***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

I personally wouldn't do Nine Dragons - IMO it's the worst of the Epcot restaurants.
Thanks! We are trying to eat at every Epcot restaurant at least once to experience it for ourselves. I know some have very bad reviews and may end up an epic waste of money. Maybe I will save it for an OOP at least then we don't have to pay quite as much and hate it. LOL!!!!

FWIW I was able to book my ADR’s that I wanted for my Epcot days including Rose and Crown and Trattoria. Once the CP pkgs come out I will be adding and dropping my ADR accordingly depending on day and time that works. Point is I agree that your gonna see ADRs open up after the CP pkgs are out
I also had no issue getting a Via Napoli ADR for Dec 15th. I'll be doing what @jbhodj says :)

Doug :goofy:

Thanks! We are trying to eat at every Epcot restaurant at least once to experience it for ourselves. I know some have very bad reviews and may end up an epic waste of money. Maybe I will save it for an OOP at least then we don't have to pay quite as much and hate it. LOL!!!!
Makes sense haha! I don't think the food is terrible, it's just generic. But if you're trying them all, you have to try them all! :D

I tried Nine Dragons a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I went with one of my best friends who is from China, and she liked it, too. I say go for it, especially since it's a cheaper option for the CP.

The thing about reviews is that they are totally subjective. Tony’s TS for instance has a solid base of love but just as many flame it to ashes.

For many the theme the service the location pricing and general atmosphere make up for some sub par food items at many eateries.

I admire the fact that your going and trying it and then you can decide yourself nosh or not. Cheers

Can someone clarify how dining time is related to CP performance time? I understand that we will need to eat before the performance, but what if we select a breakfast? Does that mean we would need to attend the first performance? Or do you get to choose?

I tried Nine Dragons a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I went with one of my best friends who is from China, and she liked it, too. I say go for it, especially since it's a cheaper option for the CP.

I avoided Nine Dragons for years (based on reviews). When I finally did try it (3 or so years ago) I REALLY liked it! Have been back several times since and have never been disappointed!

Can someone clarify how dining time is related to CP performance time? I understand that we will need to eat before the performance, but what if we select a breakfast? Does that mean we would need to attend the first performance? Or do you get to choose?
Breakfast does not necessarily mean you will get the first show time. When the dining packages "go live," you will be able to see the CP packages along with regular ADRs options on MDE. When you choose the restaurant / time you want to dine, it will show you both CP packages and regular dining for that time. Once you click on the CP package as your choice, it will tell you what show that dining choice is connected to. If you don't like the show time given, you can try refreshing or going back out to select a different dining time to see more show options.

Hope that helps?

Does it appear similar to F! Dining Packages where it is listed as one option and then there is a drop down option where you pick your restaurant?

I don't believe so. Can't say for sure for this year, but in the past you go through the regular dining reservations link for each restaurant. For example, if I wanted a breakfast CP package at Garden Grill, I would try making breakfast reservations on Garden Grill. When I select the time and number of people, it would show me both the CP option and the regular dining option. I would then select the CP option. Make sense?

Unless, of course, they change how they offer it this year.

Breakfast does not necessarily mean you will get the first show time. When the dining packages "go live," you will be able to see the CP packages along with regular ADRs options on MDE. When you choose the restaurant / time you want to dine, it will show you both CP packages and regular dining for that time. Once you click on the CP package as your choice, it will tell you what show that dining choice is connected to. If you don't like the show time given, you can try refreshing or going back out to select a different dining time to see more show options.

Hope that helps?

Thanks - that does help. I'm hoping to make a breakfast reservation for the CP package, but then I also want to make a dinner reservation somewhere -- which is hard not knowing which CP show we will get a package reservation for. Is a particular CP time typically more popular/harder to get?

Hubby likes Chinese food, and we ate at Nine Dragons for CP when we went. He was happy. But then he is a basics guy....definitely not a foodie. BTW, I always have a look at the menus with him before we go, so that helps any decision we make.

How is Garden Grill for lunch? My mom is a REALLY picky eater, so that's one of the few that will work. I can find lots of reviews for breakfast, not much for later in the day......

Do you have to have a dinner reservation for reserved seating at the CP? Looking at these menus I still haven't found one I really like. Breakfast sounds better.

Thanks - that does help. I'm hoping to make a breakfast reservation for the CP package, but then I also want to make a dinner reservation somewhere -- which is hard not knowing which CP show we will get a package reservation for. Is a particular CP time typically more popular/harder to get?

I have been wondering this too. For those who have done CP, which time do you prefer and why? We are planning/hoping to get Christmas Eve, if that makes a difference.

Do you have to have a dinner reservation for reserved seating at the CP? Looking at these menus I still haven't found one I really like. Breakfast sounds better.
They have a bunch of places with CP packages for breakfast or lunch. You should check the list from last year to see which ones are available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter