"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
No parties during Thanksgiving. Typically last party the Friday before Thanksgiving week and then the Sunday after. It looks like this year there are parties the Friday before & Sunday of Thanksgiving week.
Yep, this is typical. No early close nights for MK during a busy holiday weekend.
Man that really stinks. I might need to find a new weekend.

We will be there 11/8 - I know it will be crowded with the opening night and the media event but I thought it would be sold out by now? Are there usually same day tickets available at the gate?

We will be there 11/8 - I know it will be crowded with the opening night and the media event but I thought it would be sold out by now? Are there usually same day tickets available at the gate?

You can purchase same day, if party is not sold out. Page 1, Ghosts of Christmas Past, list parties that sold out with date party sold out on, goes back a few years.

So I’m trying not to get ahead of myself here as I understand the shows could be very different but I am getting a bit worried about the new MVMCP fireworks after seeing the new MNSSHP ones debut.

Very little music, a lot of projections and not a great feeling. Of course it’s difficult when you are watching a video instead of being there but still mixed opinions across people who did see it.

I wonder if they aren’t releasing the firework dessert parties until they get the absolute sign off on the new fireworks show - timings of it etc. That must have an impact on things.

How are the crowds at Magic Kingdom during the day of the parties? Are they usually busier or less busy since they close the park at 6?

I wonder if they aren’t releasing the firework dessert parties until they get the absolute sign off on the new fireworks show - timings of it etc. That must have an impact on things.

I don't know if it just happened today but I was able to book the Plaza Dessert party for December 5th. Not sure about other dates.

Dan

I am getting ready to purchase MVMCP tickets for Nov. 24. I just wanted to verify that I can enter the park 3 hours early even though it isn't advertised by Disney? Is so, am I able to make FP reservations at 60 days out for those 3 hours? We are doing a super short trip, and this is the only time we will be entering the parks, so we want to get the most out of our tickets.

I don't know if it just happened today but I was able to book the Plaza Dessert party for December 5th. Not sure about other dates.
I still don't see any dates for December available. Wonder what is going on.

I am getting ready to purchase MVMCP tickets for Nov. 24. I just wanted to verify that I can enter the park 3 hours early even though it isn't advertised by Disney? Is so, am I able to make FP reservations at 60 days out for those 3 hours? We are doing a super short trip, and this is the only time we will be entering the parks, so we want to get the most out of our tickets.

We will be there the 24th too, just booked tickets yesterday. We have always gotten there early on a regular ticket, and then gone to get a wrist band at one of the designated locations in the park (instead of going back to the entrance). Policy is that MVMCP entry starts as early as 4pm. In my experience, that has always been accurate. There's a specific link you can use to book dining during MVMCP: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...eys-very-merry-christmas-party-table-service/ . We generally don't book a meal during that time because it cuts into the Party time. We usually eat around 3pm and then head to the party.

We will be there on 11/8 too! I was a little nervous about the crowds, because it is the first party, but my DH keeps tell me "It will all be okay. We will be at Disney!" He is correct, I know! I am going to try my best to stress a little less on this trip, and go with the flow.

I’d believe that if November dates weren’t already available. The waiting is killing me!!!!

Hi all we have tickets for the first party, 11/8. Last year we went to sold out party the sunday after thanksgiving and the crowd wasn't that crazy. Should I prep my family for similar crowds or better crowds? I know its true that the first party has a ton of media/vlog/blog people there so was wondering if thats better for us. We like to rides during the party and catch the 11pm parade. Not really into meeting characters so that probably will work in my favor. What do you guys think of my plan and the rides shouldn't be too crazy right? Just trying to prep everyone on what to expect.

I was wondering if they were considering whether to do 2 Plaza Garden parties instead of cramming so many into the one party. I have seen 2 different posts regarding garden dessert party from 1st MNSSHP one reporting garden as being very crowded and the other reporting plenty of room....however both reported dessert area as being packed with long lines for desserts.

How are the crowds at Magic Kingdom during the day of the parties? Are they usually busier or less busy since they close the park at 6?
What I've read is that MK is typically pretty slow on MVMCP days since they close early and there are no fireworks.

Is there a general consensus on which is a better show...A Totally Tomorrowland... or Reindeer Wranglers?

Also, is it safe to assume the holiday overlay to the Tomorrowland attractions is 7pm on...if we ride Space Mountain at 6:30pm it would not be the holiday version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!