Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Feb AP rates for my dates at CBBR just dropped again ($20 per night). Keep checking people!
I keep checking everyday. Last year, I was able to go from Standard View SMSM to Bay View APH and save money, and then got to Standard View APH rate and saved even more. Inventory seems to have done nothing but diminish for PBH, HRH, and RP, though.
Only King rooms at PBH available now for our dates. Nothing at RP or HRH
We are going President's Day week, which I guess is worse than Spring Break last year (it wasn't Easter but was early April)

Please confirm - I can upgrade my 3 day 2 park tickets (got the third day through a promo) purchased from a third party ticket seller (Visit Orlando) when I arrive to the lowest level of AP (Will be at Universal in about a week) and take advantage of AP hotel rates for my dates? It appears I'll save $150 on the hotel. How much is the upgrade? Simply the difference in the price of the tickets? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm new at This!

Please confirm - I can upgrade my 3 day 2 park tickets (got the third day through a promo) purchased from a third party ticket seller (Visit Orlando) when I arrive to the lowest level of AP (Will be at Universal in about a week) and take advantage of AP hotel rates for my dates? It appears I'll save $150 on the hotel. How much is the upgrade? Simply the difference in the price of the tickets? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm new at This!

yes, you can upgrade your ticket when you get there and book the APH rate now. I bought buy 2 days, get 3 days free tickets last year from undercover tourist and upgraded us to the lowest pass (seasonal) for $23/ticket. I did it once we had used the ticket inside the park because people online said you’d get more value for the ticket. I have no idea if this is true but $23 to upgrade each ticket was great!

And you might know this, but you need to book APH rate before you go if there is one. You don’t automatically get it at the hotel.

I now see AP rates up through May 22.
Nothing for my week though of May 25-29. That's a holiday week. I'm guessing they don't usually offer AP rates for the holiday week? Does anyone know?
We're staying at Royal Pacific. Just a basic 2 queen room.

I'm also waiting for APH rates for 5/25-5/29. I currently have the SMSM rate booked but hoping to save a little bit more...

So much helpful info here - but lots to wade through! I haven't been on the boards in quite a while, and we are totally new to Universal planning. I had been wondering why there were no tickets for longer than 5 days, then I started seeing how an AP was cheaper than some 4-5 day tickets, so now we're looking into the AP.

We're thinking of staying ~7 nights, probably at Royal Pacific for the Express Pass perk, in late June. I had considered a split stay at Cabana Bay, partially due to cost but partially since the 5 of us will be pretty crammed in the standard double queen (DSx3 - ages 8,13,16) and the lazy river looked cool. But due to many comments I've read I'm wondering if that will be more trouble than it's worth.

Any idea when the AP prices generally go up? Or when we might see APH rates for late June - or won't summer be likely to get any? (just looking for ballpark guess as I have no clue)

Also was trying to figure out if we get the APs if we'd try to slip in another trip before they expire. They can't change the blackout dates for 2020 now that they've been posted, can they? Could they possibly black out late June plus all of July for 2021? Are October or November dates ever blocked out?

Thanks for any advice you might have for us! :)

So much helpful info here - but lots to wade through! I haven't been on the boards in quite a while, and we are totally new to Universal planning. I had been wondering why there were no tickets for longer than 5 days, then I started seeing how an AP was cheaper than some 4-5 day tickets, so now we're looking into the AP.

We're thinking of staying ~7 nights, probably at Royal Pacific for the Express Pass perk, in late June. I had considered a split stay at Cabana Bay, partially due to cost but partially since the 5 of us will be pretty crammed in the standard double queen (DSx3 - ages 8,13,16) and the lazy river looked cool. But due to many comments I've read I'm wondering if that will be more trouble than it's worth.

Any idea when the AP prices generally go up? Or when we might see APH rates for late June - or won't summer be likely to get any? (just looking for ballpark guess as I have no clue)

Also was trying to figure out if we get the APs if we'd try to slip in another trip before they expire. They can't change the blackout dates for 2020 now that they've been posted, can they? Could they possibly black out late June plus all of July for 2021? Are October or November dates ever blocked out?

I have done several split stays 2 nights deluxe, 3 nights CBBR. It has never been much of a hassle. Especially with 7 nights. I usually have a leisurely morning at the deluxe resort, then take my bags and get a ride over to CBBR in one of the black cars they have out front. Used to be free, now is $10+tip. I have been very lucky that my CBBR rooms have almost always been ready by 11 AM (no guarantees). I have never tried to have them transfer my bags.

I have no idea when AP prices will go up. I would definitely expect to see AP rates for June, but they are not usually better than a 5 day Stay More Save More rate that is available now. I did get a 5 day rate at CBBR recently that was better than the current SMSM rate however, so it can happen.

They sometimes change the posted blockout dates, but only to remove some, never to add additional dates. They generally have the same types of blockout dates each year for each type of pass. We had to upgrade DH's seasonal pass this year to a Power pass so he could get into the Studios on a Manheim Steamroller concert night (Sat/Sun starting in mid-November). While US and IOA are blocked out for July only this summer, Volcano Bay is currently blocked June 12- Aug 16

Maybe you prefer Royal Pacific, but just an FYI that with AP rates or SMSM rates, they aren't always the cheapest option, especially depending on when you book. (I think Royal Pacific fills up fast.) For us this time around, HRH has seen the best AP rates and Portofino has been about $10 higher. Royal Pacific hasn't even had any rooms that would fit 5 available that I have seen for AP rates. Anyhow, just to say that HRH and Portofino might be a consideration with larger rooms and not necessarily more expensive than Royal Pacific.

My February dates dropped $30 a night at Cabana Bay. Really great to see. Hoping something pops up for RPR/HRH/PBH but it's hard to beat $159 a night on a holiday weekend.

Hey ShaneW21, wondering what are your Feb dates? I’m there Feb 25-29 and hoping to see a little drop for those dates.

This may have already been answered but I will ask anyway. We have 2 nights booked at RPR for Nov (Thanksgiving timeframe) and I am looking at getting the Seasonal Pass to take advantage of the discounted hotel rates, if possible. If there is a discounted rate offered would I need to have already purchased the Seasonal Pass beforehand in order to get it? Would I be able to apply that discount to a room I have already booked or would I need to cancel and re-book? I'm not 100% sure how the process works in my circumstance. Thanks! BTW, the current rate we booked at was $409/nt.

You can book a room with the ap discount but need to show it when you check into the hotel so your prebooked room rate stays valid

Some peeps will show the voucher when they check in(or confirm email) and activate that ap at the park that day

Using your ap to enter the park activates your AP

Later in the day stop in at the check counter at the hotel and show your ap to the employee.

This will validate your pre booked rate will be honored

This may have already been answered but I will ask anyway. We have 2 nights booked at RPR for Nov (Thanksgiving timeframe) and I am looking at getting the Seasonal Pass to take advantage of the discounted hotel rates, if possible. If there is a discounted rate offered would I need to have already purchased the Seasonal Pass beforehand in order to get it? Would I be able to apply that discount to a room I have already booked or would I need to cancel and re-book? I'm not 100% sure how the process works in my circumstance. Thanks! BTW, the current rate we booked at was $409/nt.

Be careful if you are going to be at the parks on a weekend in late November and have the Seasonal Pass. Mannheim Steamroller starts their weekend concerts in Mid November and you'd be blocked out of the Studios those days.

Like Mac said, you don't need the AP in hand to book. You'll just need to be able to show it at some point while you are there.

Hey ShaneW21, wondering what are your Feb dates? I’m there Feb 25-29 and hoping to see a little drop for those dates.
Keep checking, daily if you can. My rate for Feb 3 just dropped Jan 8. The lowest price for standard rooms was there a few days, then disappeared again so I only saw poolside rooms. Today it says no rooms of any type available at AP rates at CBBR those dates! (Although RPR king room is available for $206 a night)

I had PBR Bay View 2 Queen room at $354 APH rate Feb 16-19 but just refreshed and found I could downgrade to a Garden View for $40/night cheaper so I did it. This morning when I checked there were only King rooms at $500+/night seasonal rate, so it really does pay to keep checking. I don't care much about the view lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter