Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

well apparently it's still a secret :P as I didn't get the survey :rotfl: I did get a "unique offer code" for Universal though...Is that usual? I used to get those often from Disney (until I showed up 8 times within a year).

Congrats. I got one for CB too, does me no good as it expires before date i need 6/29.

Never got a wdw pin code despite signing up via multiple emails = MGM. Mouse Got (my) Money already lol

Do it, do it.... :P

:rotfl: I want to! Not sure if it'll be possible to do 2 trips. Are you guys doing HHN again?

@Raeven oh you need to try and get there........you know you want to.......:D

:laughing: I do! But even if I don't get there for that weekend I'll still have 6 nights of HHN...but there's something so fun about being there opening weekend too.

well apparently it's still a secret :P as I didn't get the survey :rotfl: I did get a "unique offer code" for Universal though...Is that usual? I used to get those often from Disney (until I showed up 8 times within a year).

Same here! No survey, but I got that code. Although the code is pretty much useless because we aren't planning on going before it expires :sad2:

I got the survey too. There were many options that would work for us, but if one of those options is not available, then I don't know what we'll do. We only have one option to visit, and we like to go 3 (preferably non-Fri/Sat) nights. I guess we'll know in 3 short months when the BOGO ends lol.

Same for us last year. We bought the BOGO and used it for Friday and Sunday and then bought a single night ticket with a small AP discount. It was the cheapest way for our plans. I will probably do the same this year for Thursday-Sunday.

A friend got one of these too. I didn’t even know they did this at Universal.

I didnt get the survey or the code..:sad: but we are going in October so I guess the code would have been no use to us anyway .lol

For those of you that purchased last year- we have only ONE night we can go this year - hence, the bogo really doesn’t help us. So I assume we’d be better off to wait for the regular tickets to come out and purchase the one night with AP discount? I assume this ends up cheaper than the bofo since we can’t use the second night anyway, correct? Can’t remember how much tix with AP was last year- would be a Sunday, oct 13

Nvm- I found the comparable price from last years thread! Sorry!

Last edited:

Looks like I will be there the same time as you again. Maybe we can actually meet in person this time::yes::

I remember. It was short, but it was great to meet you. I didn't get to meet @macraven though:( Only talked on the phone.

I plan on booking a private tour for October 4 this year

Will be able to see you then if that is also your tour date

If not, then will meet up with you anytime you are at UO

I'm kind of hoping, and not hoping, that Uni rolls out the September Passholder Appreciation month on a grand scale, like they did last year. I'm looking forward to a nice discount on my room, but on those nights when they had Passholder early entry for HHN, the crowds kind of seemed to be insane, since they were a separate queue from the other early entry folks. The crowd levels for HHN in September seemed to be much worse than in October.

I have the opposite thought

I’ve gone to hhn and hit the Columbus Day week the past 15 years in a row

Decided the crowds are too busy so switching back to start in September for this fall trip for lighter crowds
Will hit both months for hhn

Started doing hhn in 1999 but went in September until I switched to October

I plan on booking a private tour for October 4 this year

Will be able to see you then if that is also your tour date

If not, then will meet up with you anytime you are at UO

I think I am going to book the 3rd, Thursday, because I am doing a podcast meet up during the weekend.

Thursdays are a good night for tours

Less crowded than Fridays and lower tour cost price

Carole has posted nearly deserted streets for her September visits last few years. Believe she said there was an uptick of sorts for HHN last year those dates.

Regardless, I can’t see it being anywhere as bad as Columbus Day weekend & pre week has become.

So glad to give the first week a whirl this year.

Carole has posted nearly deserted streets for her September visits last few years. Believe she said there was an uptick of sorts for HHN last year those dates.

Regardless, I can’t see it being anywhere as bad as Columbus Day weekend & pre week has become.

So glad to give the first week a whirl this year.

I think last year there was a huge Stranger Things effect. Interesting to see if they do it again this year with a Season 2 house, and if they do, if it has the same draw.

I think last year there was a huge Stranger Things effect. Interesting to see if they do it again this year with a Season 2 house, and if they do, if it has the same draw.

Absolutely, there was a much younger demographic in evidence.

Know many casual past-guests who had no plans on attending until ST was announced.

So many complained about the EP lines being slammed vs prior years.:confused3

I believe I saw a mention in the 2018 HHN thread that the BOGO tickets were able to be upgraded. I assume this would cover any of the FF, ROF type of passes.

Any direct or indirect experience whether this was the case last year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter