***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

With free dining, value per credit goes out the window, so you are probably better paying OOP for one other meal than paying the OOP price for CP pkg. You could even just do a QS meal instead of a TS meals and really pay less. Book Via Napoli where you can easily share. The Plaza and Sci-Fi are also really inexpensive TS restaurants.
We are planning to hit Teppan Edo for CP. With free dining we are paying OOP for The Plaza which has become a must do for us. They have a delicious tuna sandwich and the brownie sundae is to die for.

Last edited:
@sharonabe
You previous stated in a prior comment
:
"PP is correct. You cannot turn a regular ADR into a package ADR; they are separate reservations. You'll have to wait until the packages are put into the system...…"

I understand your comment, however our ADR day is tomorrow morning and the dining packages have not been released. To me that means the restaurants are going to be booking times that will then no longer be available for the package.
Is the situation that the packages will only be available for what's left when they come out? Or do the restaurants set aside times only for packages?

Thank you in advance for you assistance :)

Doug :goofy:

@sharonabe
:
"PP is correct. You cannot turn a regular ADR into a package ADR; they are separate reservations. You'll have to wait until the packages are put into the system...…"

I understand your comment, however our ADR day is tomorrow morning and the dining packages have not been released. To me that means the restaurants are going to be booking times that will then no longer be available for the package.
Is the situation that the packages will only be available for what's left when they come out? Or do the restaurants set aside times only for packages?

Yes, the restaurants set aside times only for CP packages.

@sharonabe
:

I can’t give you a specific answer, but for our Epcot day (11/26) we were able to book Rose and Crown for 6:00 pm. That’s on our list of places to try so that adr was good for us. Now I’m hoping that we can get a package time close to that when they are released. Anyway, 6:00 and other times did show at 180 + 10. Not sure if that helps.

We booked a "regular" dinner reservation for Biergarten. We'll drop it when the CP packages become available. Probably there are many, many people in this situation, so lots of regular ADRs will open after packages are announced.

Awhile back I had a "regular" reservation and called to try to change it to a package dinner for a show, and I was told that I couldn't do that -- it's a separate offering. Just FWIW....

I now totally want to attend JBJB...does anyone know approximately when tickets for this go on sale?
Last year they went on sale at the beginning of August. I’m really hoping I don’t have to wait that long this year!!

Any one know what comes with the dining part of the plan? Assuming it must be only certain things on the menu or is it a seperate menu all together? Is it an entree and dessert and non alcoholic beverage? I am looking at Nine Dragons specifically.

Any one know what comes with the dining part of the plan? Assuming it must be only certain things on the menu or is it a seperate menu all together? Is it an entree and dessert and non alcoholic beverage? I am looking at Nine Dragons specifically.
Generally it should be the whole menu. In the past it included: Appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage.

Will the bookings for CLP packages be known ahead of time or do you just find out the day the bookings start? Where on the MDE, or website do you go to book the packages

I am thinking it will be listed as one option “Candlelight Dining Package” then there will be a drop down where you pick which restaurant. That is how you do it for Fantasmic and Rivers of Light.

This planning is getting addicting. lol So does this happen every year and is it only one night or every night? How early do you have to get there to be close enough to see the water? Any tips and suggestions please. Just looking to spend a few days during the season and to get the most out of the Christmas magic. Looks amazing.
Epcot Holiday IllumiNations 2015 Finale

Last edited:
This planning is getting addicting. lol So does this happen every year and is it only one night or every night? How early do you have to get there to be close enough to see the water? Any tips and suggestions please. Just looking to spend a few days during the season and to get the most out of the Christmas magic. Looks amazing.
Epcot Holiday IllumiNations 2015 Finale

Candlelight Processional takes place three times a night EVERY night from Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve.

Why do you want to see the water?? The show is in the outdoor theater at EP and the stage pretty much blocks the view of the water.

Oh no my post was confusing. I want to see the Candlelight Processional but I was also looking at utube on Epcot Holiday Illumination which is what I was referring to for the water. Also the River of Lights looks cool at AK. So many things to do and only there a few days.

Oh no my post was confusing. I want to see the Candlelight Processional but I was also looking at utube on Epcot Holiday Illumination which is what I was referring to for the water. Also the River of Lights looks cool at AK. So many things to do and only there a few days.
Holiday Illuminations is AMAZING. I've been watching Illuminations yearly since forever, but the first time we watch holiday Illuminations I literally wept at the finale. It was like the sky was ON FIRE. I hope it's still around this year but I've heard rumblings on Illuminations going away soon to make way for a new show.

Holiday Illuminations is AMAZING. I've been watching Illuminations yearly since forever, but the first time we watch holiday Illuminations I literally wept at the finale. It was like the sky was ON FIRE. I hope it's still around this year but I've heard rumblings on Illuminations going away soon to make way for a new show.

If it's any comfort, those rumblings have been around for YEARS. With all the other new stuff coming online in the next few years, I don't see how they have time or money to rework this right now. I think it'll be there for a few years yet.

@sharonabe
:

Book your meals. I was not able to book Coral Reef, it was not available at all. I think that as soon as Disney gets it all finalized they will not only release the packages to book, but will open up the inventory for non CP dinners.

I do book a place holder for my EPcot nights, as much as possible, and then when the packages open I decide when and where we will go and drop that place holder.

FWIW I was able to book my ADR’s that I wanted for my Epcot days including Rose and Crown and Trattoria. Once the CP pkgs come out I will be adding and dropping my ADR accordingly depending on day and time that works. Point is I agree that your gonna see ADRs open up after the CP pkgs are out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!