Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Finish line characters question - are they for runners only? If my kids wanted to come meet my DH and I at the finish are they allowed to get photos with us and some of the characters? My DD absolutely ADORES Captain Phasma, and I know she would love to meet her. I can't recall if they usually let kids get in photos with their parents.

Finish line characters question - are they for runners only? If my kids wanted to come meet my DH and I at the finish are they allowed to get photos with us and some of the characters? My DD absolutely ADORES Captain Phasma, and I know she would love to meet her. I can't recall if they usually let kids get in photos with their parents.

When you say finish line, I think you mean finish 'area'? It's open to anyone, so I'm pretty sure they can get pictures, too.

ONE WEEK til the 5K! When is everyone getting there? I'm arriving on Friday. It may be time to agree on a Disboards pre-race meet up spot at the start area. I'm looking at the 10k start map and I know somebody already mentioned some spots. I'm going to suggest in front of the medical tent somewhere? If they have posters to make at the expo I can bring a little sign that says DIS but no promises. This map makes the start staging area look way smaller than the one for the marathon.

ONE WEEK til the 5K! When is everyone getting there? I'm arriving on Friday. It may be time to agree on a Disboards pre-race meet up spot at the start area. I'm looking at the 10k start map and I know somebody already mentioned some spots. I'm going to suggest in front of the medical tent somewhere? If they have posters to make at the expo I can bring a little sign that says DIS but no promises. This map makes the start staging area look way smaller than the one for the marathon.

So same for the half? In front of the medical tent? I have never started from this area so I have no idea what it all looks like, lol!

I fly in Sunday night (as in TWO SLEEPS AWAY!). Yes, we'll be in the parks for a week before the race!

Strongly debating doing one last long run tomorrow (Saturday) as prep. It's on the training plan, but there's a lot of packing to do and it will all have to be on a treadmill again since weather tomorrow is going to be stormy. Last night's - finally OUTSIDE! - run was awesome and I'm comfortable with where I am in preparation for the 10k. But I'm worried I'll regret not doing one more long run....

Thoughts from those wiser than me???

Strongly debating doing one last long run tomorrow (Saturday) as prep. It's on the training plan, but there's a lot of packing to do and it will all have to be on a treadmill again since weather tomorrow is going to be stormy. Last night's - finally OUTSIDE! - run was awesome and I'm comfortable with where I am in preparation for the 10k. But I'm worried I'll regret not doing one more long run....

Thoughts from those wiser than me???
There's no reason to do another long run, unless you have a burning desire to do so. Personally, I time my final long run for 2 weeks out from race day - that was a 5/12 back-to-back last weekend, and this weekend will be a 6 mile taper. A week out, it's all taper for me.

~~~
I'll drive over to WDW sometime Fri - arrival time, as always, is dictated by how things are moving on I-4 lol!
I have a meet-up planned with my running group outside of the DIS, so probably won't make it to a DIS one.

So same for the half? In front of the medical tent? I have never started from this area so I have no idea what it all looks like, lol!
Me neither! I'm just guessing! And, sure, why not same thing for the half? Unless somebody else has been there and thinks there is a better spot.

That spot should work. Only thing is that area can get pretty crowded (or at least for the half it was) with people waiting for the corrals to open.

Weather Underground currently showing the hours of 5AM-8AM for the 10k and half as the highest temps between 5AM and 8AM for the whole week :crazy2:. T&D of maybe 132? Can we bring that down a little please?

We get in late Wednesday night and will have bells on for the expo the next morning! Not really but it sounded good writing it!!!! Going to try and meet up at HH but it depends on how long we are out shopping after the 10K! :jumping1:
DH is doing all 3 races and I am signed up to do the 5K. Unfortunately, my doc says I'm not allowed to do it because of my torn MCL. I'll be cheering y'all on at the finish lines though!!! Good luck, everyone!

Does anyone know if the AP pins sell out? I would like to get one, but kind of wanted to see it first!

(If there is one?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter