*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

brought my heating pad to work today and only had some tylenol so I took that, I'm going to stop and grab some motrin on the way home or maybe go right home and ask hubby to pick it up. Either way I have to take it easy, I can't even imagine not being to ride my favorite rides next week!

read your post and thought how much it sucks and how much i can relate b/c I swear every. single. vacation - i end up pulling a muscle in my back right before. Sure enough, about an hour later, i pulled a muscle or got a spasm in my lower back or something. I wasnt doing a thing when it happened! I leave in 3 days, and it's killing me. I;m starting to wonder if it's related to the stress of a vacation or something because it happens every time.
Anyways, I feel your pain (literally).
I will be on my ice pack for the next 3 days.

Jumping in here. So I JUST booked a last minute trip August 28-31! Eek! 3 adults, 3 day park hopper staying at Pop. Couldn't pass up a great deal on non-stop flights, plus discounted room. Last chance to get away before my crazy fall season. But now I'm in panic mode! "WHAT DID I JUST DO?!"

I'm going to Disney World in 12 days! :cool1: I've never done a last minute trip before, so I'm trying to remember to be a little more flexible with planning... Whaa? :scared: ... So much to do, so little time! Wish me luck!

read your post and thought how much it sucks and how much i can relate b/c I swear every. single. vacation - i end up pulling a muscle in my back right before. Sure enough, about an hour later, i pulled a muscle or got a spasm in my lower back or something. I wasnt doing a thing when it happened! I leave in 3 days, and it's killing me. I;m starting to wonder if it's related to the stress of a vacation or something because it happens every time.
Anyways, I feel your pain (literally).
I will be on my ice pack for the next 3 days.

Oh no!!!! I jinxed you!! I got some tiger balm yesterday and this stuff is really amazing. I am not 100% yet but moving much easier than I was yesterday

8 more days, moving around a bit easier today thanks to motrin and tiger balm. Feeling a little panicked because I like to thoroughly clean the house right before the trip and should be getting things in order but I can't move, I dont want anyone else to do it either. Still want to take the dogs to get their nails trimmed, I need to get my eyebrows done, kids need haircuts. ugh maybe by this weekend.

Two more work days and one more sleep. Hard to believe it has pretty much arrived. This evening I get to check us in for our flight. I can definitely tell I prefer to plan further out so I am already looking at dates for 2018. But it was good to be able to do it this way as well. I was planning for us to go in November; but then I decided to look for a new job and figured it would be better to go before making that change. Plus the flights we got were really too good to pass up at $110 per person RT. It all just kind of fell in place especially with me having 2 days’ worth of passes from a cancelled trip. And having a beach trip planned for next weekend that I had to cancel when our high school moved dd’s freshman orientation dates.

We usually go for a week; but talking to my daughter we decided we would rather do a shorter trip than keep waiting. It’s been 3 years so I had decided we will just be happy to be there and not worry about what we get done. I’m sure we’ll get to our favorites. In that 3 years though, ds has grown 10 inches so we hope to do some new things as well. Soarin’ is on the list.

I asked my 14 year-old what she was most looking forward to and she said “Just being there and being free to believe in magic.”

My thoughts are the same. Raising them alone I have to be so many different things. Days where I can shed the rest including "driver" and just be mom are very freeing.

Now if I can just focus. As of yesterday it got much harder.

i'll need to get some tiger balm. I should bring my lumbar brace/support thing too, that does help a lot when walking around, but it will just be SO, SO HOT, I think it will be unbearable to wear it.

3 more work days including today! 3 more sleeps!

I need to take a picture of my suitcase for you all. It seriously is SO empty. I'm flabbergasted. I am ALWAYS the person who's suitcase is bursting at the seams, barely able to zipper. But it is so nice travelling in the summer bringing smaller clothing. All other times of year I throw in a few extra sweatshirts, just in case. A few extra long jeans, just in case. Now i just have 10 tank tops and 10 shorts/skirts (2 per day), and they take up a little tiny corner of my suitcase, lol. I know I won't be needing any sweatshirts or long pants "just in case", lol.

As we know afternoon rain storms are a given, I have purchased cheap ponchos for our family. Depending on the quality and amount of storms we have, may have to break down at some point for the Disney poncho. Anyone know how much they are in the parks? If my recollection serves, I believe when I got them in the past, that were like $12.

Jumping in here. So I JUST booked a last minute trip August 28-31! Eek! 3 adults, 3 day park hopper staying at Pop. Couldn't pass up a great deal on non-stop flights, plus discounted room. Last chance to get away before my crazy fall season. But now I'm in panic mode! "WHAT DID I JUST DO?!"

I'm going to Disney World in 12 days! :cool1: I've never done a last minute trip before, so I'm trying to remember to be a little more flexible with planning... Whaa? :scared: ... So much to do, so little time! Wish me luck!
You GO!!!! You'll be there the same time we are, yay :) So excited.

As we know afternoon rain storms are a given, I have purchased cheap ponchos for our family. Depending on the quality and amount of storms we have, may have to break down at some point for the Disney poncho. Anyone know how much they are in the parks? If my recollection serves, I believe when I got them in the past, that were like $12.

they're $8 in the disney store, I think that's about right for the parks.
https://www.disneystore.com/rainwea...-for-kids/mp/1343753/1003403/#longDescription

ETA: just noticed that's the kids one, the adult size probably cost more so maybe you were right about the $12. I buy them every trip, I never even look at the price, lol.

i'm planning to bring some cheapo dollar store ones to use for quick, light showers (and then throw them away) but also plan to buy the disney ones for longer/harder rains.

Last edited:
8 more days, moving around a bit easier today thanks to motrin and tiger balm. Feeling a little panicked because I like to thoroughly clean the house right before the trip and should be getting things in order but I can't move, I dont want anyone else to do it either. Still want to take the dogs to get their nails trimmed, I need to get my eyebrows done, kids need haircuts. ugh maybe by this weekend.

FYI, I just went and bought the tiger balm patch and put one and it is nice and cool! I thought it was going to be hot...... IDK how well this will stay on when walking around the parks and sweating, but I'll use a combination of the patches and cream/gel I guess.

they're $8 in the disney store, I think that's about right for the parks.
https://www.disneystore.com/rainwea...-for-kids/mp/1343753/1003403/#longDescription

ETA: just noticed that's the kids one, the adult size probably cost more so maybe you were right about the $12. I buy them every trip, I never even look at the price, lol.

i'm planning to bring some cheapo dollar store ones to use for quick, light showers (and then throw them away) but also plan to buy the disney ones for longer/harder rains.

Thank you! I'm also going to look up in our attic as we may have one or two salvageable from previous trips :-)

I asked my 14 year-old what she was most looking forward to and she said “Just being there and being free to believe in magic.”

My thoughts are the same. Raising them alone I have to be so many different things. Days where I can shed the rest including "driver" and just be mom are very freeing.
You and your DD sound just like me and my DS. He's now 10 and has been the man of the house almost his entire life so seeing him let go and just be a kid believing in magic is so beautiful. being able to let go of all the daily grind stuff that comes along with being both mom and dad myself is such a relief. Disney truly is like a healing balm for our souls

Hi All! We are leaving in 10 days and I can't wait. It's our kids' (DS6 and DD4) first trip! They still don't know yet, we're trying to decide how to surprise them. We're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. So excited. :tigger:

I planned a last minute (10 days out) trip for myself and 2 girls over spring break last year. lol I went with zero expectations and other than the constant rain, we did everything we wanted. I also didn't even feel like it was overly crowded considering we went over Spring break...we were at MK on Easter.

I say, relax and just enjoy it!

i leave in 3 days....and I'm sitting here changing all my FP times, lol. :rolleyes1 Just get me on the plane already!

LOL I'm right there with ya. Keep messing with FP times, and checking several times a day to move my BOG lunch earlier. 1:35 just isn't going to cut it - I need lunch by 11:30! If I can't change it, I'll just keep snacking until then :)

IMG_20170816_172851598.jpg

Everything but my toiletries! Which isnt much, I am low maintenance - no makeup or hair products. I'm flabbergasted...normally I am taking stuff out at the airport b/c it's so over packed, lol. I don't even own a smaller suitcase. If you can see, the bottom left quarter isn't even half full, it's just my fan and Frogg Toggs.

Safe travels-try not to melt as it is HOT!! Hoping for an early June trip next year-prefer that to August LOL! But we had fun and was nice to have breaks at pool every day.

If anyone is staying at CBR my DD starts custodial (College program) there-so say "Hi" -alysa from University of Arkansas! She is very tall (6'2") and thin-she is hard to miss LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter