"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. This thread has jumped 30 pages on me! I have some reading up to do.
As I’ve mentioned in this thread before. I’m going to be lining up for the Dwarves - as they are a must for me on our Halloween night (Nov 1)
When I jumped on at 60 days prior, the only time I could get for 7DMT FP was 4:50-5:50. I am checking 3 times a day - but not luck in modifying to earlier yet. Doing 7DMT is also a must.
Of course I will try and modify to earlier until then (and particularly on the day), however, do you expect I will still get in the first wave if I check in for FP 5 min early and then go straight to Pete’s sideshow to line up after riding?
If nothing else - at least the walking is minimal and it’ll be a Dwarves themed hour and a half.

Also, is the MNSSHP Christmas ornament still available?

Hi everyone. This thread has jumped 30 pages on me! I have some reading up to do.
As I’ve mentioned in this thread before. I’m going to be lining up for the Dwarves - as they are a must for me on our Halloween night (Nov 1)
When I jumped on at 60 days prior, the only time I could get for 7DMT FP was 4:50-5:50. I am checking 3 times a day - but not luck in modifying to earlier yet. Doing 7DMT is also a must.
Of course I will try and modify to earlier until then (and particularly on the day), however, do you expect I will still get in the first wave if I check in for FP 5 min early and then go straight to Pete’s sideshow to line up after riding?
If nothing else - at least the walking is minimal and it’ll be a Dwarves themed hour and a half.

Also, is the MNSSHP Christmas ornament still available?
We were there on the 10th and they still had both ornaments at Big Top (MNSSHP and Hocus Pocus).

What do you mean, they moved Emporium's Halloween stuff to Big Top? When I was there both locations were stocked full to the brim.
Sorry should have clarified that a bit more: The pins used to be sold elsewhere in the park (I recall Frontierland specifically but I’m believing there were others as well) but they’ve pretty much consolidated the event merchandise (pins at least - they’re what I’m typically seeking out at the parties) to a couple of locations in the park now at the Emporium and Big Top.

Had no idea they had a special ornament for the party. Curious what everyone thinks the best pin is for the party? So far I got the Passholder and the Maleficent one. I wish there was something Haunted Mansion themed for a special party pin (I like Haunted Mansion everything). Will try to go Thursday 10/17 or Friday 10/18. Typically this would be a no-brainer with my 3rd shift typical nocturnal sleep schedule; however, lately I've been on that 1st shift sleep schedule. It feels odd. If you see me, just say "Hi!". I'll be lurking with my pale self somewhere.

10/17 is sold out. FYI.

Whenever that is the case, usually after an hour or so into the party as people leave, Guest Relations opens up tickets for more revenue and I've always been able to get one. With the party pass, I don't have to worry about that except on the 31st.

Just to document my Plaza Garden Dessert Party times.

- looked to check in when we arrived at the park just before 8pm, couldn’t check in that early

- checked in around 9:02pm, no line

- got a few bites to eat, there’s a restroom in the terrace which is very handy

- food was plentiful and the seating around was maybe only half to a little more than half full

- we wanted to chill in the garden for the first parade, moved over there 9:16pm

- I’ve posted about this in the past, but you are close to the parade from the western side of the garden, but it’s not a great view - too many people on the sidewalk between the garden and the street

Parade arrived here 9:36pm (which seemed kinda late??)

View attachment 428819

Those people right in front are outside the garden but sitting up on a railing. Last year they policed this area and wouldn’t let people sit there, but not this night.

Another parade pic from the garden location. Passable but not going to be prime viewing.

View attachment 428820

Since we were going to watch the second parade as our “real” parade, we left the garden 9:43pm and did some TOT trails in Tomorrowland, got some water, and a Joffreys iced coffee (was feeling the need for a little boost).

- We were back in the garden by 10:01pm to wait for fireworks. I mentioned earlier I thought the Plaza Garden crowd was very light. Had plenty of room even at that late timing and found probably the last 1-2 spots on the back rail, but plenty of good options all around. I could see the garden being more popular than this night as the season moves along and people look for ways to be in the Hub to watch this show, so my experience this night may not be repeatable, hard to say. But this night was just like my prior MNSSHP dessert parties - a pretty casual, no fuss affair that was definitely not close to capacity relative to a normal HEA night.

I think that covers the basics, let me know if you have any questions.

Did you get to watch hocus pocus from the spot

I’m going to be at WDW for my first solo trip next week, staying from the 25th to the 29th. I intended on getting a three day park hopper and a ticket to MNSSHP to use on my 4th day from 4 PM to park closing. I accidentally purchased a 4 day park hopper pass and had given up on the party event because of my mistake. The party is held on the Friday and Sunday of my trip and I’ve heard the Friday parties tend to be more crowded. Looking for some advice on whether or not I should just splurge and buy the ticket for the Sunday party. I’ve never been before. I don’t have any interest in the characters, parade or fireworks, to be honest. I really just want to be in the park at night for the event, see all the cool decorations, take some pictures and hopefully get on a bunch of rides with lesser wait times. I’m leaning towards doing it even though it will cost another $120. Just looking to hear people’s feedback on their experiences and how much they were able to do from 4 pm on. Thanks!

I’m going to be at WDW for my first solo trip next week, staying from the 25th to the 29th. I intended on getting a three day park hopper and a ticket to MNSSHP to use on my 4th day from 4 PM to park closing. I accidentally purchased a 4 day park hopper pass and had given up on the party event because of my mistake. The party is held on the Friday and Sunday of my trip and I’ve heard the Friday parties tend to be more crowded. Looking for some advice on whether or not I should just splurge and buy the ticket for the Sunday party. I’ve never been before. I don’t have any interest in the characters, parade or fireworks, to be honest. I really just want to be in the park at night for the event, see all the cool decorations, take some pictures and hopefully get on a bunch of rides with lesser wait times. I’m leaning towards doing it even though it will cost another $120. Just looking to hear people’s feedback on their experiences and how much they were able to do from 4 pm on. Thanks!

Probably won’t find too many folks on this thread that say don’t go to a MNSSHP. :-)

But I’d say do it - the parties are well-attended, but they can be a lot of fun. It’s a chance to see the MK in a new/different way. Most rides have lower waits.

At this point late party season, I wouldn’t worry too much about the Friday vs Sunday thing. They’re all just shades of grey to me. We were at last Friday’s party and had a great evening.

Some party dates have been selling out well in advance of the day of, which is different than recent years, so don’t wait too long if you do decide to go.

Have fun whatever you decide.

I prefer Disney at night honestly. So, with that, I always try to go to a night event. After 10pm it dies down and the crowds get less = less wait times for rides. If you want candy, I'd wait until after 10:30 to walk around and get candy because the lines can be long for candy before then. WDW parade, in my opinion, pales in comparison to Disneyland. I wish there was more focus on Halloween or Villains. Seeing people in costumes is really cool for me as well. It's just a matter of what you're into.

Probably won’t find too many folks on this thread that say don’t go to a MNSSHP. :-)

But I’d say do it - the parties are well-attended, but they can be a lot of fun. It’s a chance to see the MK in a new/different way. Most rides have lower waits.

At this point late party season, I wouldn’t worry too much about the Friday vs Sunday thing. They’re all just shades of grey to me. We were at last Friday’s party and had a great evening.

Some party dates have been selling out well in advance of the day of, which is different than recent years, so don’t wait too long if you do decide to go.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Thank you! I get into Orlando at 8 AM on Friday morning and was planning on going straight to Epcot for some food and wine fun. Thinking that could be a long day if I’m stacking that with the Halloween party but I might do it. 😊

Wow I can’t believe all the sold out parties, what is going on?

Total speculation and pot stirring on my part, but I personally think Disney adjusts the ticket count for various reasons and that they are sold out when Disney wants them to be sold out, if that makes sense. 8-)

It could be staffing / capacity related. It could be to create some ticket sale buzz. It could be to prevent a large walk-up crowd that they can’t plan for. It could be party pass related. It could be any of the above or none of the above. If only we knew!

It’s not like we haven’t seen this level of sold out nights before... you just have to go back to 2015 where 44% of the parties sold out that year, and 42% in 2014. 2016-2018 saw far fewer sell outs (and also large price increases). This year is proving more 2015-like.

Thank you! I get into Orlando at 8 AM on Friday morning and was planning on going straight to Epcot for some food and wine fun. Thinking that could be a long day if I’m stacking that with the Halloween party but I might do it. 😊
See you there Friday night

I prefer Disney at night honestly. So, with that, I always try to go to a night event. After 10pm it dies down and the crowds get less = less wait times for rides. If you want candy, I'd wait until after 10:30 to walk around and get candy because the lines can be long for candy before then. WDW parade, in my opinion, pales in comparison to Disneyland. I wish there was more focus on Halloween or Villains. Seeing people in costumes is really cool for me as well. It's just a matter of what you're into.

I love Disney at night. And I like candy haha. I know for me I’m mostly interested in just being there and enjoying the experience

Just decided not to do MNSSHP this year but did get the opportunity to add a day to the backend of our trip since I found a decent airfare, so I don't know if anyone else would agree, but I think that's better.

DisneyCraig523 ~ If you can swing it, do it! The atmosphere alone is worth seeing at least once. It really is like nothing else you will see/do on property. We booked our long weekend specifically to enjoy the Halloween party, and will be attending on the 27th and 29th. We'll be arriving at the MK at 3 and plan to enjoy every minute possible in the park. When you remember that the party will be crowded, have a reasonable game plan, and are flexible, you can have a really great time.

I love Disney at night. And I like candy haha. I know for me I’m mostly interested in just being there and enjoying the experience

Oh, forgot to mention, I'd do the Sunday one. I think the crowds are less, from my experience. I think you should definitely give it a try if you like it at night then. The fireworks are really cool I believe they are at 10:15 PM and be somewhere near the castle. I never wait in line for parades/shows. Usually I'm able to just walk somewhere and get a good view wherever it is when it starts. And typically catch the last parade, if you want, on the stairs of Guest Relations (great view by the way) or in the front or in front of Frontier Trading Post on the little stage-area-thing where I can sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!