"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to confirm my understanding about FP and the party. We have tickets to the 11/17 MVMCP party.

We have park tickets (not hoppers) that we'll be using in the morning at HS, doing the EMM rope drop for TSL, Muppets and then just walking through GE before heading out. Not using any FP in the morning, and then we're going back to the hotel and hanging out before the party.

I have 3 FP booked for MK for 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 before the party. As long as I have the party tickets linked on my account, I won't have any issues with the fact that I have MK fastpasses but enter on a non-park-hopper ticket to HS, correct?
Not entirely sure, but I noticed you have a 3:30 FP for MK - You might want to check what time you can enter MK on a xmas party ticket. I think it's 4:00. That might make you miss your 3:30 FP. I could be wrong, or you may have already looked into this. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you won't be disappointed if you miss it while there. Good luck!

Not entirely sure, but I noticed you have a 3:30 FP for MK - You might want to check what time you can enter MK on a xmas party ticket. I think it's 4:00. That might make you miss your 3:30 FP. I could be wrong, or you may have already looked into this. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you won't be disappointed if you miss it while there. Good luck!
Their fp will be good until 4:30 though so they should still be able to use it.

Has anyone gone to the party the Thursday before Thanksgiving week, this year 11/21? Was it very crowded? Thank you.

So I have a question on how to maximize our party experience since this is our first one. We want to see some of the characters you can't normally see (Dwarves, Scrooge McDuck, Jack Skellington and Nick and Judy), want to see the parade and fireworks, and also would like to ride at least Space Mountain and Tomorrowland Speedway with the overlay. We are wondering if we can we truly fit all this in or need to prioritize? Are their "plans" for the holiday parties out there somewhere?
For the characters, is it better to line up early or late since some of the littles might be gone by then?
TIA

So I have a question on how to maximize our party experience since this is our first one. We want to see some of the characters you can't normally see (Dwarves, Scrooge McDuck, Jack Skellington and Nick and Judy), want to see the parade and fireworks, and also would like to ride at least Space Mountain and Tomorrowland Speedway with the overlay. We are wondering if we can we truly fit all this in or need to prioritize? Are their "plans" for the holiday parties out there somewhere?
For the characters, is it better to line up early or late since some of the littles might be gone by then?
TIA

This will be my first party too so curious of the answer.

That said...I'm not sure if this will hold true by the time you arrive, but you can currently meet Scrooge McDuck (and Launchpad) at Animal Kingdom. So if Scrooge is still there, that could knock off a character for you for the party if AK is in your plans.

TIA

We met Jack and Nick and Judy at the Christmas party both before 7 by lining up early for Jack and then going to the Nick and Judy line after that. I recommend knocking off either Jack and Nick and Judy or Jack and the Dwarves early to maximize your time. We like to watch the first parade then fireworks because we can meet a lot of characters afterwards with shorter lines.

I would do either

A.

Jack and Sally, Dwarves, Scrooge, parade, fireworks, then go to Tomorrowland for Nick/Judy, Space and the Speedway.

or

B. Jack and Sally, Nick and Judy, Scrooge, parade, fireworks, Space/Tomorrowland Speedway and then back to the Storybook Circus area for the Dwarves.

Soooo.....this may have been answered before and I apologize if it has, but I had a question about fast passes and the party. I remember at one point there being talk of people only having a party ticket but still being able to book fast passes from 4-6. Is this still the case? We are going for a very short trip from December 12th to the 16th. We are doing EPCOT on the 13th, AK after hours on the 14th, MVMCP on the 15th, and then leaving the 16th. I know I will be able to book fast passes for my EPCOT day, I won't be able to book anything for AK since we're only doing after hours (although I heard that you can try to use the FP kiosks to book a fast pass when you enter at 7PM, but I highly doubt that will be necessary), and we are planning to arrive at the party at 4 on Sunday. For the entire trip, we will only have ONE standard admission as the rest of the times we are in the parks will be ticketed events. Will I be able to book fast passes from 4-6 on the party day? No matter what, I'm VERY excited. The holidays are my favorite and I've never been to Disney during this time!

Thanks in advance!

We are doing EPCOT on the 13th, AK after hours on the 14th, MVMCP on the 15th, and then leaving the 16th. I know I will be able to book fast passes for my EPCOT day, I won't be able to book anything for AK since we're only doing after hours (although I heard that you can try to use the FP kiosks to book a fast pass when you enter at 7PM, but I highly doubt that will be necessary), and we are planning to arrive at the party at 4 on Sunday. For the entire trip, we will only have ONE standard admission as the rest of the times we are in the parks will be ticketed events. Will I be able to book fast passes from 4-6 on the party day? No matter what, I'm VERY excited. The holidays are my favorite and I've never been to Disney during this time!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can book 3 FP for your party day (suggested times 3:30pm/ 4:30pm/ 5:30pm)...60 days out if staying onsite, 30 days out if not staying onsite.

Others have also pre-booked FP on their AK after hours tickets as well(suggested times 6:30pm, 7:30pm)...hope this helps.

We met Jack and Nick and Judy at the Christmas party both before 7 by lining up early for Jack and then going to the Nick and Judy line after that. I recommend knocking off either Jack and Nick and Judy or Jack and the Dwarves early to maximize your time. We like to watch the first parade then fireworks because we can meet a lot of characters afterwards with shorter lines.

I would do either

A.

Jack and Sally, Dwarves, Scrooge, parade, fireworks, then go to Tomorrowland for Nick/Judy, Space and the Speedway.

or

B. Jack and Sally, Nick and Judy, Scrooge, parade, fireworks, Space/Tomorrowland Speedway and then back to the Storybook Circus area for the Dwarves.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I saw on page #1 of this thread that Jack and Sally, Dwarves and Nick and Judy start visiting with people before 7 so I think our plan will be to see some if not all of them first as you mentioned. So excited for our first party!

That said...I'm not sure if this will hold true by the time you arrive, but you can currently meet Scrooge McDuck (and Launchpad) at Animal Kingdom. So if Scrooge is still there, that could knock off a character for you for the party if AK is in your plans.

Thanks for letting us know that. We go to AK the next day so it's good to know we could sacrifice Scrooge McDuck if we have to at MVMCP and still see him.

Yes, you can book 3 FP for your party day (suggested times 3:30pm/ 4:30pm/ 5:30pm)...60 days out if staying onsite, 30 days out if not staying onsite.

Others have also pre-booked FP on their AK after hours tickets as well(suggested times 6:30pm, 7:30pm)...hope this helps.

Thank you! Very helpful. Once my 60 days hits, I'm going to book my EPCOT day, then try for the party, then try for after hours. Thanks again! :)

My FP day is a week away! I usually don't have issues booking FP, but after reading some of the comments on this thread and in the November thread, I'm rethinking my strategy for booking. I'm arriving the Friday before Thanksgiving. Our MVMCP is on Sunday.

When I am booking FP online, should I start with day 1 of our trip? Start with the last day and move backwards? Or start with MVMCP day?

My FP day is a week away! I usually don't have issues booking FP, but after reading some of the comments on this thread and in the November thread, I'm rethinking my strategy for booking. I'm arriving the Friday before Thanksgiving. Our MVMCP is on Sunday.

When I am booking FP online, should I start with day 1 of our trip? Start with the last day and move backwards? Or start with MVMCP day?
You want to start with the rides that are the hardest to get. Those would be FOP, SDD, and SDMT. Any others I’ve been able to get within 30 days.

Kind of a spin on that question...since we're also going to the 11/17 party!

We also have non-park hopper tickets. Going to AK in the morning and using 3 FPs. Once I've used my 3rd, I was planning on trying to book another at MK for after 4. Will that work? It won't somehow screw up my last day of FPs, will it (as I hear it will if you book extra for the party in advance)?
We did this last year for the Halloween Party and had no issues. In fact we were able to get 2 FPs in MK during that time before the park closed to day guests.

Couple quick questions as we have never done a party before .
1. We are dvc so if we get in at 2 can we book fastpasses for 2?
2. Moana she appears ?big line?
3. Speedway- what time does the overlay start ? Should we try to fastpass at 530 and go for 6?
Thanks so much

Can I "Be your guest"? Am planning on being at MVMCP on December 15. If any kind hearted DVC member could bring us in at the 2:00 time..that would make our stay even more magical. PM me and we can arrange a meeting place. thanx

You want to start with the rides that are the hardest to get. Those would be FOP, SDD, and SDMT. Any others I’ve been able to get within 30 days.
This.
But do your party night FPs LAST, after all other days have been made. Otherwise the system will assume you are using a day ticket for your party night and you’ll run out of entitlements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!