Official Avengers 2017

I'm in for the Thor 10K! I'm excited because I've run this race each year and it's always been a great time!
The past two years I've come with family and this year I'm brining along some friends.

About this thread... does the original poster want to turn it into the "Official" thread? Changing the title and adding some additional info up front? If not I'd be happy to make an "Official" thread in the next day or two and pull in any of the good info that has been posted in here. The current title just seems like some interested individuals may skip over this thread in hopes of finding a "official" one. :)

I'm in for the Thor 10K! I'm excited because I've run this race each year and it's always been a great time!
The past two years I've come with family and this year I'm brining along some friends.

About this thread... does the original poster want to turn it into the "Official" thread? Changing the title and adding some additional info up front? If not I'd be happy to make an "Official" thread in the next day or two and pull in any of the good info that has been posted in here. The current title just seems like some interested individuals may skip over this thread in hopes of finding a "official" one. :)

Somebody else started an "official" thread but just let it revert back to this as it's been the thread discussing the Avengers race. It seems to still be found.

If you'd like you might send OP a message on how you to change the title.

So when does everybody think we will see our medals? And what do you think they are going to look like?

Last year the medals were released August 26, which means we'll probably see a release on August 28th this year and see them in person during the Disneyland Half Weekend.

Our themes are: 5K Spiderman; 10K Thor; Avengers Half; Infinity Gauntlet Challenge.

The Avengers Half and Infinity Gauntlet shouldn't be changing too much this year, as typically the half medal has been some form of the Big A logo and the Gauntlet is the fist with a different colored infinity stone. Not sure what color they're doing this year, but we'll find out!

For Spiderman, probably something featuring Spiderman maybe sitting on a building or swinging between buildings would be super cool.

For Thor, would LOVE something with his hammer. They've done Thor as a 5K already, so hopefully it looks different than what is below:

Avengers-5K-Medal_590px.jpg

When does registration close for the Half? Or does it?

Last year I ran with folks who signed up two weeks before race day (for the half). I would be surprised if they were not trying to get people to sign up at the Disneyland Half next month. This is runDisney's least performing race weekend when it comes to participants.
I think its a great race with perfect weather and as a bonus, some holiday thrown in.

Don't forget Proof of Time deadline is next Tuesday, August 1. Log in to active and make sure your info is there!

THANK YOU for posting this. I'm not signed up for this race (yet) but am signed up for the Wine and Dine. Your post prompted me to check my proof of time and I was shocked to see that I hadn't entered one! Thank you so much for the reminder.

Does anyone know if you can walk to the corrals from the StayBridge Suites At the Park (the one behind the Mickey & Friends parking garage)? We normally stay over in one of the Harbor Blvd. so I'm used to that walk but I'm not sure if they block off that back area that leads up to the last couple of corrals or if we can just come in that way from the hotel.

Does anyone know if you can walk to the corrals from the StayBridge Suites At the Park (the one behind the Mickey & Friends parking garage)? We normally stay over in one of the Harbor Blvd. so I'm used to that walk but I'm not sure if they block off that back area that leads up to the last couple of corrals or if we can just come in that way from the hotel.

We stayed there last year and walked through Mickey and Friends to the corrals. It was easy and convenient.

So I was a little annoyed when I first heard they were changing the start time for West Coast runDisney races to 5:00 a.m. instead of the usual 5:30... It's already SO early, especially if you try to be there an hour early, etc. But I thought of one positive aspect of this change. The past two years I've been running with family members and we were always going a little bit slower so by the time we got to It's a Small World the Christmas lights had been turned off. I was always jealous of those first few runners that got their pictures with the lights all on. Well with a extra 30 minutes of dark I think this year I will finally get that picture! Plus it will be fun to have the other Christmas lights throughout the parks shining bright too!

Great - thx!

I need to correct myself slightly -- we stayed at the Springhill Suites, not Staybridge Suites, but it should be the same (or easier). Just walk west on Ball Road past the Best Western to the cast member parking lot entrance. There's a marked footpath that takes you straight to the parking deck, up some stairs, across the deck, and down the escalator.

Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn right beside the park? That's where I got my reservations at. It looked like there wasn't much left room wise anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!