"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the opinion on booking the dessert party with terrace views? We have always done garden view and it has been amazing. With the new fireworks show probably having more projections on the castle. Will there be anything to see with terrace views? It makes no sense they have not released dates for December garden views reservations yet. The main reason we do the Christmas party is for the parade and fireworks. If we can't see the most of the fireworks it would be a waste of our money to pay for the party.

We are going to MVMCP on Dec 8th and was wondering if anyone has also gone to MK on the same day. Or are you better off just going to MVMCP. Are all rides available during MVMCP?

We are going to MVMCP on Dec 8th and was wondering if anyone has also gone to MK on the same day. Or are you better off just going to MVMCP. Are all rides available during MVMCP?

We usually go to the parties on our arrival day, but with the DVC early 2PM entry it is not worth using a park day anymore.

What is the opinion on booking the dessert party with terrace views? We have always done garden view and it has been amazing. With the new fireworks show probably having more projections on the castle. Will there be anything to see with terrace views? It makes no sense they have not released dates for December garden views reservations yet. The main reason we do the Christmas party is for the parade and fireworks. If we can't see the most of the fireworks it would be a waste of our money to pay for the party.
Assuming the new show is projection heavy like HEA and the new Halloween fireworks, the view from the terrace will be partially blocked. I wouldn’t waste your money on the terrace view.

Most rides are open, check the first page for a list of what has been open in prior years.

So I’m trying not to get ahead of myself here as I understand the shows could be very different but I am getting a bit worried about the new MVMCP fireworks after seeing the new MNSSHP ones debut.

Very little music, a lot of projections and not a great feeling. Of course it’s difficult when you are watching a video instead of being there but still mixed opinions across people who did see it.
I was thinking the same thing - the video I saw really meant that you had to be right up front to see anything special. Glad I'm going later in the MVMCP party season so we can decide if it will be worth it to watch.

I was thinking the same thing - the video I saw really meant that you had to be right up front to see anything special. Glad I'm going later in the MVMCP party season so we can decide if it will be worth it to watch.

I know. Paying all this money for tickets to have to queue to be at the front to see projections. Bring back the good old days where you could stand halfway down Main Street, hear the music, see the fireworks and not feel like you were missing out.

I know. Paying all this money for tickets to have to queue to be at the front to see projections. Bring back the good old days where you could stand halfway down Main Street, hear the music, see the fireworks and not feel like you were missing out.
Yep - I can tell you know I'm not going to wait for hours at a special event to see fireworks. It might just be something we skip and then come back for the parade. Which is sad cause this will be my 1st time back at WDW in 16 years. I go to Disneyland yearly.

I’m also glad I’m going later in the season because of this. I’ve been to parties the past two years. The first year I made the mistake of sitting on Main Street at the hub for hours and hours to watch all of the entertainment and get a great spot for fireworks. Because we did this, we only rode a couple of rides, and only met a couple of characters that were high priority for us. Last year I watched fireworks from the back of the castle and had so much more time to ride rides, get more treats, and meet more characters. I finally talked my sister into wanting to go to the party since they have new offerings and agreed to watching fireworks from behind the castle again. The announcement did say the fireworks can be enjoyed from around the park, but I will be very surprised if it isn’t projection based, causing us to miss a lot of the show.

I'll be attending the 11/19 party. I'm super curious to see what the crowd is like. Two years ago we attended a non sellout and it felt like we couldn't get anything done. Last year we attended the first party, which obviously was a sellout, and aside from Main Street we found the crowds to be incredibly, shockingly manageable. It's amazing how it really all depends of what kind of "crowd" you get and what they're most interested in.

So....now that they annou
nced the season pass for MNSSHP, so we think they'll do the same for MVMCP????

I'm thinking they will - they want to draw crowds from GE and keep all the parks full. Extending F&W and offering season passes to parties will keep people moving. It's actually a really smart strategy and that season pass could be really attractive to guests visiting for 10 days. I would choose a season pass over a dessert party any day.

Any thoughts on what time Space/Speedway etc will transform on party nights? Wondering if it will be at 7:00 or more like 4:00 when they let party crowds enter.

Any thoughts on what time Space/Speedway etc will transform on party nights? Wondering if it will be at 7:00 or more like 4:00 when they let party crowds enter.
I was wondering, too...I imagine it would have to be at 7pm since it says "Party Exclusive", but who knows with Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!