Official Avengers 2017

I think this may be the slowest half I run... ever. I want to soak in all of the park time and take all of the photos, then bust out the city streets so I can finish strong. It's a sad day.... and I wish they'd have modified the fisting challenge medal because now there's no point to it and it's ugly. I feel bad for people who were collecting all 6 stones; they only get 4. There's so many cooler things they could have done. booo.
I forgot about the infinity stones. That really sucks. I wish I had been able to get to a DL race before this happened.

Well, I gave in and signed up for the half. For a year that was supposed to be a break from runDisney, I'm only running a challenge weekend and a half, so uh... that's how that went. I guess I'll now get my chance to have many years as a break from runDisney. :-/

The Avengers has been my favorite west coast race, so I decided to give in. My "restraint" was not doing the challenge. I'm going to run slow, soak it all in, probably cry at the finish line, and then spend my morning drinking at Trader Sam's.

I think this may be the slowest half I run... ever. I want to soak in all of the park time and take all of the photos, then bust out the city streets so I can finish strong. It's a sad day.... and I wish they'd have modified the fisting challenge medal because now there's no point to it and it's ugly. I feel bad for people who were collecting all 6 stones; they only get 4. There's so many cooler things they could have done. booo.

Same plan here! Enjoy the parks, take every pic I want to take, then get to work once we hit the streets. I'll enjoy Angels stadium too.

All right folks, I had mentioned earlier that we should try to do a race meet up and since this is our last Disneyland Race Meet Up.... let's get planning :)

Here are some options we can do to get the ball rolling
  • Thursday expo race pick up
  • Friday pre and post 5K
  • Saturday pre and post 10K
  • Sunday pre and post half

Ideas:
  • Meet in the Lilo area before and/or after the race with a sign?
  • Park time?
  • Beer time?
  • Something else?

it will be a race for all of us to see who can be the last finisher at the last Disneyland half marathon until who knows when LOL

The balloon ladies are the best - they're the 16 minute mile pacers and full of joy and encouragement. Time to cross off "finishing with balloon ladies" from your bucket list. :)

Seriously trying to figure out the logistics of photographing a wedding Saturday night in Temecula to being up in Anaheim Sunday morning for the Half Marathon so I can sign up and get one last DL race in........

Thanks for the heads up about the waivers. I'm in corral E for the half. This is the first time I'm doing a challenge and I see that it says the corral assignment is for the half only. How does it work for the 10k? Do we use the same bib?

Thanks for the heads up about the waivers. I'm in corral E for the half. This is the first time I'm doing a challenge and I see that it says the corral assignment is for the half only. How does it work for the 10k? Do we use the same bib?
Nevermind, found the corrals...I'm in G which is about where I sould be. Technically my POT was for F though.

Last edited:
Very disappointed in the spread for the corrals.... D for the half, with a 19 minute spread between 2:31 and 2:50. Probably won't be a 2:30 pacer at all. There's a 16 minute spread in the corral ahead, which doesn't seem safe at all!

It's going to be a very slow spread in the back half of the race corrals - very many 2:45 and slower people in the race.... time to throw in my earbuds and rock out my goodbye to Disneyland races.

You will have two letters on your bib. It'll say something like F/E or E/E or D/E. The first letter is your 10K assignment and the second letter (the one you're seeing now) is for your half marathon.

You will have two letters on your bib. It'll say something like F/E or E/E or D/E. The first letter is your 10K assignment and the second letter (the one you're seeing now) is for your half marathon.
Thanks! I'll have to make sure and keep the bib safe for the second race :)

I wonder if they'll finish the series in Florida. Who knows if they can do a marvel race or not out there...

So, I registered on the 14th, just last week. I went to print the waver and it says wavers up until registrations received by the 13th! So does that mean I'll find out my corral when I pick up my bib at the expo?????

Guess I'm going out with a bang for our last Disneyland race. Corral A for the challenge... I think I'll start toward the back of the corral so those crazy fast people don't take me out lol

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Dang dude - congrats on an awesome placement. Rush to those picture lines and do it right!

Soooo I normally stay within walking distance of the start line, because I like to roll out of bed and be there (mornings are hard!). Given the sold-out nature of those hotels, I'm staying farther away and driving in - any advice on how much time I should give myself in terms of getting into the lot/parking/etc? I have noooo idea what the traffic looks like on race morning for parking. Any tips for not accidentally getting caught in an area closed for the race, or anything else to be aware of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter