"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question are all the snacks and drinks at MNSSHP snack credits on the dinning plan?
Excited to go Oct 17 and 21
i believe all snacks are with the exception of the Lotso burger and hades nachos, and drinks with alcohol. I’ve seen posts that show the Constance cake with a dining plan icon next to it, and some with it blacked out.

Think I read this and want to confirm- Stitch meets at 6:30, so would 5:30 be best to line up? Or can we get away with a little later than that?

Huge Jack fan myself...you absolutely must watch from front of castle... because Jack Skellington is as incredible as seeing the Headless Horseman gallop down Main Street.
Thanks! I was thinking that and figured I would end up giving in and trying to find a better spot, so I guess I may as well plan for it! How close do we need to be to see Jack? I want to watch the 1st parade in Frontierland and then head towards the hub in front of either Casey's or Plaza. Preferably Plaza so we dont have to cross the hub to get to Tomorrowland after the show but with the crowd levels that have been reported lately, I'm not sure that will work! Any advice?

Advice for tonight's party needed, please. I promise I've been following this thread the whole time, but I am inexplicably overwhelmed trying to plan out my first MNSSHP lol.

Priorities are meeting Stitch and Lotso. Would also like to catch a parade (1st, if possible), fireworks, and Hocus Pocus show. Will ToT along the way. We were already at MK earlier today and got a lot of rides in, so those aren't too important to us tonight.

What would you experts recommend as a tentative schedule? We are planning to head to MK around 5:00 or so and would love any and all tips and advice you're willing to share. :thanks:

Back from our whirlwind surprise birthday trip! We went to the 9/20 party for our daughter’s 7th birthday. Had a blast and actually did a lot more than we thought we would, though it did feel somewhat crowded. We didn’t have park tickets, so we wanted to get a lot of rides in, not a big focus on character meets or trick-or-treating. We did end up skipping the Haunted Mansion because DD freaked out and started screaming in line, despite the fact that she’s ridden dozens of times and never been scared before. Oh, well. We ended up skipping the parade too because it would have been right after that and, in that state, she probably would have ended up screaming and trying to run from some of the parade segments as well. But we did catch some of it at a distance while waiting for fireworks, so I guess that’s something. Otherwise, we did everything on our must-do list and then some. Oh, also, people-watching was so much fun – loved all the creative costumes!

*Arrived 3:50pm via boat from WL (WCC for late lunch), walked straight in, had wristbands on and entering park at 3:53pm.

*Went straight to our Tinkerbell FP (3:10-4:10pm). Observed all the people sitting on the floor waiting for Jack and Sally while we were in that room. Met Tink at 4:08pm, then tried to follow our plan to do standby for Mickey and Minnie (daughter’s birthday, so HAD to meet them in birthday party attire), but the standby jumped from I think 20 to 45 minutes while we were in with Tink, so we decided to check later and went to the bypass instead.

*After bypass, stopped for the PhotoPass with the aerial view of you in the MK (4:28). Only two people in line before us. Then started heading to our other two FP: Splash and Thunder.

*On the way, no wait for the Magic Carpets, so took a quick spin.

*Knocked out our Splash and BTMRR FP back-to-back (4:10-5:10 and 5:10-6:10 – we were done with Splash about 5:20).

*Started making our way back towards M&M because the wait seemed to be declining from the 75 minutes it had been at. Spotted Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps up on the train station platform (a little before 6pm).

*Got in line for M&M shortly after that and met them at 6:25pm – not so bad a wait! I used the time in line to multi-task and start prepping our daughter’s hair to be Dizzy from the Descendants for her costume (we hadn’t changed yet because she wanted to wear her Happy Birthday dress to meet M&M).

*Stopped into a restroom to change DD into her costume/dress on the way to Tomorrowland. Stopped for a quick Halloween Party sign PhotoPass in that area after she changed, 6:46).

*Made it to Space Mountain around 6:50, based on some advice about shorter lines I’d seen here. Confirmed with a CM that it was already in overlay mode. Still a fair line, but it moved fast and we were out of the ride by 7:15pm. Very cool in the pitch black!

*Wanted to do the Peoplemover, but it was down for technical difficulties, so we did Buzz instead, since it was basically a walk-on. Came out of Buzz and Peoplemover was running, so enjoyed a spin on that around 7:30pm. We did see the Elvis Stitch line was pretty long – we would have liked to do that, but didn’t want to spare the time.

*Went through the Laugh Floor around 7:50pm, got a few treats and stopped to watch the show for a few minutes. (We never specifically did a trick-or-treat trail, but there were a lot of attractions giving out candy after, so we got plenty).

*Entered Cosmic Rays at 8pm. Daughter is a HUGE Descendants fan and we managed to keep this party a secret from her. Also, good place to eat dinner. I brought her over to the dance party while DH got us some food. She got some good dancing in before we grabbed a table within view and ate dinner. For those like me that were trying to figure out what this party would be like, I’d say it’s a fairly typical Disney-style dance party, but Descendants themed. They had a DJ and dance leader CMs that were all fantastic and really made the party, in our opinion. They had some screens up front that showed occasional clips of the Descendants characters, sometimes interactive, sometimes just background movie clips. There was a mix of Descendants and other non-Descendants songs. Personally, I wish they just stuck to Descendants songs because there are so many good ones and that’s what the fans want to hear. But it was still fun. No Descendants characters roaming, BUT since this is the Halloween Party, all the fans dressed as their favorite characters gathered here, so our daughter (dressed as Dizzy) was out there dancing with Evie and Mal and Uma, etc. – she loved that! It seemed like the crowd got bigger and bigger as the time went on. Around 8:40, I believe, they took a break and said the show would start again at 9pm, so I guess they cycle on and off. We peeked in during the break and saw kids hula-hooping. I don’t have the best videos, but will add a couple to the end of this post. Daughter enjoyed this event quite a bit, but was ready for more rides after dinner.

*We headed out of Cosmic Rays around 8:40 (oh, I had the Lotso burger, which was pretty good). Our daughter tried unsuccessfully to pull the sword from the stone, then we spotted the stepsisters out and about. Since Dizzy is Drizella’s daughter, we joined the crowd following her around. That crowd contained several other kids dressed as Descendants characters and they all instantly bonded and the stepsisters made them all come up together for pictures. Also, do the Disney villians all deny the existence of their Descendants kids? Drizella did and when we mentioned Evie to the Evil Queen the prior night at Artist Point, well, she wouldn’t give that idea the time of day.

*After a bathroom break, headed into Pirates about 9:10-9:15. Loved the live-action pirates, in both the ride and the queue. Nice addition, they should always have that.

*About 9:45pm, we headed over to the lawn in front of Casey’s, based on the tips here about that being a good viewing spot. Took the PhotoPass in that area and asked the photographer if it was open for fireworks viewing and she said yes. We grabbed a front-row spot next to another family and waited it out, eating candy. Stood for the show and had a really nice view, since they leave open a walkway in front of the rail, so no heads right in front of you. Able to see Jack and projections quite well.

*Then we tried to do HM and DD lost her mind, as referenced earlier. We changed our plans and ended up on walk-on It’s a Small World (hadn’t planned to ride it at all, but it calmed DD down, thankfully). Took a quick restroom stop just after 11 and got the magic mirror PhotoPass shots nearby. Also, had passed by the lantern magic shot, but line was very long.

*Then we did a Fantasyland riding spree, walking onto Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, Teacups, and Pooh. Also did the Disney Junior dance party in the middle of that (fun, only a few kids with 3 characters on the dance floor). We met Goofy outside of the Barnstormer as well, with only 1 family in line (11:38).

*11:55 we got in line for 7DMT. 35 minute wait posted, but actually about 30 in reality.

*DD tried her luck with the sword again, but nope. Took a few pictures in front of the castle. Stopped at a Main Street Photopass and got several magic shots in one go (12:49 – dancing ghosts, cauldron, flaming pumpkin).

*We were staying at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista by Disney Springs. Their bus did not run after the party and we didn’t see any DS buses running either. Ended up taking the ferry to the TTC and then a cab back. All of our feet hurt by then. It was a great night! DD had a blast and got endless compliments on her costume and an all-around fun time was had by all. Glad we did this crazy trip!

