"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the silly question but we're first time halloween party goers, only party I've been to was in 2005. I originally thought we'd watch the 2nd parade in Frontierland since that used to be the quietest spot. If that is busy now which parade is the better one to go to and is there a better spot to view without waiting 30-45? We are 3 adults and do not need to be in the front. The headless horseman is my #1 priority, hoping weather cooperates. Thanks for any tips!
2nd parade in Frontierland is still going to be your best option and think more like 45 - 1hr. There is also on top of the train station but that means by the time it get's to you it will be 11:50pm. not much time to do anything else. Except, Hocus Pocus & magic Shots on Main Street and Headless Horseman. Oh, Main Street Bakery and Emporium should still be open.

This thread is wearing off on me. I’ve never really planned a party before - we’re more wing it folks - but I’m sitting here with the party map and a spreadsheet. I hate myself.

And I’m contemplating that MNSSHP “pass” which is really making me hate myself too.

Blah! :surfweb:

I am a wing it party person too, but this thread is beginning to stress me out. Please share your nerdy spreadsheet. 😆

Getting sucked into the over planning vortex.

Does anyone have input on when to have a Plaza dinner on party night? We’ll be in the parks early and the Plaza is the restaurant that is a request as a must.

I was thinking 4 or 4:30. Would that be too late? We want to meet Moana as early as possible.

Anyone see any pics of videos of the fireworks from further back spots, such as the TTC or Poly. Just trying to study the perimeter shots.

Hallowishes used 8 "extra" launch points surrounding the MK to create what most will call the "180 degree" fireworks (in addition to the 'regular' launch points on/around the castle and the main launch point 'behind' the MK).

I can see at least 4 'extra' launch points in the videos I've seen from last night, but they're all too close to the castle/zoomed in to see the full skyline. Seemed like they were being used at various parts throughout the show, not just the ending like Hallowishes.

Tried not to watch any but couldn't help it. :-)
This is from the Poly 8/16 of the new Halloween fireworks.20190820_180348.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks! Beautiful pic. As I suspected, it’s missing two “extra” launch points on both the right and left. The good thing is it looked like there was pretty decent use of those extra launch points throughout the show, so that’s cool to see vs just the finale as before.

For comparison, this pic isn’t technically HalloWishes (it’s the NYE early show) bit it’s from close to the same location and shows what would have been the same finale launch points as HalloWishes as it used the same positions.

IMG_4976.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter