**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

Erin M

Mouseketeer
List and event news for August begins here!

8.1-8.5 Crystal1313 - GCH
8.1-8.6 - EmJ - PPH
8.1-8.8 majorasmask - GCH
8.2-8.8 - bethwc101 - DLH
8.3-8.15 - YukonMommy
8.4-8.11 - peterpanandwendy
8.6-8.8 - DontSpamMe - DLH
8.6-8.9 - cinder-ellah - GCH
8.6-8.9 - ashmac8 - DLH
8.8-8.10 - amyg1975
8.8-8.11 - mentos - PPH
8.8-8.12 - jkips - GCH
8.9-8.11 - disney789 - GCH
8.9-8.12 - edhom -GCH
8.9-8.14 princessme2114
8.9-8.12 - Laura_2222
8.9-8.13 - tsumgirl - DI&S
8.9-8.13-interstate70s - GCH
8.9-8.13 - MrsSLF - DLH or GCH?
8.10-8.12 - Laundress - DLH
8.10-8.14 - BespinFatigues - BWPPI
8.10-8.14 - waltonMKB - DLH
8.10-8.16 - YayforMickey - Fairfield Inn
8.10-8.16 - sweethannah - Residence Inn
8.10-8.18 - 2010_Bride
8.11-8.23 - prthomas - rental house
8.12-8.15 - 2Xited4Disney - DLH
8.12-8.16 - littlea905 - DLH
8.14-8.21 - Mouse13 - Hotel Indigo
8.15-8.18 - Andie272 - VGC
8.15-8.20 - Erin M - GCH
8.17-8.21- Poppins2008 - GCH
8.18-8.25 - Paigesmom2013 - Kings Inn
8.18 - 8.28 - Disney Lvr of Old - GCH - Star Wars Nite
8.19-8.22 mamapenguin - BW?
8.20-8.23 - Karin1984
8.21-8.29 - manicstreet
8.22-8.27 - andreana22 - Residence Inn - Star Wars Nite
8.23-8.28 - noee
8.24-8.25 - GuardianW -
8.25-9.3 - CdnCarrie - CCI
8.26-9.1 - doombuggy - Red Lion/Springhill Suites - Star Wars Celebration
8.27-8.30 - Astylla - DI&S - Star Wars Nite
8.28-9.1 - sgrap - VGC

Events and other news!

2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR
https://www.starwarscelebration.com -- at the ACC. Aug. 27-30. 2020 CANCELLED 6/15/20
HM usually goes down for the Halloween overlay installation sometime around the third week of August (20-somethingth) and comes back up the first day of Halloween Time.
The parks historically go to the non-peak schedule around the third to fourth week of August -- expect shorter hours, less staffing, refurbs, less entertainment, F! and fireworks on weekends only.
Blockout Calendar:
The lower AP blockout will begin to lift August 17th. This should have a noticeable effect on crowd patterns.

• After Hours: Star Wars Nite 8.27, SOLD OUT! - Disneyland, closes down the park - extra ticketed event -- Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite on August 27, 2020 CANCELLED 6/15/20
  • Disney has postponed until Saturday, August 29 a Girl Scout Bridging event that was to take place at Disney California Adventure on Saturday, May 9. CANCELLED 6/20/20
DLR Update 5/05/20:
A Message about Disney Parks from Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel

DLR Update 6/01/20:
Disneyland Resort Now Accepting Hotel Reservations for July 15 and Beyond

NEW! (7/16/20)
Update for GCH and PPH Reservations through 8/08/20:

Update for GCH and PPH Reservations for 8/01/20 and Beyond:
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to inform you that your upcoming visit with us will be impacted by several closures. We recognize that the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, and there are many factors that are helping us determine the timing of when various aspects of our business will reopen in a responsible way.

Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park remain closed and will reopen at a later date, pending state and local government approvals. The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are also closed and will reopen at a later date. Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this process as responsibly as we can.

Unfortunately, this means we are unable to accommodate your upcoming hotel room reservation. If you have already modified or cancelled your upcoming Disneyland Resort hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, no further action needs to be taken. If you’re interested in modifying your existing travel dates, reservations are currently available for travel dates August 1, 2020 and later.

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through July 31, 2020. If you are unable to reach us before your check-in date for such time period, you will not be penalized or assessed Disney-imposed fees for cancelling your Disneyland Resort hotel room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package after your check-in date.

Note that some package components are nonrefundable and subject to third-party operator cancellation policies. You should work directly with any third-party operators you have used to book any parts of your vacation package that were not booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company, including flights, travel protection and car rentals.

To cancel or modify your reservation, please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050 between the hours of 7:00 AM PST and 9:00 PM PST, 7 days a week. If you are a Canada resident, please call (800) 496-6337.

If you originally booked through a Travel Professional, please reach out to them directly if you have questions or would like to reschedule.

We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, just putting this here so I can easily update the list moving forward. My name is Erin! My 6 year old daughter and I are flex pass holders, cautiously hoping for an August trip. I know there is a good chance we won't make it, but it can't hurt to hope. I'll update the list as we add new people who are also hopeful like us. I can also remove people as plans change. These are strange times indeed, but at least we have each other!

In the meantime, we're making Dole Whip tonight to tide us over just a bit!

Hopping over to this new thread and crossing my fingers I don't have to reschedule the trip for 2021!

Hopping over to this new thread and crossing my fingers I don't have to reschedule the trip for 2021!
Me too! Fingers crossed, toes crossed! I find that even though I know I have to prepare for the idea that we will have to move our dates, I'm still dreaming about where we're gonna eat and making plans in my head for what bonus things we may do. Though that may change too as they open. I do wonder what it will be like when they do reopen. No matter what, it will be magic, just a little different for a bit I suppose.

Me too! At this point we're still hoping and waiting to see what happens but are thinking we may reschedule for Spring Break next year. DD is going into her first year of high school in September so we're trying to avoid pulling her out of school.

Add me! August 10-14 at DLH.

Got you added! Incidentally, noticed your name and wondered if you know about some of the stained and leaded glass on Main Street? It was done by a family I grew up with, last name Walton! They are based out of the bay area :) Just a fun fact in case Walton is part of your name!

Got you added! Incidentally, noticed your name and wondered if you know about some of the stained and leaded glass on Main Street? It was done by a family I grew up with, last name Walton! They are based out of the bay area :) Just a fun fact in case Walton is part of your name!
That is interesting! Walton is my maiden name, though I don’t know of any family in the Bay Area.

From this week's MP DLR Update:
Disney has also postponed until Saturday, August 29 a Girl Scout Bridging event that was to take place at Disney California Adventure on Saturday, May 9.

This is a good sign -- if Disney rescheduled this event to August, at least they think they might be open then. We can all hope, right? :)

Sadly, I went ahead and cancelled our trip for August of this year. Planning now for next year around the same time. I talked to my daughter and we would rather wait and have the parks back to normal with all of the activities instead of maybe getting into the park and once inside the wait times are ridiculous and there are no shows or fireworks. That's if the parks are even open in August which is a giant question mark right now.

Please add me to the list!

We will be traveling August 14-August 21 - staying at DVC Vero Beach Resort (hopefully)

This will be our first time at that resort and it will be a bit bittersweet - it was supposed to be my MIL's retirement celebration after 40 years of teaching - but because of the stock market slam she is scared to retire and is holding it off for another year.

She still wants to go though because, well - obviously.

I've updated the post with our additions and subtractions,

From this week's MP DLR Update:
Disney has also postponed until Saturday, August 29 a Girl Scout Bridging event that was to take place at Disney California Adventure on Saturday, May 9.

This is a good sign -- if Disney rescheduled this event to August, at least they think they might be open then. We can all hope, right? :)

Hoping this is good news too! Thanks for sharing it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!