Birthday Fun:
m and m - 1.jpg

Meeting Drizella:
dizzy drizella - 1.jpg

Tired but happy at the end of the night:
with doll - 1.jpg

My little Dizzy enjoying the DescenDance party

And the view while we ate:

Back from our whirlwind surprise birthday trip! We went to the 9/20 party for our daughter’s 7th birthday. Had a blast and actually did a lot more than we thought we would, though it did feel somewhat crowded. We didn’t have park tickets, so we wanted to get a lot of rides in, not a big focus on character meets or trick-or-treating. We did end up skipping the Haunted Mansion because DD freaked out and started screaming in line, despite the fact that she’s ridden dozens of times and never been scared before. Oh, well. We ended up skipping the parade too because it would have been right after that and, in that state, she probably would have ended up screaming and trying to run from some of the parade segments as well. But we did catch some of it at a distance while waiting for fireworks, so I guess that’s something. Otherwise, we did everything on our must-do list and then some. Oh, also, people-watching was so much fun – loved all the creative costumes!

*Arrived 3:50pm via boat from WL (WCC for late lunch), walked straight in, had wristbands on and entering park at 3:53pm.

*Went straight to our Tinkerbell FP (3:10-4:10pm). Observed all the people sitting on the floor waiting for Jack and Sally while we were in that room. Met Tink at 4:08pm, then tried to follow our plan to do standby for Mickey and Minnie (daughter’s birthday, so HAD to meet them in birthday party attire), but the standby jumped from I think 20 to 45 minutes while we were in with Tink, so we decided to check later and went to the bypass instead.

*After bypass, stopped for the PhotoPass with the aerial view of you in the MK (4:28). Only two people in line before us. Then started heading to our other two FP: Splash and Thunder.

*On the way, no wait for the Magic Carpets, so took a quick spin.

*Knocked out our Splash and BTMRR FP back-to-back (4:10-5:10 and 5:10-6:10 – we were done with Splash about 5:20).

*Started making our way back towards M&M because the wait seemed to be declining from the 75 minutes it had been at. Spotted Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps up on the train station platform (a little before 6pm).

*Got in line for M&M shortly after that and met them at 6:25pm – not so bad a wait! I used the time in line to multi-task and start prepping our daughter’s hair to be Dizzy from the Descendants for her costume (we hadn’t changed yet because she wanted to wear her Happy Birthday dress to meet M&M).

*Stopped into a restroom to change DD into her costume/dress on the way to Tomorrowland. Stopped for a quick Halloween Party sign PhotoPass in that area after she changed, 6:46).

*Made it to Space Mountain around 6:50, based on some advice about shorter lines I’d seen here. Confirmed with a CM that it was already in overlay mode. Still a fair line, but it moved fast and we were out of the ride by 7:15pm. Very cool in the pitch black!

*Wanted to do the Peoplemover, but it was down for technical difficulties, so we did Buzz instead, since it was basically a walk-on. Came out of Buzz and Peoplemover was running, so enjoyed a spin on that around 7:30pm. We did see the Elvis Stitch line was pretty long – we would have liked to do that, but didn’t want to spare the time.

*Went through the Laugh Floor around 7:50pm, got a few treats and stopped to watch the show for a few minutes. (We never specifically did a trick-or-treat trail, but there were a lot of attractions giving out candy after, so we got plenty).

*Entered Cosmic Rays at 8pm. Daughter is a HUGE Descendants fan and we managed to keep this party a secret from her. Also, good place to eat dinner. I brought her over to the dance party while DH got us some food. She got some good dancing in before we grabbed a table within view and ate dinner. For those like me that were trying to figure out what this party would be like, I’d say it’s a fairly typical Disney-style dance party, but Descendants themed. They had a DJ and dance leader CMs that were all fantastic and really made the party, in our opinion. They had some screens up front that showed occasional clips of the Descendants characters, sometimes interactive, sometimes just background movie clips. There was a mix of Descendants and other non-Descendants songs. Personally, I wish they just stuck to Descendants songs because there are so many good ones and that’s what the fans want to hear. But it was still fun. No Descendants characters roaming, BUT since this is the Halloween Party, all the fans dressed as their favorite characters gathered here, so our daughter (dressed as Dizzy) was out there dancing with Evie and Mal and Uma, etc. – she loved that! It seemed like the crowd got bigger and bigger as the time went on. Around 8:40, I believe, they took a break and said the show would start again at 9pm, so I guess they cycle on and off. We peeked in during the break and saw kids hula-hooping. I don’t have the best videos, but will add a couple to the end of this post. Daughter enjoyed this event quite a bit, but was ready for more rides after dinner.

*We headed out of Cosmic Rays around 8:40 (oh, I had the Lotso burger, which was pretty good). Our daughter tried unsuccessfully to pull the sword from the stone, then we spotted the stepsisters out and about. Since Dizzy is Drizella’s daughter, we joined the crowd following her around. That crowd contained several other kids dressed as Descendants characters and they all instantly bonded and the stepsisters made them all come up together for pictures. Also, do the Disney villians all deny the existence of their Descendants kids? Drizella did and when we mentioned Evie to the Evil Queen the prior night at Artist Point, well, she wouldn’t give that idea the time of day.

*After a bathroom break, headed into Pirates about 9:10-9:15. Loved the live-action pirates, in both the ride and the queue. Nice addition, they should always have that.

*About 9:45pm, we headed over to the lawn in front of Casey’s, based on the tips here about that being a good viewing spot. Took the PhotoPass in that area and asked the photographer if it was open for fireworks viewing and she said yes. We grabbed a front-row spot next to another family and waited it out, eating candy. Stood for the show and had a really nice view, since they leave open a walkway in front of the rail, so no heads right in front of you. Able to see Jack and projections quite well.

*Then we tried to do HM and DD lost her mind, as referenced earlier. We changed our plans and ended up on walk-on It’s a Small World (hadn’t planned to ride it at all, but it calmed DD down, thankfully). Took a quick restroom stop just after 11 and got the magic mirror PhotoPass shots nearby. Also, had passed by the lantern magic shot, but line was very long.

*Then we did a Fantasyland riding spree, walking onto Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, Teacups, and Pooh. Also did the Disney Junior dance party in the middle of that (fun, only a few kids with 3 characters on the dance floor). We met Goofy outside of the Barnstormer as well, with only 1 family in line (11:38).

*11:55 we got in line for 7DMT. 35 minute wait posted, but actually about 30 in reality.

*DD tried her luck with the sword again, but nope. Took a few pictures in front of the castle. Stopped at a Main Street Photopass and got several magic shots in one go (12:49 – dancing ghosts, cauldron, flaming pumpkin).

*We were staying at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista by Disney Springs. Their bus did not run after the party and we didn’t see any DS buses running either. Ended up taking the ferry to the TTC and then a cab back. All of our feet hurt by then. It was a great night! DD had a blast and got endless compliments on her costume and an all-around fun time was had by all. Glad we did this crazy trip!

Birthday Fun:
View attachment 437970

Meeting Drizella:
View attachment 437971

Tired but happy at the end of the night:
View attachment 437973

My little Dizzy enjoying the DescenDance party

And the view while we ate:
Would you mind sharing where we should go to get this photo?

Almost have my trip report done. I’ve been asleep most of the day! Looks like tonight’s party is getting ready to launch so my late post probably won’t help tonight’s party peeps. 👻

Just FYI you can get in at 4:00 but - be at the gate at 3:45 pm. They opened the gates for the party at 3:45 pm on the dot both dates we went this week.

Attended Friday night's party (9/20). We had such a great time! Here is what we were able to get done:

We arrived at the gate around 3:30 and were let in at 3:45.

4:00-Skipper's Canteen-We skipped the bypass in hopes of getting seated without a reservation. We were seated immediately. This has become one of our favorite places!:cloud9:
5:10-Pirates with FP (standby only 10 min)
5:45-BTMR with FP
Walked back to the bypass to get our starter bags. Would not give them at the Pirates location since we already had bands. No biggie.
6:15-Buzz-10 min
6:35-Space/Speedway-20/10 min
6:50-Splash Mtn-walk on
7:15-HM-20 min

We then ToT'd a ton until ready to find a spot for the 1st parade. We found a great front row spot on main street at 8:50. We took a risk trying but it paid off! Love the parade!!

Went to the garden plaza in front of Casey's to wait for fireworks and found a spot at the back rail. I actually thought the new show was super cute!!

We ToT'd 3-4 more stops and headed out. We were super tired from traveling all day and had done pretty much everything on our list.

Bus was waiting when we got there. Could not have asked for better.

