"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

I just want to make sure you are aware that dining has been moved to a 60 day booking window from the previous 180 days. Park hours stopped being posted once Disney closed (November hours have not yet been posted either).
Not that anything should be assumed, but does anyone think that once they open in July, November and December monthly hours will be added?

Not that anything should be assumed, but does anyone think that once they open in July, November and December monthly hours will be added?
Well, the hours will be added at some point, but I'm not sure about July. I guess it really depends on how well the opening goes, and how the virus is tracking. I'm not optimistic when I see the most recent case numbers for Florida. I think Disney is going to do things as late as possible because they don't want to have to do them twice. There are still people with July vacations who don't know which resorts they'll be in, so it doesn't look like Disney is particularly on top of all the logistics. I'm not slamming Disney for this, btw, just pointing out that there are probably a million moving parts here, and the situation seems quite fluid.

if the window is 60 days, no need to go to November or December until late August.

I'm seeing that they close at 7PM and that a ticketed even is from 7-Midnight on MNNSHP nights. Based on that I've been assuming the parties will happen. With limited capacity they may not need as much time to shuffle non-party goers out of the park. I'm holding onto hope, haha. Really looking forward to a party on Labor Day!
They haven’t cancelled us yet. We have tix for the first party (bought pre-Pandemic). We aren’t expecting that they will do the early entry and they may not let us in until 7.

At this point I'm looking at it as possibly the only opportunity to visit two parks in one day any time soon, and I'm trusting Disney will still find ways to make it magical. There are still about three months to go before MNSSHP and more of course before MVMCP, so a lot could change before then, too. Photo ops could still happen like they are doing at Universal, where you can take pictures in front of characters. Shanghai has already started adding things back, so it's not impossible Disney World will have some sort of parade and/or stage show by then.
There’s actually 2 months. Theoretically, we will be getting ready for the first party 60 days from today. Since it’s a hard ticket and capacity controlled, it will hopefully guarantee us time in MK with the unknown variables of the upcoming reservation system. We are completely fine if this turns into Villains After Hours.😂

I was told by CMs on the phone a couple days ago that no parties at all. Halloween or Christmas.
this was information provided to me as a TA while talking to our hotline about ongoing trip issues. Always a chance they are wrong. But she stated it very confidently and said they had just been notified.

There's no way they will have any after hours parties. Heck, they are cancelling parades and fireworks. With no cure or vaccine, they are doing what they can to minimize spread, but a party of that magnitude (even reduced to 30% capacity) would be a nightmare.

If I was placing a bet - the answer would be NO.

I think Disney is going to be super cautious for some time and operating just the basics to try not to bleed as much money.

I was told by CMs on the phone a couple days ago that no parties at all. Halloween or Christmas.
this was information provided to me as a TA while talking to our hotline about ongoing trip issues. Always a chance they are wrong. But she stated it very confidently and said they had just been notified.

So crazy. I am also a TA and I was told by a CM last week that MNSSHP will definitely happen but no word yet on MVMCP. I don't think anybody knows for sure what the plans are, lol!

My TA has also been told MNSSHP is a go, provided you already have tickets. Her assumption was if they felt like they had extra room for any given party they would sell those tickets close to the date or even day of, but the party its self would probably end up being more like an after hours event. That's just her musings mind you but it made sense to me when we spoke. Which is, at this point, fine with us. I agree with a previous poster that mentioned it being guaranteed MK time, at this point for us that is worth the price.

For what its worth, when I called ticketing last week regarding MNSSHP, they looked up the number/letter code on the back of each of my party tickets and said they are still valid and that there is no plan to cancel them as of now.

I really hope it’s still a go this year. Went to our first last year and it was just a total blast

Wee been planning for months, and we should be booking our dining in 2 days. I really hope the party, and the candlelight procession, will happen. I am an obsessive planner, and the hours for December are not even on the website yet. Itś hard enough trying to keep this a secret from a 7 year old. Truthfully, I am really hoping he does not figure out where we are going before the plane lands. He knows we are going on vacation, but he thinks we are flying to Missouri.
I told my daughter when she was 7 that we were going to Spokane,Washington to stay at a hotel for Spring break. She even told her classmates. When we got to the airport she was confused. I told her it was a big hotel and you needed a plane to get to the end of it. Then I gave her hints. Finally I told her California and then asked what's in California. She said Disneyland? Then she lost it right there in the airport. My parents surprised us when were were little. I still remember it and wanted to do the same.

I actually think they will move forward with a variation of their holiday parties & special event tickets, as long as they are allowed. These events are cash cows. I cannot see them refraining from these all together, unless they absolutely had to.

Breaking News - 6/18/20

Looking ahead to the holiday season, this may spark questions about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, which includes the Candlelight Processional. We are monitoring our new environment closely, and will make a decision on these events as we continue to learn more from government and health officials. As always, our goal is to explore every option and look at ways in which we can still host events and festivals full of Disney magic, while still operating responsibly with the health and safety of our guests and cast members in mind.

While assessing another fall special event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, we determined that many of its hallmarks – stage shows, parades and fireworks – are unable to take place in this new, unprecedented environment. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. All 2020 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties Cancelled.

At this point the logical assumption is the Christmas party will also be cancelled. Disney is playing things absurdly cautious and I can't see them overextending themselves at all in 2020. I personally think we won't see any return of normalcy for Disney till spring 2021 after the cold and flue season subsides and all the question marks about the possible 2nd wave passes.

At this point the logical assumption is the Christmas party will also be cancelled. Disney is playing things absurdly cautious and I can't see them overextending themselves at all in 2020. I personally think we won't see any return of normalcy for Disney till spring 2021 after the cold and flue season subsides and all the question marks about the possible 2nd wave passes.
merged you to the existing thread

Haven't cancelled by December reservation yet...it was to be our first MVMCP/holiday trip......
Haven't bought plane tix yet either.....
Still not sure what we'll do.

Haven't cancelled by December reservation yet...it was to be our first MVMCP/holiday trip......
Haven't bought plane tix yet either.....
Still not sure what we'll do.

I have a trip booked for the beginning of August that I haven’t officially canceled yet. Before they paused their reservation systems a few weeks ago I hedged and booked another trip for early May 2021. We are 99% canceling this December. We’ve been to Disney in December many times and it’s honestly an awesome time to go. However we feel there are just too many variables in motion and we prefer to take the guesswork out of things. Will there be a Christmas party? What restaurants will be open? Will our resort be open? As insignificant as it May sound to some, we also want the international staff To be present at Epcot and it appears they won’t be there till early 2021. It looks like we are going to give up December for an early May trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter