"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

The "experts" predictions have been so far off the mark with this pandemic to not even be in the same field so it's impossible to know how things will be come December. We'll just have to wait and see how the summer goes to get an idea or what may or may not take place later this year.
We have a November trip, and are definitely hoping to attend MVMCP but we're just waiting and seeing. So much can change between now and then. By then, Disney should have a pretty good idea of how to run events with social distancing, capacity, or other restrictions that may or may not be in place come this fall and winter.

have they even started to sell the tickets to the party yet?

No, they had not started to sell MVMCP tickets yet nor have dates been announced. Disney had a live page with dates for a brief period of time back a few weeks into COVID, which seemed more accidental than intentional as it was quickly removed - so that's why you see some with a list of dates.

Given that they are not doing stage shows, parades, fireworks, or M&Gs when the park opens, Unless things improve dramatically and the restrictions are removed, I don't see MVMCP or MNSSHP happening as the above things that are not happening are pretty much what the parties are.

I imagine Disney playing it safe for the rest of the year regarding any special events or after-hour parties. I think WDW will go back to the very basics as in the 70's and 80's when the parks would be decorated for each holiday. I think they will be making the parks lovely as can be while keeping all their guests and cast members safe for this coming fall and winter seasons. On the bright side, giving the time and new ideas the 50th Anniversary could be wildly awesome for everyone to return to the magic!:flower1:

Disney uniformly changed MK operating hours to end at 7pm. That means they likely will not have the party, given in the past MK has closed at 6pm on party nights. Of course park hours can always be changed.

I think MVMCP has a chance since it looks like MNSSHP could still happen. Now, the party might not be the same, but tickets can be sold until they reach their desired capacity. MNSSHP was one of the only things that was not canceled along with all the paid events. This leads one to believe the parties still have a chance.

Joining in the chorus here.. I would plan on not being able to attend any special events a la MNSSHP for at least through the end of 2020. It seems to be very much up in the air whether or not they'll have any special parties at all. Not impossible.. but not looking likely, either.

"Safe to assume?" No. I think the parties are possible but improbable, just because something hasn't been officially cancelled yet doesn't mean won't be. The water parks are a good example, CMs have been told the water parks will not reopen with the theme parks, but Disney has yet to make an official public announcement or remove the water park hours from the calendar. I expect they will do this in coming weeks.

Disney is tackling things in chronological order. Right now, they are dealing with the June 22-July 10 DVC opening and rescheduling some guest who fall in that time period who want to wait until parks reopen. They have released few details beyond that. They have released very few details about resorts, pools, dining, etc. after July 10. And many things remain on the calendar that will likely change. This is a evolving process.

But people seem naive about what future phases really mean, while Disney will be allowed to increase capacity and probably reopen indoor shows in Phase 3 and beyond, it won't mean the end of mitigation and social distancing practices.

Last edited:
Disney uniformly changed MK operating hours to end at 7pm. That means they likely will not have the party, given in the past MK has closed at 6pm on party nights. Of course park hours can always be changed.

I'm seeing that they close at 7PM and that a ticketed even is from 7-Midnight on MNNSHP nights. Based on that I've been assuming the parties will happen. With limited capacity they may not need as much time to shuffle non-party goers out of the park. I'm holding onto hope, haha. Really looking forward to a party on Labor Day!

If there are no fireworks, parade, shows, or character meet and greets, that means that everyone in the park has nothing to do but rides. Therefore you are paying a lot of money for a few hours of rides when the lines won’t be any shorter than during the day.

If there are no fireworks, parade, shows, or character meet and greets, that means that everyone in the park has nothing to do but rides. Therefore you are paying a lot of money for a few hours of rides when the lines won’t be any shorter than during the day.

At this point I'm looking at it as possibly the only opportunity to visit two parks in one day any time soon, and I'm trusting Disney will still find ways to make it magical. There are still about three months to go before MNSSHP and more of course before MVMCP, so a lot could change before then, too. Photo ops could still happen like they are doing at Universal, where you can take pictures in front of characters. Shanghai has already started adding things back, so it's not impossible Disney World will have some sort of parade and/or stage show by then.

Yes I know.... no one knows anything at this point... just asking for opinions! So....at the moment the MNSSHP is still a go, assuming this as it has not been cancelled yet, although it could happen tomorrow, so if the halloween party is a go wouldn’t the Christmas parties also be a go! In my opinion, I can’t see them having one and not the other, unless of course there is another serious outbreak by then!

Yeah this is safe to assume. I think the Halloween Party will still happen as well, just with the tickets already sold.

This is why unless that changes, we have no interest in the parties this year.
October is several months away and a lot of that could change by then.

Without the parade, fireworks, stage shows or meet n greets, it’s just a After Hours event.

Wee been planning for months, and we should be booking our dining in 2 days. I really hope the party, and the candlelight procession, will happen. I am an obsessive planner, and the hours for December are not even on the website yet. Itś hard enough trying to keep this a secret from a 7 year old. Truthfully, I am really hoping he does not figure out where we are going before the plane lands. He knows we are going on vacation, but he thinks we are flying to Missouri.

Wee been planning for months, and we should be booking our dining in 2 days. I really hope the party, and the candlelight procession, will happen. I am an obsessive planner, and the hours for December are not even on the website yet. Itś hard enough trying to keep this a secret from a 7 year old. Truthfully, I am really hoping he does not figure out where we are going before the plane lands. He knows we are going on vacation, but he thinks we are flying to Missouri.
I just want to make sure you are aware that dining has been moved to a 60 day booking window from the previous 180 days. Park hours stopped being posted once Disney closed (November hours have not yet been posted either).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter