"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say yet, since nothing official has been announced, but I think we all hope they keep (or improve? I'm not hating on SM, I'll ride it any way it's served up, but I am looking at you PoC) the overlays from last year and add the rumored ride overlays. I think it would be a smart move for Disney to offer more party-exclusive options.

Yeah, like more Villains with designated meet & greet locations, like her > :maleficen

Yeah, like more Villains with designated meet & greet locations, like her > :maleficen

Agreed. They are missing the presence of the villains. There are still plenty of locations in MK to stick them, too. My one thing is it would have to be more organized than the Villain Meet and Mingles that were after the old MNSSHP show. Those lines were a chaotic mess. They did have :maleficen line pretty well organized but if you wanted to meet her you pretty much had to watch several of the shows.

If you were at WDW on Halloween but not doing MNSSHP, what would you do?

All of the resorts have halloween dressed characters meets and usually have all sorts of activities, parties, and some trick or treating.
ALso, Return to Sleepy Hollow - we really enjoyed this last year.

Exactly what @sherlockmiles said! We have a yearly tradition of meeting characters at the resorts and ending the night watching Hallowishes from the Poly

OK, so I understand that generally Sunday beats Friday and Tuesday beats Sunday but...

Sunday 10/27 or Tuesday 10/29?

would Sunday 10/27 be better because 10/29 is closer to 10/31 which will sell out?

Also, we went to a DL Halloween party a few years ago and ended up needing extra bags as the little treat bags were filled by the time we left the pre-party at Toontown. Is that similar for WDW? I was thinking maybe we just bring a backpack to stick treats in instead of the little treat bags. We will probably do a mix of trick or treating and party events with a ride or two if the waits are short.

OK, so I understand that generally Sunday beats Friday and Tuesday beats Sunday but...

Sunday 10/27 or Tuesday 10/29?

would Sunday 10/27 be better because 10/29 is closer to 10/31 which will sell out?

Also, we went to a DL Halloween party a few years ago and ended up needing extra bags as the little treat bags were filled by the time we left the pre-party at Toontown. Is that similar for WDW? I was thinking maybe we just bring a backpack to stick treats in instead of the little treat bags. We will probably do a mix of trick or treating and party events with a ride or two if the waits are short.
I brought a cute tote that I found at the Target dollar spot last year for our treats at MNSSHP in 2018. Dh and I just combined our treats and he carried the bag. We just asked that both of our treats be combined to that one bag during our ToT last year. A back pack would be great to periodically dump your treats into when your bag got fullish.

I'm not sure whether this has been answered earlier in the thread but what, typically, are the treats?

Are the allergy treats the kind of thing where there is one option that is top 8 allergen free or are there multiple options depending upon what the allergy is?

Thanks!
You go around and collect coins. Some years the coins trade in for a one to one exchange. Also many times the people out front have coins and don’t make you wait in line for the coin. It depends. It seems like they finally got it figured out last year. For any amount of coins they would give you a filled bag of allergy treats. You tell them what works for you from a menu. I hope they keep it that way this year.

Waiting impatiently for details on this year's MNSSHP and the 2019 Food and Wine festival. My first for both! How soon does Disney release maps for MNSSHP showing candy stations and character meets?? Will I need to wait and see what bloggers post after the first party to see details of special treats, new overlays. etc?

Waiting impatiently for details on this year's MNSSHP and the 2019 Food and Wine festival. My first for both! How soon does Disney release maps for MNSSHP showing candy stations and character meets?? Will I need to wait and see what bloggers post after the first party to see details of special treats, new overlays. etc?

Disney will release some info on special treats for the parties and the ride overlays closer to the first parties. The characters themselves usually have rumors leak in the week or so leading up to the first party but aren’t confirmed until the first party

I went to the first party last year.

Someone posted that they got a map outside the Magic Kingdom on the morning of the first party. Maps were not available before then. I think it was at the ticket window. I was already inside the Magic Kingdom at that time. I asked at the Guest Relations in Liberty Square that morning, but they didn't have maps yet. I was able to get a map there in the early afternoon.

The map shows where characters will meet, but does not tell you which characters will be in which locations. You need to wait for people to report back.

Candy stations are sort of marked on the maps, but not with great specificity. I remember knowing the approximate location of where they would be, but not the exact location.

Here is last year's map, so you can see what I'm talking about:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-map.htm

The person in charge of this thread did a great job of updating the first page after people started reporting back.

If I recall correctly, there were no details of the overlays until people had observed them at the first party. I knew there would be an overlay of some sort at Pirates of the Caribbean, for example, but I did not know what it was until I went on the ride.

As for Food & Wine - you get a lot more details about that in advance. I think you will find online exactly what food will be served at each location. Also, the brochures at the front of the park will give you that information as well.

I'm not sure whether this has been answered earlier in the thread but what, typically, are the treats?

Are the allergy treats the kind of thing where there is one option that is top 8 allergen free or are there multiple options depending upon what the allergy is?

Thanks!
Some of the 'regular' candy is safe depending what your allergies are. ie. we got skittles etc. As for the allergy offerings, yes it's mostly top 8. So, Enjoy Life, Surf Sweets, etc. There were also crafts, but we didn't end up with any of those. Here is a pic!

Attachments

• halloween candy.png
    halloween candy.png
    690.3 KB · Views: 44
Sorry if this has been addressed ad nauseum!
But do you need a park ticket in addition to a party ticket to attend the MNSSHP?

If we buy the hard ticket for this event (without having a regular park ticket), and show up at 4:00 pm, when park is still open to all guests, can we try to get a FP once we enter the gate? Or since we didn't buy a regular ticket, will it deny a FP selection?

Also, if we buy the hard ticket and decide not to go, can we get a refund or at least give them to someone to enjoy?

Also, if we buy the hard ticket and decide not to go, can we get a refund or at least give them to someone to enjoy?

Tickets are non-refundable. In an extreme situation (eg, a medical or travel emergency, unusually bad weather, etc), it’s worth calling guest relations to discuss options. Disney has a good track record of working with people. But ‘deciding not to go’ isn’t one of those situations, so I’d advise against purchasing party tickets unless you’re definitely going.

If you have a physical hard ticket, yes, you can give that to anyone to use. If you don’t have a hard ticket and you party tickets are, say, connected to your MDE account - those can freely be transfered to friends/family connnected to your account prior to use.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!