answer, but the thread is quite large: Does anyone know when HHN Express Passes are going on sale / the usual date they're released?

Apologies for not updating thread during recent vacation, it’s on my short list

So, for 4 HHN nights beginning September 14, you are looking at September 14, 15, 18, 19? Historically, those dates would be covered by the Rush of Fear pass (I think it is usually offered as a subset of the Frequent Fear passes). Be sure to check the covered dates when they are released. The Rush of Fear option is an excellent ticket for people that can be there at the beginning of the event season. You should seriously consider the Rush of Fear with Express Pass option. Last year pretty much all dates were more crowded than usual, and if I remember right, there was even a sold out night very early. If I was going when you are (we are going early-mid October this year), then I would definitely buy the Rush of Fear with Express Pass tickets. No question, as it is has always been a great bargain (bargain is a relative term here of course lol).

We stay on-site and usually pick up the HHN tickets at the hotel ticket kiosk/desk. We have also used the kiosks outside the park entrances. Be sure to take the credit card used to purchase the tickets, because you will have to present them (to a desk attendant) or be scanned at a kiosk. I would also keep the email confirmation handy (on phone or printout) if needed.

Finally, just to make sure you are clear on your plan, I assume you will want to stay in the park and utilize the Stay and Scream option. If so, when the Studios are closing (be sure to be in Studios and not IoA), instead of leaving the park, go to a designated Stay and Scream location (to be announced later, but usually they are Finnegans, Springfield, and Hello Kitty). They will confirm you have HHN tickets for that night, give you a wristband, and you can hang out until they release you to the horror (before the front gates open to the public).

Have fun, and it might well, like many of us, turn into a yearly tradition!

Historically is the key word there. With the longer haunt season this year, who knows what mayhem will ensue re tickets. Personally, thinking there will be a curve ball or two tossed our way.

ST franchise akin to being able to print money, they could easily switch things up and charge higher prices and the masses will still come out in droves. if anything it would behoove them to up the price for the FF & RoF to keep attendance manageable. Toss in higher multi day EP prices into the mix too. Hope i’m ‘Dead wrong’ lol

Any post with Sam makes my day :)

I agree with @macraven. I bought the BOGO last year and then a 1 night AP discounted ticket for a Saturday. I bought EP for 2 of the 3 nights. The price I paid was cheaper than any deal that eventually came out. The break even point for the next cheapest deal, can't remember which one, was going to require at least 5 nights of attendance, I think. I decided to go this route this year too and have already bought the BOGO. The AP discounted price for the 1 night was only like $5 I think. There were no discounts for HHN EP by itself.

Was going to post the same scenario for us over 3 days (including a saturday)

Hi guys!

My twin and I are pretty much brand new to Universal (I’ve been once almost 10 years ago). For YEARS we have been obsessed with the idea of going to HHN, and this year, it’s finally happening!

Due to our work schedules, we have a limited amount of time, but we decided to grab the BOGO tickets to maximize our time in HHN. We also will have day passes to the parks on both days, so we can take advantage of Stay and Scream.

With that being said, could we likely see all the houses in 2 days without Express? We have some other events to save up for this year (for all you Harry Potter fans, the Starkids Homecoming!) so it would be nice if we didn’t *have* to shell out for that too. That being said, we also don’t want to be miserable. Thoughts?

Hi guys!

My twin and I are pretty much brand new to Universal (I’ve been once almost 10 years ago). For YEARS we have been obsessed with the idea of going to HHN, and this year, it’s finally happening!

Due to our work schedules, we have a limited amount of time, but we decided to grab the BOGO tickets to maximize our time in HHN. We also will have day passes to the parks on both days, so we can take advantage of Stay and Scream.

With that being said, could we likely see all the houses in 2 days without Express? We have some other events to save up for this year (for all you Harry Potter fans, the Starkids Homecoming!) so it would be nice if we didn’t *have* to shell out for that too. That being said, we also don’t want to be miserable. Thoughts?

You are off to a good start planning :)

Depends when in haunt season you will be visiting. Weekdays are your best bet for lower crowds. Most agree that visiting earlier in September helps beat the big crowds. We are trying a new time period, two weeks prior to Columbus Day this year. Hoping it’s a bit slower than the busy week prior to that weekend.

You often can add EP day of if it’s not sold out. If you hit the ‘big tix’ houses early, such as Stranger Things, over two days you probably can hit all the houses but may not be able to work in shows.

Have fun planning your trip.

You are off to a good start planning :)

Depends when in haunt season you will be visiting. Weekdays are your best bet for lower crowds. Most agree that visiting earlier in September helps beat the big crowds. We are trying a new time period, two weeks prior to Columbus Day this year. Hoping it’s a bit slower than the busy week prior to that weekend.

You often can add EP day of if it’s not sold out. If you hit the ‘big tix’ houses early, such as Stranger Things, over two days you probably can hit all the houses but may not be able to work in shows.

Have fun planning your trip.

Thanks for the reply!

We are actually planning for weekdays in September, so this sounds super promising.

Do you have any extra pointers for HHN newbies? Something not to be missed? We love everything spooky and we are SO stoked this is finally happening for us! Definitely a bucket list item.

Wednesday and Thursday would be a great choice for September

Crowds will be much lower then compared to October is my guess

Hi guys!

Definitely do Stay and Scream. If Stranger Things is as big as last year, then you will want to get to the area when it opens, somewhere between 3:30 and 4pm probably. You should be able to knock it out and 1 or 2 others nearby without too much waiting. If you don't get in the first group, then the delay in wait time for the 2nd group can kill the advantage of waiting some. This is assuming things are as busy this year as last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!