Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

My suggestions are either the AK parking lot, or outside the DHS entrance - with preference to the AK lot. As a runner, AK lot is such a great place to see your people, when you're starting to feel some fatigue and know you've got a looong stretch of highway coming up. As a spectator, it's open and roomy enough to have some personal space and be able to find your runner easily. The parking lots never actually close, so you can get in no problem, but you do need to go very early, as road closures happen early.

How do they route car traffic during the race on the roads leading in and out of AK? Will I be able to leave the lot with my car once our runner passes or will I be "trapped" until the race is finished since Osceola Parkway is part of the race Route?

Wondering if there is a recommended recap from last year or a source out there for all the photo opportunities for the half. I know it can change this year but I want to have a general plan, and from my experience with past Disney races the photo spots are usually the same with some minors changes.

Hey everyone! I have another question :banana:

For the Kessel Run Challenge, do we need to bring anything with us to the race? Or will our bib be marked?

Just a couple weeks!

Hey everyone! I have another question :banana:

For the Kessel Run Challenge, do we need to bring anything with us to the race? Or will our bib be marked?

Just a couple weeks!
They give you a wristband to wear and they take your picture when you pick up your bib that they verify after you finish the half.

Soooooo, literally JUST signed up for the 10k. We hadn't realized we planned a short vaca/long weekend on the same weekend ANNNNND since I can't find any local 10k minimum to gain a decent POT to edit my Wine & Dine registrations with....well lets just say DH rolled his eyes while handing over the credit card grumbling that at least he gets to sleep in. I caught the medal(s), but was wondering if any of the t shirts or merchandise (aka shoe ornament) has been seen by anyone out there. Probably not, but I can't help but ask.
Oh and I'm assuming because of such a late registration that I'll be picking up my waiver at the Expo...when I tried to print one off through the runDisney site, it claimed no one with my name or birth date was recognized. I also read the small print where it covered all registrants up til March 12. So am I thinking correctly, waiver at Expo theory?

Wondering if there is a recommended recap from last year or a source out there for all the photo opportunities for the half. I know it can change this year but I want to have a general plan, and from my experience with past Disney races the photo spots are usually the same with some minors changes.
Can’t help with half but can help with 5k and 10k
Soooooo, literally JUST signed up for the 10k. We hadn't realized we planned a short vaca/long weekend on the same weekend ANNNNND since I can't find any local 10k minimum to gain a decent POT to edit my Wine & Dine registrations with....well lets just say DH rolled his eyes while handing over the credit card grumbling that at least he gets to sleep in. I caught the medal(s), but was wondering if any of the t shirts or merchandise (aka shoe ornament) has been seen by anyone out there. Probably not, but I can't help but ask.
Oh and I'm assuming because of such a late registration that I'll be picking up my waiver at the Expo...when I tried to print one off through the runDisney site, it claimed no one with my name or birth date was recognized. I also read the small print where it covered all registrants up til March 12. So am I thinking correctly, waiver at Expo theory?
Lately they haven’t done a merch preview till the Monday or Tuesday of race week

I am interested also for all 3 races.

I am interested also for all 3 races.
5K:
First mile: Emperors throne
Second mile: R2D2
Third mile: Chewie , Troopers (non photopass), Ezra and Sabine, cosplayers (non photopass)
10k:
Third mile: R2D2
Fourth Mile: throne, Darth maul, tower of terror bellhops + cosplayers (non photopass)
Fifth mile : various speeders
Sixth mile: Ezra and Sabine, Chewie
The last .2 miles: cosplayers (non photopass)
There were other forms of entertainment on both courses like video screens and djs

Expo had troopers and Jabas palace backdrop

Start/Finish was Kylo,Vader,Phasma, BB8, Boba Fett, Jaba’s Palace (only at Epcot staging probably cause the second set up was at expo)

Lately they haven’t done a merch preview till the Monday or Tuesday of race week
Thanks, guessing I'm still on target for the waiver and tracking to be done at Expo since I last minute registered. Or should I wait a couple days for runDisney to upload/update and try online again?

Anyone have helpful hints on signing up for the race photos? I found the link with the race ID required (Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon: 2019-STAR-HLFx-xxxx) but it isn't being accepted on the photopass site, even when I take the dashes out. Thanks!

Anyone have helpful hints on signing up for the race photos? I found the link with the race ID required (Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon: 2019-STAR-HLFx-xxxx) but it isn't being accepted on the photopass site, even when I take the dashes out. Thanks!
It won’t be accepted until after the race

I am pretty sure that they will be accepted before the races. In 2018 I put all of the codes in for all of the races before we ran any of them.
Same here, but maybe I didn’t put them in until right before the weekend or the first day of the expo??

I am pretty sure that they will be accepted before the races. In 2018 I put all of the codes in for all of the races before we ran any of them.
I've tried every way possible and I can't get it to take. I'll keep trying but thinking that it won't be accepted until after the race.

Races start in two weeks!!!!

When are you all doing your last long training run?
I've had the flu for a week now. I should have done my last long run today, but I'm thinking I'll do it later in the upcoming week now. This flu was no joke! At this point, I'm praying I can finish and not be pulled off the course!

I've had the flu for a week now. I should have done my last long run today, but I'm thinking I'll do it later in the upcoming week now. This flu was no joke! At this point, I'm praying I can finish and not be pulled off the course!

I would suggest not worrying about that last long run at this point. The flu is very taxing on the body and it would be more beneficial to ensure that you have as much strength back as possible before the race weekend. In a weakened state, that long run is most likely not going to elicit the gains it’s designed to and that likelihood decreases as you get closer to the race weekend. I’d just look to get a frw easy runs in to get everything loosened back up as you get stronger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter