Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

No you are not allowed in early like Disney does if you have a HHN ticket only. They are offering this year a ticket that lets you in at 3pm for $25 I believe it is.

And yes express is worth it, especially if you're only doing it once and want to see everything.

Thank you! We ended up getting the express pass and man was it worth it! My son wouldn’t have waited for the houses and I really wanted to see them. We did most with very little wait which was awesome!! An unexpected benefit was the low to no waits for rides. Since my son had never been I wanted him to get to do some rides. Both of us where blown away by the mummy, gringots (son not a Harry Potter fan but really liked the ride), MIB, fast n furious and that roller coaster - holly molly they was was awesome. So glad we got to experience it and I’m so greatful for these boards. Going in kind of knowing what to expect really helps to manage ones expectations. So thank you to all of you who post on here, it really helps us novices out tremendously. THANK YOU!!

Thank you! We ended up getting the express pass and man was it worth it! My son wouldn’t have waited for the houses and I really wanted to see them. We did most with very little wait which was awesome!! An unexpected benefit was the low to no waits for rides. Since my son had never been I wanted him to get to do some rides. Both of us where blown away by the mummy, gringots (son not a Harry Potter fan but really liked the ride), MIB, fast n furious and that roller coaster - holly molly they was was awesome. So glad we got to experience it and I’m so greatful for these boards. Going in kind of knowing what to expect really helps to manage ones expectations. So thank you to all of you who post on here, it really helps us novices out tremendously. THANK YOU!!
We will see you next year :)

Here now for my second and last night before heading over to Disney. Now it’s late they’re handing out these little orange tickets to people in the house queues. I was handed one last night too but no one ever took it from me later so I’ve no idea what it’s for. Yes I could ask someone but it’s late and I’m tired so thought I would ask here (and by doing so hopefully add to the collective knowledge for everyone). Cheers.

We're leaving for Orlando in a couple hours and I'm so excited! I went to one HHN about 20 years ago but remember next to nothing of it, so this might as well be my first time.

Thanks to all of you I feel fairly well-prepared and know what to expect. At everyone's recommendation I decided at the last minute to splurge on the EP for just this first night. I also decided to get the Frequent Fear pass rather than Rush of Fear so we can hopefully attend more nights (we're in Tampa so not a long drive). This way we can revisit our favorite houses, check out the scare zones, peruse the merch, and just stroll around and enjoy the ambience.

Based on what people have said, I decided to go to the Simpson's holding pen--probably around 4:30-- in the hopes of getting a seat. The teens (DD and boyfriend) can ride the rides in the park until the last minute and either meet up with me there if that's possible or I can meet up with them in the park later.

I'll let you all know how it went!

We're leaving for Orlando in a couple hours and I'm so excited! I went to one HHN about 20 years ago but remember next to nothing of it, so this might as well be my first time.

Thanks to all of you I feel fairly well-prepared and know what to expect. At everyone's recommendation I decided at the last minute to splurge on the EP for just this first night. I also decided to get the Frequent Fear pass rather than Rush of Fear so we can hopefully attend more nights (we're in Tampa so not a long drive). This way we can revisit our favorite houses, check out the scare zones, peruse the merch, and just stroll around and enjoy the ambience.

Based on what people have said, I decided to go to the Simpson's holding pen--probably around 4:30-- in the hopes of getting a seat. The teens (DD and boyfriend) can ride the rides in the park until the last minute and either meet up with me there if that's possible or I can meet up with them in the park later.

I'll let you all know how it went!
Just a quick tip. While they are clearing out regular guests they have the restaurant section blocked off from where you enter for S&S. It looks like it’s closed, but there are spots with a rope and a team member standing by. If you let them know you want to go over to eat they will open it up so you can get across.

Just a quick tip. While they are clearing out regular guests they have the restaurant section blocked off from where you enter for S&S. It looks like it’s closed, but there are spots with a rope and a team member standing by. If you let them know you want to go over to eat they will open it up so you can get across.

Great; thanks!

Are these scare "houses" and "mazes" the same thing? Or are there actual "houses" and separate "mazes"?
Thanks!

For the rides, that close before event end, what time do they close? Also, does anyone know what nights The Simpsons ride operates since it says select nights only?

Houses and scare zones
They are two separate things

Maybe some peeps are calling the scare zones a maze?

Good question. When I read "maze" I basically read "puzzle". Are the houses basically linear or do you have to find your way out?

With the houses having a long conga line, (inside the house) you just follow the people in front of up

TMs are in the houses and help keep all moving along

Lines can get backed up inside but you don’t get lost in them

Just watched Dracula. Was not impressed.

I do understand that the scares were meant for more delicate audiences, but that didn't put me off any of the other original monster films. I have really enjoyed Frankenstein, The Mummy and The Wolfman.

All Dracula had was rubber bats floating on strings and close ups on Bela Lugosi's face.

Hi all!! So we're getting ready to mark another thing off of our bucket list...and going to HHN for the very first time in a couple of weeks! It's a quick trip (Wednesday - Saturday). There will be 4 of us going to the parks 2 days and 2 of us going to HHN. We did the BOGO offer for Thursday and Friday, and did the RIP tour for Friday. I'm guessing it's the public RIP (it says "non-exclusive) and I guess I picked an 8pm start time when I booked because that's showing on my paperwork. :)

The 2 that are going to HHN really want the other 2 to go. The non-HHN goers are not into getting scared/being spooked...but can manage hanging out at other amusement parks Halloween events. (I know, I know...Sea World halloween events aren't probably even in the same category as what HHN puts on. lol) But we've been reading articles on how "scaredy cats" can handle HHN and might consider going.

So...all that to ask...should the 2 non-HHNer's decide to actually go now, what's the best/most cost-effective option for tickets? I've been told by other regular HHNers that you can usually find discounted rates on Coke cans in the area. Is that really a thing? Or should I call Universal vacations and see if they'll have a good offer? They wouldn't be doing the houses, except maybe Ghostbusters since we've read that's not "scary".

One more question, I'm getting a bit nervous about not having an EP for the 1st night that the HHNers will be going on their own. I'm glad that they'll have the RIP for the 2nd night to ensure that they'll get to see all the houses, but I don't want the 1st night to be just standing in lines. Any recommendations on how to take on the 1st night?

Thanks!
Lea

If it’s Thursday October 3, don’t think lines will be bad that night
I don’t plan to get the ep that night but I do have a tour set up for Friday the 4

If you have a day park ticket and stay in the park Thursday, hang out in one of the holding sections so you are ahead of the crowds when the park opens for hhn
Less wait for a few of your first houses then

For your Friday public rip hhn, short waits for the houses
You cross thru shortcut ways with your tour guide to reach some of the houses

Your tour should be over in 4 hours If you star a 8 pm

Friday’s have more crowds than Wednesday or Thursday

People that have day jobs don’t all rush to hhn after a full work day
They will come later and park will have wait lines much later possibly

I have not seen to much talk on them but both Marathon of Mayhem and Academy of Villains were both awesome.

MoM is a 10 minute fluff show, but a really well done fluff show that was pretty exciting and just pure enjoyment, especially if you are a fan of the IPs featured for the show.

Academy of Villains was an amazing show. Probably the best one I have seen from them at HHN. It had a very accessible story that translated really well on stage. It actually was horror themed unlike the cyberpunk of 2018. And each of the segments were great with some jaw dropping moments.

It has just enough humor in some parts, and more heart (story wise) then I expected.

One of the best parts of HHN this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter