"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVMCP Magic Band question....
Is the MVMCP Magic Band only for the party? I will be in Disney for the week. Can I use it for my entire trip? Also - do they sell out typically? If so, does anyone have a recommendation as to how far in advance I need to purchase one to avoid possible sellout?

Is the MVMCP Magic Band only for the party? I will be in Disney for the week. Can I use it for my entire trip? Also - do they sell out typically? If so, does anyone have a recommendation as to how far in advance I need to purchase one to avoid possible sellout?

You will be able to use it for the entire trip and future trips if you wish! A CM will transfer all your info over from your other band.

Sorry I can't help with the other questions, I am hoping they don't sell out too!

I am looking for Dec 22nd also and there doesn't seem to be any spots available for both terrance and garden... How difficult would it be to just find a spot to watch the fireworks without a dessert party? We were only thinking about the dessert party because we thought it would be easier in terms of guaranteed spots - is it super difficult to get a spot to watch otherwise?

You will be able to use it for the entire trip and future trips if you wish! A CM will transfer all your info over from your other band.

There's no transfer. The band doesn't actually hold any data, it's just a key that unlocks all the data. Think about it like the key that you use to unlock your car or your house. All the stuff you own is in your house, but you can access it with multiple keys. All your dining reservations, fast passes, park tickets and room reservations are all up in a cloud and the MagicBand just unlocks that information. You simply register the MagicBand to your Disney account online and viola, now that band unlocks everything you need from your room, to your Fast Passes to your park tickets.

There's no transfer. The band doesn't actually hold any data, it's just a key that unlocks all the data. Think about it like the key that you use to unlock your car or your house. All the stuff you own is in your house, but you can access it with multiple keys. All your dining reservations, fast passes, park tickets and room reservations are all up in a cloud and the MagicBand just unlocks that information. You simply register the MagicBand to your Disney account online and viola, now that band unlocks everything you need from your room, to your Fast Passes to your park tickets.

Thank you! I’m so sorry - I thought a CM still had to transfer all the info for you and link it. Is that now how it worked when they first came out years ago?

I've read (almost) every reply in the thread and just wanted to get some feedback from people as this would be my first time attending any special Disney after-hours party in a park.

I'm planning a 3 park day trip with my 7 year old daughter (1 MK day and 1 Epcot day) and am thinking of doing the 11/11 party as our 3rd day.

We've been to MK a many many times and know what rides we like etc and it really seems like this Christmas party is all about a different way to experience the MK and not really a "chance to get on rides with less crowds" (which in reality from everything I read seems like the park is still packed).

All that being said, is a realistic expectation to arrive early at 4 PM, do 3ish hours of our favorites few rides (until 7 when the party begins) and then enjoy the parades, shows, etc while doing a scattering of rides if we want a break? Honestly, the thought of just "being" in the park without worrying about FastPasses, riding every ride, etc sounds absolutely wonderful. ;-)

The late end time concerns me but I think I can push my daughter through it with a nap and a late start (and not much pool time earlier in the day!).

Thanks to all you party veterans for any tips!

I've read (almost) every reply in the thread and just wanted to get some feedback from people as this would be my first time attending any special Disney after-hours party in a park.

I'm planning a 3 park day trip with my 7 year old daughter (1 MK day and 1 Epcot day) and am thinking of doing the 11/11 party as our 3rd day.

We've been to MK a many many times and know what rides we like etc and it really seems like this Christmas party is all about a different way to experience the MK and not really a "chance to get on rides with less crowds" (which in reality from everything I read seems like the park is still packed).

All that being said, is a realistic expectation to arrive early at 4 PM, do 3ish hours of our favorites few rides (until 7 when the party begins) and then enjoy the parades, shows, etc while doing a scattering of rides if we want a break? Honestly, the thought of just "being" in the park without worrying about FastPasses, riding every ride, etc sounds absolutely wonderful. ;-)

The late end time concerns me but I think I can push my daughter through it with a nap and a late start (and not much pool time earlier in the day!).

Hello! I went last year with my 6 year old (on 11/13, IIRC) and here is what we got done:
-arrived around 6:30
-rode Winnie the Pooh
-rode IASW
-got awesome spots to watch the parade in liberty square at 8 (parade started at 8:30)
-parade time
-went on BTMR
-went on SDMT (this took 45 minutes)
-fireworks (from behind the castle)
-visited town hall mickey on the way out (left around 11- we were up at 6 AM so we were tired)

When we go again this year I plan on spending a few hours at AK during the day, then arriving around 5. I would like to do more of the less popular rides which I think will be doable. Hopefully we can stay up later as well.

Thank you!!!

Sorry I can't help with the other questions, I am hoping they don't sell out too!
Thank you!! I hope it doesn't sell out any time soon.

I'm hoping my Christmas Party experience will be similar to my Halloween Party experience from last year. I feel like we got quite a bit done with the amount of time we had at our disposal.

Last edited:
MVMCP Fastpasses.....So I understand that you can get 3 FP's with a party ticket and use them between 4 and 6 that day. However, can you get these 3 FP's in addition to FPs you will get for a park ticket purchased for that same day? Therefore, i am asking does anyone know if MDE will allow me to reserve 6 FP's in advance that day for MK without sacrificing any FPs the remaining week I am there?

MVMCP Fastpasses.....So I understand that you can get 3 FP's with a party ticket and use them between 4 and 6 that day. However, can you get these 3 FP's in addition to FPs you will get for a park ticket purchased for that same day? Therefore, i am asking does anyone know if MDE will allow me to reserve 6 FP's in advance that day for MK without sacrificing any FPs the remaining week I am there?
No, you are still limited to pre-booking 3 FPs per day, regardless of the number of tickets you hold for that day.

I am looking for Dec 22nd also and there doesn't seem to be any spots available for both terrance and garden... How difficult would it be to just find a spot to watch the fireworks without a dessert party? We were only thinking about the dessert party because we thought it would be easier in terms of guaranteed spots - is it super difficult to get a spot to watch otherwise?
Garden has not yet opened up for December, so don’t give up hope yet! Also, hard to say at this time how hard it will be to secure a spot without knowing what the new show will look like. If it’s primarily protection based like HEA and the new Halloween show, to get the full effect you’ll want to be front and center with a good view of the castle. If it’s more like Holiday Wishes, you’ll have good views all over the park. So it will really depend on the make up of the new show.

Absolutely and I think this is an excellent plan!

Thank you! I’m so sorry - I thought a CM still had to transfer all the info for you and link it. Is that now how it worked when they first came out years ago?

No. It's never worked that way. Data has never been stored on the Magic Bands. They are not a storage device.

If you purchase in park the CMs will usually help you link the band to your account - maybe that’s what you’re remembering?

No, you are still limited to pre-booking 3 FPs per day, regardless of the number of tickets you hold for that day.
If I do not use a park ticket that day and only go to the party and use up 3 FPs between 4 and 7, will it effect the remaining FPs I have for the rest of the week?

If I do not use a park ticket that day and only go to the party and use up 3 FPs between 4 and 7, will it effect the remaining FPs I have for the rest of the week?
No, it should not. However, when booking, book all other days first, then your party FPS.

(Also, FP distribution ends at 6 on party days)

I’m hoping the new Christmas firework show is better than Holiday Wishes...to be honest I didn’t like the music choices all that much for Holiday wishes so I’m hoping for an improvement.

The music for the new Halloween show is so so so bad so please don’t mess up Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter