"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All - Haven't been to Disney since 2012 and I am headed down to MCO SEPT 22nd week to do a HP universal trip. MNSSHP is on the day sept 24th before our UO tickets start so I thought we might get a little Disney in by going to the party, main focus being rides, maybe 1 or 2 characters (pooh/crew and goofy), parade and fireworks too, a few questions.

Is it worth the party ticket to try and hit 10 rides, or should I suck it up and buy a full park day? I am figuring me and my little can hit up his list which DOES NOT include the overlay rides, pretty soundly if we plan to park it from 4p-12a. Do you find this to be true? Here is his list Buzz, people mover, Speedway, barnstorm, dumbo, pooh, 7dmt, pan, mansion, tmrr.

We have old Magic bands - once I buy our tickets should I link them to the band and book FP for the 4-7 time there 30 days out?

Would also love opinions on good but not prime wait forever Firework location,

Since I have no preference on 1st or 2nd parade and which Hocus Pocus show, which ones would you suggest to cut down on wait times (whether ride times, or camping out in viewing spot wait times?

Is it better to hit the rides later at night? Better to see pooh or goofy later at night? or just watch the shows?

we have 4 adults (who won't eat the candy) and only one kid so I am sure there will be plenty of candy with just a few treat trails.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Last edited:
Can DVC book Fast Passes for after 2?

A MNSSHP party ticket will technically allow FP booking all day long - the system isn’t smart enough to know when you technically have access to the park with that ticket that day. So, up to you to book FPs for when you can actually use them based on DVC blue card park 2pm park entry.

dessert party check in started at 8, we came in 10 minutes ago, no line.
We needed a break!! :crowded::hyper:
Tot lines much shorter in Frontierland at start. But all look long but move fairly quick.
We got I think all magic shots, no characters, lots of candy 🎃

Check-in, as in desserts out and everything? Plaza Garden I assume?

Starting to stress that we have done so little so far. The fun of these parties are long gone. Far too crowded. We got our fast passes done. Headed to HM and a couple of magic shots. Daughter insisted on Splash. Just spent an hour there. Decided to find a spot for the parade and here we sit. Hoping this will allow some late minute fun. Decided to stick back here for the fireworks too.

Starting to stress that we have done so little so far. The fun of these parties are long gone. Far too crowded. We got our fast passes done. Headed to HM and a couple of magic shots. Daughter insisted on Splash. Just spent an hour there. Decided to find a spot for the parade and here we sit. Hoping this will allow some late minute fun. Decided to stick back here for the fireworks too.
Sorry to hear this. I know how much you were looking forward to the party. Hope it gets better after the fireworks!

I'm also starting to think that getting a spot near the Hub where you can actually see the projections without binoculars isn't doable without a paid extra event, and may as well just get a good spot behind the castle in TO get a good view the fireworks at least-

Hello all! First trip tonight! Not sure if I'm more excited or the kids...Ha!

Getting in at 4:00pm.
Couple of fast passes till 5:45pm
Then plan on doing all the meet and greets and TOT's before 10pm and then doing the fireworks, parade, and show back to back to back.

Quick question. We finally decided on Jafar, Abu/Aladdin, Genie and Gravediggers as our meet and greets.

Any help is appreciated on the order I should attack these and what time to line up for the first one. Thanks so much!!
Couple things: The Gravediggers were the best thing we did this year. They were a great meet. But we had to stop by three times until we got it right. They do short sets and they don't meet during the parades. We came there a couple minutes before their last set (10:30-11:00) and that was perfect.

Aladdin and Abu also do not meet during the parades. So it is easier to get Jasmine and Genie - the line gets shorter during the parades. You can time Aladdin and Abu because they come out on the hour after the parade.

It feels like a normal night at the park with just more places to wait in line. Very disappointing.

I had a similar post mid-party at our party #1 in mid Sept last year. Those that followed things last year will recall “oversold” was the raging topic for weeks once the parties started. I sort of tossed all the reports aside as just people complaining, but then I found myself there on the ground that night totally bummed with how things were going. It was crowded. I zigged when everyone else did too. Everything was packed - even TOT lines. The flow just wasn’t there. Was the bloom off the MNSSHP for us? I left with more questions than answers.

Fast forward a few weeks after that and we had a great party night. It all just clicked in a way party #1 didn’t, party #1 just felt way more crowded.

So, long story to say your post reminded me of my feelings after party #1 last year. I hope your evening improves.

Hi All - Haven't been to Disney since 2012 and I am headed down to MCO SEPT 22nd week to do a HP universal trip. MNSSHP is on the day sept 24th before our UO tickets start so I thought we might get a little Disney in by going to the party, main focus being rides, maybe 1 or 2 characters (pooh/crew and goofy), parade and fireworks too, a few questions.

Is it worth the party ticket to try and hit 10 rides, or should I suck it up and buy a full park day? I am figuring me and my little can hit up his list which DOES NOT include the overlay rides, pretty soundly if we plan to park it from 4p-12a. Do you find this to be true? Here is his list Buzz, people mover, Speedway, barnstorm, dumbo, pooh, 7dmt, pan, mansion, tmrr.

We have old Magic bands - once I buy our tickets should I link them to the band and book FP for the 4-7 time there 30 days out?

Would also love opinions on good but not prime wait forever Firework location,

Since I have no preference on 1st or 2nd parade and which Hocus Pocus show, which ones would you suggest to cut down on wait times (whether ride times, or camping out in viewing spot wait times?

Is it better to hit the rides later at night? Better to see pooh or goofy later at night? or just watch the shows?

we have 4 adults (who won't eat the candy) and only one kid so I am sure there will be plenty of candy with just a few treat trails.

Thanks for any and all advice.
I think it's in your best interest to hold off making plans. There are a few more parties prior to yours and the information from them will be instrumental for planning.

Woof! I wonder if we're seeing impact from the unlimited pass.

Over crowded parties is not new. They've been this way for years. Some people luck out and get a party not so crowded and assume they're all not so crowded- until they get one that isn't. The pass will make it worse, but without them, they're still over sold.

It's rare that we attend them anymore, but we just booked today. We know up front it will be packed, but we want to see the show, fireworks and parade. That's it. We won't do character meets, will only ride HM, POC and Space, a couple of magic shots and do very little TOT because we don't need the candy- just enough to make my grandson happy. Adjusted expectations is the only way to walk out not frustrated and angry. I wish they were like they used to be, but they aren't.

Last edited:
I'm heading there with my family in late september, and decided we wanted to do the party. My children are in the spectrum, and we don't really need to do the headliner things, be at the front for the fireworks or for the show, although they do want to see the parade. It's how we did Magic Kingdom on our Last trip, during a regular Day, we'll see what we'll see and do what we can, and still have a magical Day.
Having said that, we won't mind riding the Barnstormer 5 times in a row, you know? And I wanted to ask expert MNSSHP goers if the Minor attractions have truly low wait times? And also if there are characters with 5 or 10 minute wait times, regardless of Who they are, because that's pushing the limits of what the Kids Will endure. It doesn't really matter which character, just that it's a short wait.
We'll be using DAS for the rest of the trip, and just take it easy during the party, but I still wanted to ask. Thanks!

Having said that, we won't mind riding the Barnstormer 5 times in a row, you know? And I wanted to ask expert MNSSHP goers if the Minor attractions have truly low wait times?

My kids are 9 and 5 and we’ve been going to MNSSHP the last 5 years, so I’ve spent more party time than I should admit on rides like Barnstormer, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, and (gasp!) IASW. My initial love/how we got hooked on MNSSHP was no to low ride wait times, plus the parade and fireworks and all.

While others may have different experiences, ours has been that those types of rides have mostly been walk ons or very short waits. You tend to hit some longer waits as you head up the ride scale to the mountains and such, plus things like the PoC overlay, and slow loaders like the Speedway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!