**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

Our Alaskan cruise was cancelled on Friday so we will be rescheduling this trip to June 2021. The good news (for me) is that this trip is with 7 girlfriends and will now butt into my planned trip with my husband so now over a 7 week I will visit Disneyland, Seattle, Alaska, DC a ride through the Blue Ridge Parkway ending with 2 weeks at WDW and 4 days at Universal!

So in the end it all worked out.

Ok, I've got everyone added I think!

Good news about Dapper Days, I hope that plays out a bit and get a better understanding of how it will work. Still crossing my fingers and hoping for pixie dust. I did begin talking with DD about the possibility that it would have to be rescheduled. She took it better than I thought.

I called today and changed our rooms to the DLH. An extra treat...if we have to move it, and that's seeming more and more likely I now think we'd do a January trip. We're new to having to follow school calendars and after missing so much this year I don't think missing two weeks (thanksgiving and also a week of vacation) in November seems smart. Of course, this all greatly depends on how long our Flex passes are extended, and block out dates. So much up in the air.

But I'm not changing it until we have to. I want to wait and see.

For what it is worth, I was just told the go/no go decision for the Aug. 29 Girl Scout event is July 15th. That seems really far away, but I guess I'd rather have hope and not have it cancelled now.

Hi! We originally had an early June trip planned, but moved to August 1-5. Fingers crossed we are able to go. We all need a break and the happiness that the parks bring to us! Staying at the DLH.

Hi! We originally had an early June trip planned, but moved to August 1-5. Fingers crossed we are able to go. We all need a break and the happiness that the parks bring to us! Staying at the DLH.

Great! Got you added! Sorry it took me so long!

Well I am a little more cautiously optimistic after the news this weekend about phases and time frames. I know it can all change quickly, but I'm keeping my pixie dust at the ready. We had a county near us that was set to move into a Phase 2 but then had an outbreak so will remain at Phase 1. However, they are saying it showed how well prepared they were for things when it did happen. I am hopeful other places are similar. Maybe, just maybe, we're only a few months away from walk down Main Street!

Looks like the wife, brother, Brother-in-law, Sister-in-law, and myself will be in park the 24th and 25th of August, before attending Star Wars Celebration.

Here's hoping, anyways.

Please include me! We’ll be at the Grand Californian Aug 8-12. We hope!

Out list grows! I've added everyone who has joined us.

The news is looking good right now.

Of course, the news that opening could be soon also brings up so many questions... I think I may have the kiddo practice wearing a mask in the heat. I took her for a walk today, a warm 87 for us in Portland. She nearly melted. I am a California native, it's clear she is an Oregonian through and through. We're going to have to work on stamina and tolerance to make it through an August trip. At least there is always Dole Whip!

I am eager to watch WDW and their reservation process and thankful we have a little buffer of time.

Please add me to the August list. Our June 14-16 reservation was canceled yesterday. We’ll be at the DLH August 9-11.

Hi Everyone,

We have a trip planned to CA 8/19- 8/29. DL was planned for 8/19-8/22. I am really hoping it still works out, I would change those dates to whatever worked in our trip depending on what the status of the park is. This would be our family's first time at DL. We have been to WDW many times and on DCL three times. We had a quick WDW trip cancelled in March, rebooked that for Sept and now they have taken away the free dining offer, not sure we will still go or not. I just feel bad my kids have had so many disappointments lately. Fingers crossed this trip will be ok.

From the Disneyland Community Board:
More possible good news (pixie dust?!) for August peeps:

Fun speculation video from FBD. And my favorite of the comments so far from unknown source:
Busdriver73327 hours ago
We have been told to get all Toy Story buses prepped and ready to go for service. Buses are currently being fueled and a secondary deep cleaning is in effect so they are nice and shiny for the reopening. They have been sitting in the yard for nearly 3 months so they need to be defueled (because LNG fuel turns into a vapor from the liquid form) prior to being refueled. This process does take time and with 45 Toy Story buses that is why we have been told to start now. All indications do point to a July opening one would think. Either way we are bring staffing back for bus preparation which is a good sign. Fresh Baked!!!

One night of total escape from reality: August 14th Grand Californian
The lofty goals are: half day cabana, lots of meals at Craftsman, Tea Party and maybe if we are up to it, shopping in Downtown Disney. Mostly going to eat and drink at Craftsman. :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!