**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

Please add me to the list!

We will be traveling August 14-August 21 - staying at DVC Vero Beach Resort (hopefully)

This will be our first time at that resort and it will be a bit bittersweet - it was supposed to be my MIL's retirement celebration after 40 years of teaching - but because of the stock market slam she is scared to retire and is holding it off for another year.

She still wants to go though because, well - obviously.

I think you are planning for WDW and not DL? I do hope you get to celebrate your MIL's retirement but certainly understand her hesitation.

I'm one of the Girl Scout people -- supposed to be there on the 29th, but not feeling optimistic, not that the park won't be open in some way, but that they won't have a large event such as the bridging and YES ceremony. Also not super thrilled that it is a Star Wars weekend, as that will add to possible crowds. I'm trying not to really think about it, as I really doubt we will make the trip as a Troop at this point

I'm one of the Girl Scout people -- supposed to be there on the 29th, but not feeling optimistic, not that the park won't be open in some way, but that they won't have a large event such as the bridging and YES ceremony. Also not super thrilled that it is a Star Wars weekend, as that will add to possible crowds. I'm trying not to really think about it, as I really doubt we will make the trip as a Troop at this point
Keep watching for updates on Star Wars Celebration and related news. Participants received an email telling them to watch for an update coming soon. It is possible the event will be postponed or cancelled outright. So the extra crowds might not be an issue for you.

As the phases roll out and timelines are stretched I thought I'd check in on the August peeps! I am not canceling until I have to, knowing that it may happen, but holding out hope until the end. We are looking at maybe doing a mid-Nov trip instead. My Flex Pass was set to expire on 9/21 but with that being pushed out we'll have more options. Anyone else looking at other dates as a backup?

I'm a little sad, my DD has never seen HM not decorated so I was looking forward to that in August. Sigh, there are much worse things in life than only seeing HM all decked out for holidays.

I still have my cancelable reservation at Fairfield for 8/10-16 (family of five, five day park hoppers). But even if the park is open, I am not really planning to go at that time anymore. I don't like the restrictions that will probably be in place if it is open. I don't feel like a Disneyland trip will be a break from reality in those circumstances.

I made another reservation in December, but we might not do that, either. I still hope they will extend the expiration on our tickets so I don't have to wait in line at the ticket booths to apply them to new tickets sometime next year.

I'm feeling very fortunate that I made a last-second trip with my senior daughter to celebrate her college acceptance at the end of February. Our last day was March 1, and it was the most lucky and magical day of all of our many trips to Disneyland. These are some of the things that happened to us that day:

1. Invited to drive the Mark Twain
2. Got the back of the monorail to ourselves
3. Became the rebel spy (daughter) on Star Tours
4. Had the park practically to ourselves because of a threat of rain (it became nothing but a light drizzle for an hour in the evening)
5. Walked onto many rides- even Smuggler’s Run!

I believe that we will enjoy our wonderful memories for the time being. But you never know-- we could come in August or December if it seems right at the time.

As the phases roll out and timelines are stretched I thought I'd check in on the August peeps! I am not canceling until I have to, knowing that it may happen, but holding out hope until the end. We are looking at maybe doing a mid-Nov trip instead. My Flex Pass was set to expire on 9/21 but with that being pushed out we'll have more options. Anyone else looking at other dates as a backup?

I'm a little sad, my DD has never seen HM not decorated so I was looking forward to that in August. Sigh, there are much worse things in life than only seeing HM all decked out for holidays.

I'm not canceling until I absolutely have to. Our stint at DLR is part of a much longer SoCal vacation that I've been so excited to go on since we changed our original summer plans in early February (we were going to do a Mediterranean cruise and canceled as soon as things started really ramping up due to the outbreak). So this was our plan B and it was shaping up to being amazing (my dh and dd have never been to California but I lived there until I was 16 so it was going to be a chance to share where I spent part of my childhood). Le sigh.

We're now on to a possible plan Z...maybe a stint in the OBX and trip down to WDW, since I feel more confident that will be open in time (though I'd feel safer in California---such a catch 22). I just need a vacation.

To answer your original question, if we're unable to go this summer to DLR, we will shift to August 2021 instead. I've already purchased our tickets and have no clue what I will have to do since they will be expired by then (they expire in January 2021).

I'm here for the long haul! I was contemplating a backup September trip if I just miss the park reopening dates, but I do have a December trip already booked in addition to August. The big question for me is when it would be safe for my mom to join me. She hasn't been to the parks in 35 years, so she'd like to go as soon as possible! I've already moved her to my December trip for now, since August will be more risky at her age.

We haven’t cancelled yet but being from Canada we’ll have to wait and see the logistics of cross border travel. I’m still hoping to go but am starting to accept it may not happen this year.

I'm remaining hopeful for our end of August trip. We also have 11/26- 12/3 planned so I'm hoping to get both done. Since we are going for 20 days I opted for getting us deluxe AP's so my only real concern at this point is that they are going to change blackout dates for APs which will mess up both trips.

We still have our early August trip booked, but I’m fairly certain it is not going to happen at this point. The plan is to wait to make any changes until after the 4th of July though! November is our next choice if August doesn’t work out so I am still hopeful we will get to go at some point this year!

It will also depend on how much is limited and restricted too. Since we come from out of state and only every year or two, it wouldn’t be worth it if too much was cut or cancelled. How they handle the capacity issue is a big one too - if it’s a first come first serve every morning and there’s a risk of not getting in we definitely won’t go.

Just switched our June trip to August 9-12 at the DLH. Celebrating my daughter's 20th birthday and my son earning his Eagle Scout award and graduating high school.

News from Dapper Days:

We're sorry to report our planned June events at the Disneyland Resort are now cancelled due to the resort recently announcing their closure is extending through June. However! In our discussions with Disney we feel there is a good chance we will be able to hold some sort of event at the resort in August (even if the parks are not yet open to full capacity). This would likely include a smaller DAPPER DAY marketplace with a limited number of exhibitors joining us instead of a full Expo with bands and dancing. We are awaiting the release of government guidelines so we can then design an event that can safely operate within those requirements. We hope to have more info at the end of this month regarding any potential Summer events for the Disneyland Resort, as well as the Walt Disney World Resort. Our November events for California, and Florida are still happening as planned and you may book your rooms at the links below. Convention-rate park tickets and Expo passes for November will be available online later this Summer. We have no information regarding potential park opening dates, but we expect when they do reopen, initial admission will be limited in some way as Disneyland did with the opening of "Galaxy's Edge", where Disney hotel guests were given priority...

News from Dapper Days:

We're sorry to report our planned June events at the Disneyland Resort are now cancelled due to the resort recently announcing their closure is extending through June. However! In our discussions with Disney we feel there is a good chance we will be able to hold some sort of event at the resort in August (even if the parks are not yet open to full capacity). This would likely include a smaller DAPPER DAY marketplace with a limited number of exhibitors joining us instead of a full Expo with bands and dancing. We are awaiting the release of government guidelines so we can then design an event that can safely operate within those requirements. We hope to have more info at the end of this month regarding any potential Summer events for the Disneyland Resort, as well as the Walt Disney World Resort. Our November events for California, and Florida are still happening as planned and you may book your rooms at the links below. Convention-rate park tickets and Expo passes for November will be available online later this Summer. We have no information regarding potential park opening dates, but we expect when they do reopen, initial admission will be limited in some way as Disneyland did with the opening of "Galaxy's Edge", where Disney hotel guests were given priority...

That's an interesting update, especially the part about Disney Hotel guests being given priority. I'm worried about our larger plans of traveling throughout southern California to be in limbo (along with DLR) due to the pandemic and closures and that we will have to reschedule for next August.

I do wonder if they're going to offer room discounts the way WDW has to entice people to make reservations for DLR?

We just booked August 21-23rd at the DLH. I am hoping we can go, we got a great deal on airfare with Southwest and this was the first time I have seen a standard view available at the DLH, they are usually sold out by the time we decide to go. My husband has always wanted to stay here and we are trying to celebrate his promotion at work so it would be great if it could happen. Personally, I am going to miss staying at The Grand Californian, but new is good too! I am going to call next month to reserve a cabana and pretend that the trip will happen as long as possible.

We are still scheduled for August but preparing to reschedule as the time gets closer. Don't want to do anything until we hear from Disneyland. ( I am double booked that week for a cottage getaway in our home state, but that can be cancelled as well.) If there are too many restrictions, it just doesn't seem worth it right now. Plus, I'm not sure if my work would have quarantine restrictions if I travel out of state. The plan would be to book DL next summer and whatever it is like then, so be it. Our reservations, flights and tickets are in limbo anyway.

Did anyone watch the video from Shanghai with their modifications for reopening? Other than requiring tracking of people with QR codes and temp checks of guests, the changes felt completely doable from a guest standpoint. The problem is I think WDW is closer to being open than DLR, even though I believe California is in a much better position related to the outbreak because of measures implemented early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!