***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

We like Akershus for the variety of breakfast items and the Princess experience but have not been able to book it (or Garden Grill) for breakfast on 11/28 - even with a TBD narrator.
That’s the same day I need a PPO Breakfast...I thought for sure something would open up when the CP packages did. I’m hoping for either, and that around 60 days out they may open up once people book their FastPasses.

I was double booked and dropped a Garden Grill breakfast today. Was tweaking all my plans and got everything set up well so I dropped the GG breakfast which was not needed. It was Dec 23 10:20 for 4 and a 5:00 showtime.

Does anyone know what the latest ADR time for Coral Reef would work for a 6:45 CP?

I was hoping for around 5, but I’m not sure how early we need to be in line for the CP. we have a CP package at Garden Grill for breakfast.

Does anyone know what the latest ADR time for Coral Reef would work for a 6:45 CP?

I was hoping for around 5, but I’m not sure how early we need to be in line for the CP. we have a CP package at Garden Grill for breakfast.

You need to be in the line at least 30 min before, and that's pushing the limit, IMHO. So a 5:00 ADR won't work for the 6:45.

You need to be in the line at least 30 min before, and that's pushing the limit, IMHO. So a 5:00 ADR won't work for the 6:45.

Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. I’m going to switch it to 4:30 to give us a little more time. I hate that it is so far away from the CP, but that’s where we want to eat dinner! (I am really trying to minimize back-tracking and stuff on this next trip but sometimes it just can’t be helped!)

Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. I’m going to switch it to 4:30 to give us a little more time. I hate that it is so far away from the CP, but that’s where we want to eat dinner! (I am really trying to minimize back-tracking and stuff on this next trip but sometimes it just can’t be helped!)

Who is your narrator?

It is yet to be determined.

Do you think 4:30 is early enough or should I try for something earlier?

Sorry, I headed to bed last night before I checked back here.

I don't know. Maybe ask in another thread what Coral Reef's wait to be seated times are like. If you're seated on time, you're probably fine. However, with three courses, you need at least an hour. Since you pay the same no matter what you order, ask for your check when you're seated and settle up then, so when you're done eating you can leave. I know it's only 15 min, but 4:15 would be a more comfortable time difference for me especially if your TBD turns out to be someone really popular.

I see from prior posts that in 2017 they didn't finalize the narrator list until mid-October. However, does anyone know if they had updates between the initial list and the final? Our possible dates to see the CLP are 11/24-11/30 and we are at least hoping 1 of the possible 2-3 TBD's is known to at least narrow down our selection before our fast pass booking window opens at the end of next month. I thinking knowing if they typically fill these in as they are determined will allow me to decide whether I just finalize our plans blindly or not.

Thanks for any insight!

It is yet to be determined.

Do you think 4:30 is early enough or should I try for something earlier?
Disney will make you get a ADR 2.5 hours before the showtime so the latest you will be able to get for 6:45 is 4:15

I don't know. Maybe ask in another thread what Coral Reef's wait to be seated times are like. If you're seated on time, you're probably fine. However, with three courses, you need at least an hour. Since you pay the same no matter what you order, ask for your check when you're seated and settle up then, so when you're done eating you can leave. I know it's only 15 min, but 4:15 would be a more comfortable time difference for me especially if your TBD turns out to be someone really popular.

Thanks! I did see 4:15 available, so I might switch it.

Disney will make you get a ADR 2.5 hours before the showtime so the latest you will be able to get for 6:45 is 4:15

Our CP package is for Garden Grill breakfast, so I don’t technically need to make it 2.5 hours out. But it does help knowing those are the parameters Disney set for spacing. Thanks!

I agree.

Back in 2012 we had a 5 PM ADR at CR for the last CP show. We checked in 30 minutes early because CR tends to back up quickly, and were seated almost immediately. We were so glad we did! Our meal was leisurely, and not all on our part. The staff was BUSY! Anyway, we left after dinner, the waiting area was crowded. WE meandered to the WC and got in line for NPH, about 45 minutes prior. The line was already formed and getting longer. I prefer to have plenty of time and not be rushed, than race through a very expensive meal.

Thanks! I did see 4:15 available, so I might switch it.

I would.

I see from prior posts that in 2017 they didn't finalize the narrator list until mid-October. However, does anyone know if they had updates between the initial list and the final? Our possible dates to see the CLP are 11/24-11/30 and we are at least hoping 1 of the possible 2-3 TBD's is known to at least narrow down our selection before our fast pass booking window opens at the end of next month. I thinking knowing if they typically fill these in as they are determined will allow me to decide whether I just finalize our plans blindly or not.

Thanks for any insight!

Yes, there were a few updates between June and October last year. We are going the same dates as you and are also hoping for some slots to be filled soon!

I posted this in the december cancellations thread, but if anyone is looking for a garden grill CP package...

CP breakfast package at Garden Grill for three, I would like to cancel by Wednesday. PM me to coordinate :)

The Garden Grill Candlelight Breakfast (6:45PM Show)
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018 8:45 AM
Time: 8:45 AM
Guests: 3 Adults

Does anyone have a recommendation for which showtime is best? We are taking a Thanksgiving trip, so we are planning on seeing the processional the day after Thanksgiving. Currently, we have two dining package reservations, one is for the 6:45pm show and the other is for the 8:15pm show.

Does anyone have a recommendation for which showtime is best? We are taking a Thanksgiving trip, so we are planning on seeing the processional the day after Thanksgiving. Currently, we have two dining package reservations, one is for the 6:45pm show and the other is for the 8:15pm show.

My family prefers the later show, however that is because we also stay for Illuminations. I would choose the show that works best for your family and the plans you have in place.

Okay, not scrolling through 72 pages of posts to find this answer....(sorry!)....

We booked the lunch we want (Spice Road Table), 1 p.m. (is that a horrible idea?? We'll be in Epcot already....) and it gave me the 5 p.m. CP show. We do plan to stay for IllumiNations.

Can we call and get the time switched, if one of the later times is available? We don't plan on riding a lot of the rides in Epcot, mostly just wandering World Showcase and seeing all the sights. But also don't want to be rushing to lunch, rushing to CP, rushing to see the park, rushing to IllumiNations....Thoughts??

Okay, not scrolling through 72 pages of posts to find this answer....(sorry!)....

We booked the lunch we want (Spice Road Table), 1 p.m. (is that a horrible idea?? We'll be in Epcot already....) and it gave me the 5 p.m. CP show. We do plan to stay for IllumiNations.

Can we call and get the time switched, if one of the later times is available? We don't plan on riding a lot of the rides in Epcot, mostly just wandering World Showcase and seeing all the sights. But also don't want to be rushing to lunch, rushing to CP, rushing to see the park, rushing to IllumiNations....Thoughts??
A 1PM lunch is a good time because you can get rides in before the waits shoot up in the afternoon. It should take about 1 hour at Spice Road for lunch. That means you should get done around 2PM and have about 2 1/2 hours before you need to be at the theater. For walking sake, I'd just stay in World Showcase. There's plenty to fill in those 2 1/2 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter