"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright here is my plan for MNSSHP. Let me know if I'm missing anything. Also we are AP's so we will be there around 11am or 12pm.

1. FP for Space Ranger Spin @ 11:30-12:30
2. FP for Space Mountain @ 12:45-1:45
3. Change from normal park clothes to costumes around 2pm
4. Head to Big Top for merchandise (AP can purchase MNSSHP merch with proof of ticket at 2pm)
5. FP for Peter Pan Flight @ 2:05-3:05pm
6. Jack and Sally 3-5pm (fingers crossed)
7. Firehouse for party exclusive SMK card
8. Bypass for candy and pumpkin pic
9. Mobile order hades nachos and sipper right at 7pm
10. oak outpost for Hitchhicking ghost donuts container and pretzel
11. pooh if line is not too long
12. pics with Jafar, Jasmine, and Aladdin (me and the hubby are dressing up as Jasmine and Aladdin)
13. Sundae from Sleepy Hallow
14. Haunted mansion lantern shot
15. ride HM
16. pirates
17. Fireworks at 10:15pm
18. Boo to you @ 11:15pm
19. HP Spelltacular @ 12 or trick a treat a little bit (we have seen this show about 3 times so it's not new to us, but it is one of the best IMO)
crawl into an Uber back to resort :tiptoe:

Last edited:
For those of you who grabbed a spot for the fireworks as the first parade was leaving that area, how was it getting through those crowds? We're not going until October, so I'm hoping the crowds die down a bit by then, but I want to have a game plan well beforehand.
Its like a fish swimming up stream, just make sure you are holding hands and everyone knows where they have to be. Also most times the 1st parade spectators camp out for the fireworks so it may be hard to find a spot near the hub.

Its like a fish swimming up stream, just make sure you are holding hands and everyone knows where they have to be. Also most times the 1st parade spectators camp out for the fireworks so it may be hard to find a spot near the hub.

This is exactly what I was thinking! This is will be our 4th party, so I had planned on doing the second parade since it tends to be less crowded, however, I'm wondering if it would be better to just sit there for the first parade, wait for the fireworks and then continue to hang out there to watch the HP show since it will be running at 10:45pm during our party night. I just didn't want to suck up so much party time waiting for everything, but the shows and maybe 3 of the rides are what's most important to us, so I guess it comes with the territory.

Good morning! I have been posting but I wanted to give a rundown in one place of my thoughts. We attended the August 20 party last night. It was crowded. I think the biggest impact may have been the number of passholders in town for SWGE previews. We have noticed a lot here in general and tacking on an extra party (or the pass) seems like a good idea... But despite the crowds we had a great time.

Our priorities were the parade, show and fireworks. We also wanted to see the ride overlays at space mountain and Pirates.

3:45 Bus pulled in and they were just starting to scan magic bands
4:00 Through the ticket line and with the wristband. The ticket process took a while.
4:01 it started to pour. As a result we didn’t get pictures we wanted on main street. We just went straight to Tomorrowland for our Space Mountain fastpass
4:20 done riding space mountain
4:20-4:35 haunted mansion without fastpass
5:00-5:20 splash mountain with fastpass
5:30-5:50 Jungle Cruise with fastpass
5:50-6:00 Flying carpets
6:00-6:30 snack at Aloha isle - kids wanted to sit, use restroom, also grabbed great bags during this time
6:30-7 dinner at Pecos bill
7:10-7:30 POTC with overlay. Wait posted at 40 minutes, it was much shorter. Actors were in line as well as inside the ride. We all enjoyed this.
7:25-8:15 7DMT posted wait was 45 minutes, more like 35
8:25-8:40 space mountain. Posted wait was 40. Took less than 30. We loved the overlay here. It was much scarier than normal
8:45-8:50 monsters inc laugh floor ToT. We sat for a minute during the show. We caught the tail end or would have stayed longer
8:55-9:10 Buzz Lightyear, gift shop, bathroom
9:30-9:45 auntie gravities, strolling towards castle with milkshakes. The pumpkin spice one is delicious
9:50-10:15 wait for fireworks. We found a good spot at the hub by getting in there right at the end of the first parade.
10:15 - 10:30 fireworks
10:30-1040 walked to Frontierland. Crowds were crushing. It was insane.
10:45-11 BTMRR. My oldest didn’t want to ride so she saved a spot for us right across from Pecos bill. We still would have gotten a spot but we were front row.
11:10 headless horseman
11:15-11:30 parade
11:30-11:40 followed parade towards liberty square
11:40-11:45 pictures by haunted mansion
Midnight hocus Pocus show

Bus lined were awful. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to Coronado springs. In retrospect I should have gotten a Minnie Van.

Thank you SO much for your detailed itinerary and review! I have the same goals our our party--do the rides with overlays, fireworks, 2nd parade and midnight Hocus Locus show. This was very helpful.

This is exactly what I was thinking! This is will be our 4th party, so I had planned on doing the second parade since it tends to be less crowded, however, I'm wondering if it would be better to just sit there for the first parade, wait for the fireworks and then continue to hang out there to watch the HP show since it will be running at 10:45pm during our party night. I just didn't want to suck up so much party time waiting for everything, but the shows and maybe 3 of the rides are what's most important to us, so I guess it comes with the territory.
I completely understand! The new firework show has me questioning my plans, I really want to be near to hub! I have bad eyesight as is and don't want to squint to see Jack 😂

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I can say that for me and a lot of us, we have been waiting for months to see IF, HOW and WHEN SWGE would impact the MNSSHP. It's as simple as that.

Exactly. I thought it would be helpful to share that a reason a Tuesday party in August might be crowded was the number of passholders in town for SWGE previews.

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I can say that for me and a lot of us, we have been waiting for months to see IF, HOW and WHEN SWGE would impact the MNSSHP. It's as simple as that.

I completely understand. I’ll be there next Friday (because I’m going for SW:GE). I was just confused by the tone (even if it wasn’t her intention).
I’ll be honest, I’m not a Halloween person (even in October) but this is our only way to get a late night in MK on a short trip. We'll be there just for rides (not characters, not parades or fireworks). I can’t imagine I’m the only one doing the same thing.
I guess my point is, we are only 2 parties into the season. It’s way too early to decide what’s influencing crowds.

Well, friends, I’ll be attending the party with a new accessory. A walking boot. I broke my toe and needed stitches. Blah. Let’s hope it doesn’t get in the way of the fun too much.

Oh no! How did that happen and stitches too? I hope you have a great party!

I completely understand! The new firework show has me questioning my plans, I really want to be near to hub! I have bad eyesight as is and don't want to squint to see Jack 😂

Oh my gosh...me too!!! I don't want to wear my glasses either! :smooth: We used to just stake out a spot in that grassy area in front of Casey's, but that doesn't look like a good option now. I'd do the dessert party, but we've already got that booked for HEA on the following night, and I can only give Disney so much of my money before I draw the line. :rotfl:

Re: fireworks-I know we will watch the first parade from Frontierland, and I have changed my thinking: we are to going to treat stops at Splash Mountain and Tom Sawyer dock as soon as the THE END sign passes us ,then maybe ride Splash Mountain-should be short lines since the parade will still be along Main Street. We should have already had lots of fun soaking up the atmosphere and doing a few prioritiy rides and treat stops before the parade. We will just watch the fireworks part of the show from behind the castle and not fight the crowds to the hub. DH and I have gotten so old we like to watch our college team on TV rather than from the nosebleed section, so we will come home and watch the projections on our big screen! It seems this show does not have as many enjoyable vantage points as Hallowishes did, so to me that is a minus no matter how cute the projections are. Would be amazing if we could time BTMR for during the fireworks-I have always heard about how amazing that is-

I completely understand. I’ll be there next Friday (because I’m going for SW:GE). I was just confused by the tone (even if it wasn’t her intention).
I’ll be honest, I’m not a Halloween person (even in October) but this is our only way to get a late night in MK on a short trip. We'll be there just for rides (not characters, not parades or fireworks). I can’t imagine I’m the only one doing the same thing.
I guess my point is, we are only 2 parties into the season. It’s way too early to decide what’s influencing crowds.

There was no tone. I was waiting for someone to comment on SWGE and/or the Unlimited Pass and someone did. Plain & simple.

Last edited:
I can't find pictures of any of the dessert party offerings during the party. Can someone direct me?

Thanks !

There was no tone. I was waiting for someone to comment on SWGE and/or the Unlimited Pass and someone did. Plan & simple.
From having read many different threads on Disboards, I have found a large number of us who planned early September trips specifically to have lower crowds before GE opening, yet get to see MNSSHP and F&W. We have been adjusting our expectations for HS crowds, and now for MNSSHP and F&W. Of course I understand there are no "low" crowds anymore, but historically September has had lower crowds overall. It also seems from comments that the "limited" number of tickets sold for each MNSSHP may be a myth now! I do feel sometimes Disney's "schedules subject to change" clause has made trip planning really difficult, and this September trip for me at least, has been the hardest to plan for. I do believe any day at Disney beats a day at home, so I'm going with that attitude, and the knowledge I got from the first trip I planned using these boards and TP-WDW isn't going anywhere and we can always come back-

I get it. It's almost impossible to read tone in printed messages. Last year I posted about my experience with the second parade of the night at MNSSHP and I commented that I erroneously thought that people with young children would have left by that time of night and it would be less crowded and someone BLASTED me because she does keep her kids up for the whole MNSSHP. I never judged people keeping their kids up, never said a negative word about anyone's parenting decision but she "read" my tone as being judgmental. Even thought I wrote that the fault was MINE in thinking that. It's an unfortunate part of online communication that lines can get crossed. No worries.

As for it being too early to see what's influencing crowds....I leave in one week, with my trip coinciding with SWGE opening and F&W opening. If I remember correctly, so is @FoxC63, so SWGE AP previews, etc. will directly affect our trips.

As for it being too early to see what's influencing crowds....I leave in one week, with my trip coinciding with SWGE opening and F&W opening. If I remember correctly, so is @FoxC63, so SWGE AP previews, etc. will directly affect our trips.
Yep. And my trip too!
I know lots of folks who got in for the GE previews and decided to add on MNSSHP while they were in town...some of them probably bought the party pass, too. It’s definitely driving up early party crowds. And sadly, I expect the land opening itself will have the same effect. Those few days between AP previews and official opening might be ok though LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter