Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

We are planning on doing the 10k! Looks like it’s going to start in the MK parking lot. I think all of the races I have run have started and finished in the Epcot parking lot. Staying at BLT - just confirmed today.:flower:

We are planning on doing the 10k! Looks like it’s going to start in the MK parking lot. I think all of the races I have run have started and finished in the Epcot parking lot. Staying at BLT - just confirmed today.:flower:
Yea....I think Dark Side 2017 was the first 10k/Half to start at TTC while parts of the front end are brutal I think I like the set up better

Looks like I'm off the fence. Just booked BCVs 4/4 - 4/9. We'll be running the 1/2 marathon, some Flower and Garden festival and TBD on the Garden Rocks Concert series. So right now I have a lot resort ressies [Marathon weekend and SW weekend] and no race registrations!

Actually, the more I think about it, I don't think it would be THAT difficult for you to actually register specifically for either Light Side or Dark Side. Just take the entire half marathon field available and split the registrations in half - half for LS, half for DS. If one sells out before the other, oh well - the choice is taken away from you. But it would definitely be one way to force people to register early - to guarantee they get to run for the side of their choice.

I don't think it would be difficult to do something special for the "winning" side either - just denote that on the Race Certificates you can download. They won't do it by chip time, obviously, because RunDisney tries not to put an overall emphasis on time rather than to celebrate finishing - but the winning side could simply be who has the most finishers. :confused3

Wait, WHAT? We're already 11 months out??? QUICK! TO THE DVC WEBSITE!
I"m guessing a large amount of people forgot too since the weekend is earlier than normal. I had zero issue with my standard view VGF which never happens!

I was quite surprised that I was able to get into BCV so easily. Especially since race week is right at the tail end of spring break week for all the Atlanta area schools.

Not complaining. Glad I do not have to worry about that now.

I was able to rent points for a standard view studio at Boardwalk so I'm pretty excited about that. :)

Am I the only one that was hoping this would be something like you actually get to register for the "side" you are running for and get a bib themed to that and a specific corresponding medal? Or that there would be two halfs - maybe one night and one day? I know that would be logistically difficult especially with Toy Story land and Pandora needing the parks open so much and the construction all over the place limiting courses. But it would be fun to see them lower the caps (just a tiny teeny bit) and make 2 races and see which side actually "wins" based on chip time. Could be a way to motivate people to pick up their training as well... (which would work even if they just let you pick a "team" during registration and give different themed bibs).

Is this not what is happening? I thought I saw some wording along the lines of "choose your side" which told me you would register for either the light side or dark side. That should mean different shirt, bib, and finisher's medal based on the side you run for.

Is this not what is happening? I thought I saw some wording along the lines of "choose your side" which told me you would register for either the light side or dark side. That should mean different shirt, bib, and finisher's medal based on the side you run for.
I didn’t assume as much. I assumed different bib design like Princess. This sounds pretty involved for rD to pull off. ;)

I didn’t assume as much. I assumed different bib design like Princess. This sounds pretty involved for rD to pull off. ;)
Yeah, not my assumption, either. I took it as "pick a side to represent with your outfit, on your own dime" and we all get the same stuff, lol!

Yeah, not my assumption, either. I took it as "pick a side to represent with your outfit, on your own dime" and we all get the same stuff, lol!

That's what I'm assuming as well. It shouldn't be complicated to pick a side at registration, but this IS disney we are talking about :duck:

This makes me so sad! Star Wars weekend at Disneyland was my favorite runDisney weekend. Clearly it's not returning in 2019 (not that anyone expected it back this soon...) But, do we think that this change could be short term? Just for a year or two? Or, is this possibly a sign that Star Wars weekend at Disneyland Resort will never return? Maybe I'm just reading too much into this announcement...

May the Fourth be with you all!

I had the same thought when I read about the theme change for 2019 in WDW, but I hope those who are more optimistic about the return of runDisney (and Star Wars) to Disneyland on these boards turn out to be right :)

I'm tentatively in for the challenge. I booked a studio at BLT yesterday for April 4-8. This will be perfect costume-wise for me. I have a Leia top that I bought in anticipation of 2018 Lights Side that never happened, and a Vader costume that I wore for 2017 Dark Side, so sounds like I'm going light side for one of the races and dark side for the other....

There was just a Star Wars 10K run in Singapore and looks like they pulled it off -- separate finisher medals for dark and lightside, also looks like separate race shirts and totes.

https://www.esprimo.com.sg/StarWarsRunSG/medals.php
https://www.esprimo.com.sg/StarWarsRunSG/index.php

Yes I know this wasn't put on by RunDisney, but RunDisney could also do this.

There was just a Star Wars 10K run in Singapore and looks like they pulled it off -- separate finisher medals for dark and lightside, also looks like separate race shirts and totes.

https://www.esprimo.com.sg/StarWarsRunSG/medals.php
https://www.esprimo.com.sg/StarWarsRunSG/index.php

Yes I know this wasn't put on by RunDisney, but RunDisney could also do this.

Wow! This is amazing and looks to be much better than runDisney. And it is a night race as well! If Disney did this, they would sell out really fast.

I'll be back for the 10K (with new goals too!) next year. So much for my 1 time cross it off the bucket list. :rotfl:

And a few more friends may be joining since they saw & heard what a blast I had this year!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter