"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also plan to attend one Halloween-party so I think I could split my must-do-characters over these two events.

Just note that characters are dressed for Halloween and then Christmas. You can check Post #1 of the MNSSHP and this thread for which characters have holiday attire and what that attire is. A few are the same as in the park and some are specific to each party. For instance, MNSSHP was Jack and Sandy & MVMCP was only Sandy Claws. Then last year MVMCP had both. Just food for thought. Happy planning!

Hi! So I’ve never been to MVMCP and need your help. I am considering getting tickets for the night we arrive in Disney November 14. The problem is we are only in Disney for a very short amount of time and if we did MVMCP that night, then that would be our only magic kingdom day. The other option is to instead go to magic kingdom during regular hours when the crowds are predicted to be a 3/10. So my question is, considering we have 1 day in MK and rides with low wait times are our top priority, which would you choose: MVMCP on Nov 14 or MK on a regular day when the crowds are predicted to be very low? I guess what I’m really trying to figure out is what are the lines for the rides like during this party? Also we have two kids ages 3 and 5 so I’m not convinced they will be able to hang out at a park until midnight so realistically if we did the party we would be there from about 5-10. Thanks in advance!

Hi! So I’ve never been to MVMCP and need your help. I am considering getting tickets for the night we arrive in Disney November 14. The problem is we are only in Disney for a very short amount of time and if we did MVMCP that night, then that would be our only magic kingdom day. The other option is to instead go to magic kingdom during regular hours when the crowds are predicted to be a 3/10. So my question is, considering we have 1 day in MK and rides with low wait times are our top priority, which would you choose: MVMCP on Nov 14 or MK on a regular day when the crowds are predicted to be very low? I guess what I’m really trying to figure out is what are the lines for the rides like during this party? Also we have two kids ages 3 and 5 so I’m not convinced they will be able to hang out at a park until midnight so realistically if we did the party we would be there from about 5-10. Thanks in advance!

For your situation (ages 3 and 5, rides a priority) I would choose just going during the day. I went at a similar time in November last year and did the park all day & the party the same night- it was a more relaxed atmosphere during the day for sure.

Just note that characters are dressed for Halloween and then Christmas. You can check Post #1 of the MNSSHP and this thread for which characters have holiday attire and what that attire is. A few are the same as in the park and some are specific to each party. For instance, MNSSHP was Jack and Sandy & MVMCP was only Sandy Claws. Then last year MVMCP had both. Just food for thought. Happy planning!
I know this, but there only are a few of big interest for me. I've already been on one Christmas Party - the last one of 2016 - and this time was enough for all my goals. But I have to say Jack (the movie is not so popular here) and Moana are no real interest for me, but for the Dwarfes as well as Pooh and his gang I have my game-plan.
If there were characters like the Muppets:love:, Meeko, Aristocats, Cheshire Cat or Flower and Thumper, oh yes than I would need at least two more parties ;-)

Question regarding Jack Skellington. I see on Post #1 that he starts meeting at 4:30pm. We are going to 12/1 party, and are only using MVMCP tickets for the day. If we are there for 4pm, how long of a line are we probably looking at for Jack? Would it be better to wait for later on during the party? Any chance there would be a FP for Jack (I know FP are only until 6pm). Sorry for all the questions!!

Question regarding Jack Skellington. I see on Post #1 that he starts meeting at 4:30pm. We are going to 12/1 party, and are only using MVMCP tickets for the day. If we are there for 4pm, how long of a line are we probably looking at for Jack? Would it be better to wait for later on during the party? Any chance there would be a FP for Jack (I know FP are only until 6pm). Sorry for all the questions!!
I would say probably 45-60 minutes at that time. You will have DVC members, AP holders, and regular MK ticket holders get in the line with MVMCP admission even earlier than that. I think your best bet is to start with Sandy Claws and Sally because the party doesn't "officially" start until 7pm so the time spent in this line isn't really wasting MVMCP time. You can get in another character line, do some FP+, or even eat dinner after meeting them before the actual party starts. Since this character meet and greet is special for the party, there is no FP+ distribution even prior to 6pm.

The MVMCP has been on our bucket list forever and we are going to do it this year with DD14 and DD9 coming down for a quick trip Nov 19-24. We are going to do one full day at MK on Nov 20 and then the party on the Nov 21. They want to see most of the main shows, fireworks and the parade but characters are a must. The little one wants to do 8 M&Gs - dwarfs, moana and the rest are princesses/Mary P.

Is this doable/how long are the waits? I understand that we will have to get in line early for the drawfs.
Will we have any time left to do rides? Are the waits for rides long?

I was also contemplating skipping the full day at the park and just doing the Friday party instead (only $100 total difference in my situation) but wasn't sure which would give us the best chances to get all our favourite rides in too (and of course FoF and HEA which we otherwise miss out on).

Any advice is greatly welcomed!

The MVMCP has been on our bucket list forever and we are going to do it this year with DD14 and DD9 coming down for a quick trip Nov 19-24. We are going to do one full day at MK on Nov 20 and then the party on the Nov 21. They want to see most of the main shows, fireworks and the parade but characters are a must. The little one wants to do 8 M&Gs - dwarfs, moana and the rest are princesses/Mary P.

Is this doable/how long are the waits? I understand that we will have to get in line early for the drawfs.

I was also contemplating skipping the full day at the park and just doing the Friday party instead (only $100 total difference in my situation) but wasn't sure which would give us the best chances to get all our favourite rides in too (and of course FoF and HEA which we otherwise miss out on).

Honestly, I think that the character meets that your little ones have picked would take up the vast majority of your party time and leave very little time for rides, if any. Have you considered meeting Mary at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and getting fastpasses to the princesses for your MK day? You can also try to get the headliner rides in with FP so you don’t feel as crunched for time the night of the party. Between the character meets, parade, and fireworks, I think you would likely be looking at rides such as Buzz, Under the Sea, etc. (i.e., B and C-level rides). I don’t think you would be able to watch more than maybe one of the shows, either. The wait times for rides are usually between 10-20 minutes for the “secondary” ones and between 30-60 minutes for headliners (7D, Space, etc.).

It's doable, but the year I did all of the characters, it took 2 parties. The ones you want to meet are musts for lots of people, especially the princesses since their princes are typically with them during the party. So no FP+, if used FP+ until park closing the princesses inside PFH wouldn't have the princes. Rides wouldn't be really doable if want those M&Gs, fireworks and parade.

Princesses, 2 separate lines @ PFH, line for Snow White and Aurora, then another line for Ariel and Prince Eric. 1st year Moana was at party, I was 1st in line @ 4pm and she came out @ 5:45. DH & DD rode rides while I waited. Last year, we were able to meet her with about 25 minute wait, can't remember time, but it was before the 1st parade.

7 Dwarfs, need to be 1st group(s) in line. After that, 2hr wait. Or take chance on towards end of party around 11-11:15pm (under 30 minutes if CM still let you enter line). Last year we got in line around 5:20, but with large groups and breaks, still 1hr plus wait. Through off plans.

I don't know if you are doing dining plan but if so you might want to do a meal at Askershus in Norway at EPCOT as you would meet several princesses without standing in a long line.

Thanks for the great advice. We are all about the characters every trip and have met the princesses many times. But because they have Princes or a Genie, it is a game changer for them :confused3 It sounds like we might have to choose between Moana and dwarfs - oh dear.

The Speedway holiday overlay sounds really cool. I wonder if that'll be available to regular guests on the 23-25th along with some of the other MVMCP offerings?

My daughter (4) and I are booked for 11/19. She can handle being up late - not worried there. My question is, would Tony’s be worth the extra money to not have to wait out a good parade spot? Or since this is estimated to be one of the ‘slower’ parties, do you think we can manage without?

My daughter (4) and I are booked for 11/19. She can handle being up late - not worried there. My question is, would Tony’s be worth the extra money to not have to wait out a good parade spot? Or since this is estimated to be one of the ‘slower’ parties, do you think we can manage without?

You would be paying the same price for both her and yourself. That's $200 before tax. A large chunk of value in the ticket comes from the free flowing alcohol. In your case, you're essentially paying for the benefit of the parade spot and food your daughter might not have the palate for at that age (though the mini pizza might be a safe bet for her).

In short, you'll need to consider how much you want to pay to keep your daughter from waiting amongst the crowd well before the parade. If it keeps your daughter happy and you have the money, by all means. But if you think she'll be OK among the masses and can find ways to entertain her while waiting, I'd honestly save the $200.

I'd suggest looking at the fireworks dessert parties as a possible alternative but a four year old hopped up on sugar (especially at night) sounds like a bad combination 🤣.

You would be paying the same price for both her and yourself. That's $200 before tax. A large chunk of value in the ticket comes from the free flowing alcohol. In your case, you're essentially paying for the benefit of the parade spot and food your daughter might not have the palate for at that age (though the mini pizza might be a safe bet for her).

In short, you'll need to consider how much you want to pay to keep your daughter from waiting amongst the crowd well before the parade. If it keeps your daughter happy and you have the money, by all means. But if you think she'll be OK among the masses and can find ways to entertain her while waiting, I'd honestly save the $200.

I'd suggest looking at the fireworks dessert parties as a possible alternative but a four year old hopped up on sugar (especially at night) sounds like a bad combination 🤣.
Thank you! I don’t think she’ll have an issue with crowds. We were there in June w no problem. I’m aiming to reduce the time spent waiting vs enjoying the party.

If we’re going to the 11p parade, realistically how far in advance should you camp out for a decent spot on Main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts