"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions all!! We will be entering for the party at 4 and plan on eating right before we enter so we can just snack through the night and don't get sugar highs from all the candy-GADisneyDad14--we have went hungry and it wasn't pretty by the end of the night..lol
I didn't consider the princesses for meets as I thought they would be busy all night! Its encouraging to hear that Space started the overlay a little early and wasn't crowded but with our party night being the Sunday before Halloween I'm not confident that we will be that lucky!! We have done MNSSHP in the past but not since overlays started-how do we know if the ride has changed over or not?

We have had many moments of pixie dust this trip and it's one of our best trips all around - with the big exception of the Halloween Party. We won't let it ruin anything though - just won't spend the money for that experience again next year and hope it helps others who are on the fence - honestly, save the money and put it towards something else, if other parties are anything like last night.

Wow! Thank you so much for all the details, it will help guide us when giving advise and planning our own parties. Again, so sorry you had a bad experience but you aren't alone. Are you going to write Disney?

Follow-up question on this: How does that work? Is there party only merchandise available in the stores that they will only sell to you if you have a party band on?

Seems like regular day guests would find that confusing.

Trying to boost your question so it doesn't get lost. I believe there is party only merch which you need to show your party band to purchase, but I never tried to buy any so I can't give you details.

Trying to boost your question so it doesn't get lost. I believe there is party only merch which you need to show your party band to purchase, but I never tried to buy any so I can't give you details.

They may have changed since we went last October, but when we went then, the party merchandise was in a roped off section and you had to show your band to get in to look at it. I would assume after the party started, those ropes were removed.

When would you go?

I’m debating between Sunday night 9/29 and Tuesday night 10/1.

I want to go on the less crowded party night, which I’m assuming would be Tuesday. However, our flight leaves at 6:30 the next morning, so I’m thinking we may be extremely exhausted if we tried the party then.
How crowded will it be on Sunday? I might be willing to be a total zombie on Wednesday to avoid a big crowd like I had last year at MNSSHP.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

When would you go?

I want to go on the less crowded party night, which I’m assuming would be Tuesday. However, our flight leaves at 6:30 the next morning, so I’m thinking we may be extremely exhausted if we tried the party then.
How crowded will it be on Sunday? I might be willing to be a total zombie on Wednesday to avoid a big crowd like I had last year at MNSSHP.

Your flight leaves at 6:30AM? Or you'd need to leave for the ariport at 6:30AM? Either way, that's an early morning for you!

My opinion is any crowd difference between the two (if there is one) will just be shades of grey that would be really hard to distinguish one way or the other, so that leads me to think that I'd lean towards what works best in your schedule. So for you, that sounds like Sunday. If you do the Sunday party, then you'd have the Tuesday party as a possible backup in the unlikely event that Sunday were to be a total washout and/or experience unusually poor weather.

Good luck deciding!

When would you go?

We're going 10/1. I do believe a Tuesday will be less crowded, but I'm sure it's negligible. I would not want to go the night before my 6:30am flight...which means you're probably getting up at 3am?

I’m wondering if Dh and I should go tomorrow night. I haven’t looked at projected crowds or anything. We went to two parties last year so there aren’t a lot of must dos on our list this year. This is what we’d want to do:
-Winnie the Pooh m&g
-Trick or treating
-Fireworks (no dessert party)
-Try some special snacks

And that’s about it lol. Should we go last minute?

Anyone see much risk in an advanced sell out for either Oct 6th or 8th? I'd rather wait until a day or two prior to book since we have an option to do either one. I figure that would give us a chance to take a look at a much more concrete weather forecast.

New Poison Apple Mug & Glow Cube Spotted in Disney Springs at AristoCrepes
Purple Poison Apple Stein $9.80 & Purple Poison Apple Glow Cube $3.79

You must purchase a beverage to be able to buy a glow cube, but it can be a bottled water, soft drink, or an alcoholic slush. The glow cube is an additional $3.79 with beverage of your choice. There is a limit of one glow cube per beverage purchase. It even lights up! AristoCrepes opens at 4 PM on weekdays and 12 PM on weekends and is located in the Marketplace near Rainforest Cafe.

Thanks Chip & Company :thumbsup2

SPOTTED! New Purple Cauldron Popcorn Bucket, Poison Apple Stein, and MORE in Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Popcorn Carts: Purple Cauldron Popcorn Bucket $16, Purple Poison Apple Stein (face glows in the dark) $15

Feeding Ground in Discovery Island: Tire Tread Jack-o-Lantern Light-Up Pumpkin Straw (pumpkin face lights up) $4

Thanks DFB! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
They may have changed since we went last October, but when we went then, the party merchandise was in a roped off section and you had to show your band to get in to look at it. I would assume after the party started, those ropes were removed.

This is what they did with the Villains After Hours merchandise (at least during the time when regular park goers were also in the parks, I bought my shirt early and did not revisit after).

It also seemed, given that I went to one of the later events and they still had things in all sizes, that they were putting out a limited amount each night so the EBayers couldn't swoop in and buy everything out during the first few parties.

We're going 10/1. I do believe a Tuesday will be less crowded, but I'm sure it's negligible. I would not want to go the night before my 6:30am flight...which means you're probably getting up at 3am?

AKA not sleeping at all if it were me. :P

Anyone see much risk in an advanced sell out for either Oct 6th or 8th? I'd rather wait until a day or two prior to book since we have an option to do either one. I figure that would give us a chance to take a look at a much more concrete weather forecast.

Given the trend of sell outs (or lack thereof), I’d peg the risk as low. Don’t come yelling at me if I turn out to be wrong, but the trend for most party dates (other than 10/31) is that they won’t sell out, and if they do it’d be day of. Add that those dates are a Sun and Tuesday, I think you have some flexibility.

Nice! Looks like Disney has increased Magic Kingdom park hours so be sure to check your dates!
October 2, 5, 9, 16, 23, 28 Now closes at 10pm and on Oct 12 & 19 MK closes at 11pm

I only see Nov 2nd closing at 11pm. Woof! Makes for a long night!

LINK

Still trying to get one more party in, resort & tickets are good but flights, :scared:

New Poison Apple Mug & Glow Cube Spotted in Disney Springs at AristoCrepes
View attachment 437199
Purple Poison Apple Stein $9.80 & Purple Poison Apple Glow Cube $3.79

You must purchase a beverage to be able to buy a glow cube, but it can be a bottled water, soft drink, or an alcoholic slush. The glow cube is an additional $3.79 with beverage of your choice. There is a limit of one glow cube per beverage purchase. It even lights up! AristoCrepes opens at 4 PM on weekdays and 12 PM on weekends and is located in the Marketplace near Rainforest Cafe.

Thanks Chip & Company :thumbsup2
Had anyone seen this glow cube anywhere else? No plans to go to DS this trip, but need it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!