This was probably our best party to date. There were tons of people in the main areas but not too crowded and the wait times for rides were great. ToT stops had some lines but moved quickly. I would say the longest one took was 5 minutes or so.

If you have any specific questions, let me know!

9/17 was probably sold out.
We got stuck in the Liberty Square debacle during the first parade - it was like the hub after fireworks. I’ve always been able to take the back way from Frontierland to Liberty Square. Not this time.

Last year we were at the Tuesday 9/25/2018 party. We did Disney all the time but hadn’t been in 10 years. This was my first time after getting sick (I have fibromyalgia) and we were in Orlando for 2 nights. I wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom but couldn’t do all day, so we went to the party. I had no idea how the new FP system worked and the trip was very last minute. It was terrible busy and the only thing I could do was keep avoiding rides with long waits. Turns out Microsoft had a conference. On the flight home I sat next to a college CM on the plane and she said it was a sold out party. It was ridiculously exhausting but we made the most of it, we also flew in same day.

What we did during the 9/25/18 party
at castle hub at 5 pm
first churro in 10 years!!
Swiss Robinson treehouse (no wait)
Pirates (20 min wait)
Jungle Cruise (20 min wait right before 6)
Haunted Mansion (15 min, no wait)
Little Mermaid (10 min, no wait)
dinner at Cosmic Ray’s 6:30
Tomorrowland speedway (15 min wait)
Buzz Lightyear (5 min, no wait)
People mover (no wait)
First parade in Frontierland
Big Thunder (15 min wait, right after parade)
Watched fireworks via Liberty Square bridge
Peter Pan (25 min wait)
Haunted Mansion (10 min wait)
Seven Dwarves Mine Train (20 min wait after 11:30 pm)
Winnie the Pooh (no wait, 5 min. before close)

Tues 9/17/19 vs Tues 9/25/18
It felt a lot like last year’s party, but different. In this post someone said they were at the 9/25/18 party and it wasn’t that crowded. So it depends where you are and timing. Last year we snagged a spot 15 min. before first parade in Frontierland - easy peasy. This year we were skipping both parades but got stuck in the terrible crowd during the first parade and lost a lot of time and energy.

So for this year I tried to be ready for a sold out party. It went well except for that mistake during the first parade. Our only goal was to ride the rides, eat food and do a little trick or treating.

What we did during the 9/17/19 party
We had three FP’s: Jungle Cruise 3:30-4:30, Pirates 4:30-5:30 and Haunted Mansion 5:30-6:00. We also took advantage of 3:45 pm entry, flew in the day before. You can get in at 4 pm - they open the gates at 3:45 pm. We are a couple, so just the two of us.

Grabbed a churro
Riverboat 4:00 pm off boat at 4:19
Jungle Cruise 4:30 FP
Tiki Room 4:54 (last show at 5:00)
Pirates 5:15 FP
Haunted Mansion FP 5:56 (didn’t need it)
Treehouse 6:15
TOT Jungle Cruise
At 6:30 we went to Tomorrowland via castle hub. Took pics outside castle on Tomorrowland bridge.
Cosmic Rays for dinner 6:40 (6:54 ordered) very busy - it took an hour to order, find a table, eat, etc.
TOT Cosmic Ray’s
TOT Carrousel of Progress
People Mover 8:05 (5 min wait)
People Mover (again, because lol)
Left Tomorrowland back to Adventureland via castle hub. The 8:30 pm Hocus Pocus was showing, a bit crowded but could walk through without issue.
Treehouse (again haha) bonus: we saw the HP finale fireworks from treehouse
Pirates was too busy, would return later
Big Thunder 9:10 (9 min wait, right before parade)
Splash was a 5 min wait during parade but we didn’t want to get wet - we made the big mistake of trying to get to Haunted Mansion during parade!
** lost time stuck in Liberty Square area with massive crowd, almost gridlock!**
grabbed popcorn at Frontierland cart, after crowd dispersed (few min wait)
TOT at Country Bear Jamboree (it’s a trick not a treat! hidden long line inside)
Treehouse - just in time for fireworks (you can see some of the projections but big fireworks blocked by tree)
Pirates 10:33 pm
Haunted Mansion (15 min wait)
Little Mermaid 11:25
Mine Train 11:40
Peter Pan 11:55

What we did during the 9/20 party
We had three FP’s: Space Mountain 3:30-4:30, 7DMT 4:30-5:30, Peter Pan 5:30-6:00 (but I let PP go and picked up Big Thunder instead.) We entered at 3:45 pm.

Space Mountain FP
Carrousel of Progress
7DMT FP
Hall of Presidents
Liberty Tree Tavern walk in - table 50 min wait for 2. They took my number to text when table was ready so we didn’t have to stay and wait.
Big Thunder FP
Haunted Mansion (abandoned!) table ready text just before boarding, near exit
dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern 6:30 pm
service seemed slow, just under 1.5 hour to eat. Left at 7:50
Haunted Mansion (10 min wait, posted 25 min)
hung out in Adventureland
TOT at Jungle Cruise
Treehouse
Pirates and TOT after 9 pm
TOT at Jungle Cruise
Long wait for Churro (cart by hub) *I should have grabbed one earlier*
Watched fireworks by 7DMT
Tomorrowland Speedway (10:30 pm, 10 min wait)
Space Mountain 10:50 pm (15 min wait)
People Mover (no wait)
Buzz Lightyear (no wait)
11:30 pm exit via Tomorrowland Terrace, brief Main Street then stores (during 11:15 parade, could not cross street)
**We walked by Cruella viewing area while leaving, and it didn’t look like a great place to watch the parade at all, with all of us walking on the sidewalk to leave while the 2nd parade was passing.**

Tues 9/17/19 vs Friday 9/20/19
Friday was much less crowded than Tuesday. The weather was fantastic - 77 degrees with a breeze, we couldn’t stop grinning. We had an early flight next day and planned on leaving early but the weather was so great and the crowds less so we stayed until 11:30 pm LOL. It looked like the character lines in Adventureland were short around 9 pm. We only went for rides, TOT and the atmosphere. We needed a break so we opted for sit down dinner during the party since Cosmic Ray’s took an hour on Tuesday anyway. Except for the churro, we ended up not getting any special foods because we were stuffed. Ending the night in Tomorrowland was a great choice.

Tips for party:
  • Expect crowds and be prepared
  • Use FP and/or hit popular rides after 10 pm, during parade or fireworks. Space hits 20 min wait after 11 pm. Splash sits at 5 min by first parade. 7DMT hits 20 min. after 11:30 pm.
  • The Tiki Room‘s last show is at 5 pm.
  • Liberty Square Riverboat last sailing is just before 6 pm.
  • Hall of Presidents last show was 6 pm.
  • Hop on Jungle Cruise right before 6 pm for shorter wait, without FP.
  • The treehouse is open at night and you’ll have it pretty much to yourself!
  • If you’re not watching the parade, get to where you want to be before and stay until it passes. If you’re experiencing crowds, don’t try to cut through Liberty Square or castle hub during first parade or fireworks. Just sit and rest for 15 min. if you have to. Don’t get in that crowd!
  • Frontierland is a good spot to watch the parade
  • Choose what you want to do, you can’t do it all. We average 12-13 rides with dinner during party, some TOT, breaks and picture taking. We don’t do special pictures so can’t advise on that.
  • at sunset you can get a beautiful picture with the castle on the bridge to Tomorrowland, not many people either
  • Use the MK app for wait times.
  • Haunted Mansion 15 min wait = no wait, if it is 25 min it is about 10 min. wait (it was for us, anyway)
  • 20 min wait for Space and 7DMT = about 15 min.
  • You can watch the fireworks projections on the bridge between Liberty Square and the castle but you won’t see the big fireworks or Jack
  • To see just the big fireworks (no music) stand by 7DMT by teacups. Perfect view and no people. You won’t see castle projections here.
  • To do the most during the party - eat before you go. I needed a rest break anyway, so we ate during party.
  • To avoid a lot of the crowd, leave via Tomorrowland Terrace and cut through Main Street stores. The bypass was closed after 11:30 pm
  • If a ride has super long wait, pick something else and try to come back later

Most of all, have fun and enjoy the party! Stay hydrated and take breaks when you need to and enjoy the atmosphere. With fibromyalgia and Florida heat, I simply can't do a park all day and night. We went for 5 nights and did MNSSHP 2 nights, Universal Horror Nights 2 nights, and we slept in every day and went to parks around 3:00 pm.

Liquid IV
Not park related but… If you have time to grab some, I highly recommend looking into Liquid IV. I use it so much and it really helped me manage theme parks with fibromyalgia this trip. I drank 2-3 a day. My husband drank 1-2 daily. You add it to a bottle of water. We prefer the lemon lime flavor, but it also comes in Acai and passion fruit. You can get it on Amazon, at Costco (passion fruit only) and I believe they carry it in more stores just look on their website.

Hope all this helps someone!

Last edited:
Advice for tonight's party needed, please. I promise I've been following this thread the whole time, but I am inexplicably overwhelmed trying to plan out my first MNSSHP lol.

Priorities are meeting Stitch and Lotso. Would also like to catch a parade (1st, if possible), fireworks, and Hocus Pocus show. Will ToT along the way. We were already at MK earlier today and got a lot of rides in, so those aren't too important to us tonight.

What would you experts recommend as a tentative schedule? We are planning to head to MK around 5:00 or so and would love any and all tips and advice you're willing to share. :thanks:
Wish I could give you advice for characters. I'm assuming that Stitch and Lotso are in Tomorrowland, so maybe hit them early or ask cast member how late they will be out. Tomorrowland seems to clear out late in the evening. While everyone is in the hub, Main Street or Liberty Square.

I would snag a spot for first parade in Frontierland by the start of parade route, then you can at least go to Adventureland fairly easily after it passes and do trick or treating. You can always go up to the CMs with gold coins through gift shop if Pirates is too busy to ride. I've never watched Hocus Pocus so can't comment on that. The first show seemed less busy - when we walked past it to get to Adventureland.

Is it possible to pull another FP after 5 on a party night? We have HM for 4:30-5:30. If we are done by 5-is there any chance that I will be able to find a 4th FP or does Disney stop all FP to start transitioning from day to party guests? Our last trip FP was available until 30 minutes before close on a normal day so that would be 5:30 on a party night but I'm not sure if the same rules apply

Thanks! I guess what I am wondering is--has anyone successfully pulled an additional FP from 5:30-6? With our current FP times we wont be off HM until after 5 which is within the hour of park close so I am wondering when Disney actually shuts down the FP times. In May, it was 30 minutes prior to park close in AK and EP but Im not sure how a party night at MK works.

Has anyone pulled a 4th FP after 5 on a party night this year?

The above reports show low crowds from 5-6 which would be amazing! But I want a solid plan in case we are not so lucky!

Totally off topic but I am also wondering Gaston's has cinnamon rolls throughout the party or when they stop serving. I NEED my fix!! lol

It’s possible to still “pull” FPs past 5pm after you use your others, but selection is going to be very limited. I did some refreshing around 5:15pm today just to see, see the screen shots below - as usual availability would bounce around with every few clicks. I was searching for 2 guests, FYI. Not sure if there is a point where refreshing will not work, may be 5:30pm but I’m not sure about that.

Of course YMMV based on any given evening and any given time.

In your situation, as soon as you tap at HM, pull up the app and start refreshing to see what comes up. Don’t wait until you’re done with the ride, if you can.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• CCE58DEE-B3A1-43F6-8AEE-03FA6F78E871.jpeg
    CCE58DEE-B3A1-43F6-8AEE-03FA6F78E871.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 26
  • EC6242AE-C327-479A-A35F-D48F32FB2976.jpeg
    EC6242AE-C327-479A-A35F-D48F32FB2976.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 245E293A-C16D-494C-8D80-0852DA0E82BF.jpeg
    245E293A-C16D-494C-8D80-0852DA0E82BF.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 24
Eek! I’m following the thread tonight since we will be there next Sunday, 9/29. Hopefully this will not be the norm! Have fun!
Eek! I’m following the thread tonight since we will be there next Sunday, 9/29. Hopefully this will not be the norm! Have fun!
We're there next Sunday as well. This is making me nervous. I wonder if there is something special going on tonight that makes this sell out unique??? Fingers Crossed. Enjoy your trip!

I am here tonight and it is extremely crowded compared to the party Friday. Seems like this event is getting more popular by the year. I cannot imagine what the crowds will be like in the coming month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!