OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

We will be there 12/2-12/12. We did 10 days last year too. We bought AP's at that time so we want one more good use out of them. Some people think 10 days is crazy but I called it our "stop and smell the roses" trip. Our first big vacation without kids. Very relaxing. Lots of hand holding, nice dinners, just going with the flow!!

Indeed, you will enjoy this version of WOC much more than the one you saw on your last trip. :rotfl2:

That we will! :woohoo:

We will be there 12/2-12/12. We did 10 days last year too. We bought AP's at that time so we want one more good use out of them. Some people think 10 days is crazy but I called it our "stop and smell the roses" trip. Our first big vacation without kids. Very relaxing. Lots of hand holding, nice dinners, just going with the flow!!

That is awesome! We did 10 park days when we did our big blow-out trip to Orlando - 3 days at Universal/Islands of Adventure and 7 in the Disney parks. You'll be able to really take your time and enjoy everything about the parks and not feel rushed :thumbsup2

Yay! Sounds fantastic! If people think you are crazy for doing 10, they'd think the same for me...I'm there 12/2--12/14. I have an AP as well, am able to make the time to go then (which feels like a luxury after years of working at places where December was part of our busy season & time off was forbidden), am flying quite a distance and got a good deal on the hotel...so I'm doing 12 days (7 of the days with my mother, who also wants to have a nice, relaxing Disney vacation).

I love being able to take it slow at what is such a busy season. I did 8 days on my last trip (Halloweentime) and loved being able to take my time, take breaks back at the hotel when it got busy, and visit with local family without feeling like I was losing precious park time because we were visiting at times when the park is usually slow. Have a good trip & enjoy smelling those roses!

~Meg

Just wanted to give the heads up to anybody who wants to do Breakfast with Santa at Catal, I got an email that tickets have gone on sale. If you book by July 31st, you also get a $30 gift card to the Patina group of restaurants. Unfortunately the dates don't work for us, but it sounds like an amazing experience!

ETA: it says presale, so I don't know if it's linked to my email or if anybody can book. If you can't, sign up for emails with them!

https://patina.social/catal-restaurant-breakfast-with-santa/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CHOOSE YOUR DATES&utm_campaign=Catal Christmas in July - 2ND EMAIL

My husband and son and I will be going from November 17-22. We have been to Disney World many times but have never been to Disneyland. We are BEYOND excited since my 5 year LOVES Carsland!
Oh you are going to love it! There are two ways into Carsland. It is fun to enter by the Carsland sign and looking at all the stores, but if you enter through the food court area on Paradise Pier at night...it will take your breath away.

We loved our longer visits. It is a different kind of holiday when there is no pressure to get everything done. I am a little worried as this is our first Christmas visit and there are so many new things to see, but we are doing dining pkgs. for all the shows and will use MP and single rider. We have tickets for 5 days but we are in the area for 17 days so we may buy tickets for an extra day if we don't get everything done.

We loved our longer visits. It is a different kind of holiday when there is no pressure to get everything done. I am a little worried as this is our first Christmas visit and there are so many new things to see, but we are doing dining pkgs. for all the shows and will use MP and single rider. We have tickets for 5 days but we are in the area for 17 days so we may buy tickets for an extra day if we don't get everything done.

Sounds like you have a great game-plan and it is nice that you have the flexibility to add days if you feel you missed out on something :thumbsup2

Yay! Sounds fantastic! If people think you are crazy for doing 10, they'd think the same for me...I'm there 12/2--12/14. I have an AP as well, am able to make the time to go then (which feels like a luxury after years of working at places where December was part of our busy season & time off was forbidden), am flying quite a distance and got a good deal on the hotel...so I'm doing 12 days (7 of the days with my mother, who also wants to have a nice, relaxing Disney vacation).

I love being able to take it slow at what is such a busy season. I did 8 days on my last trip (Halloweentime) and loved being able to take my time, take breaks back at the hotel when it got busy, and visit with local family without feeling like I was losing precious park time because we were visiting at times when the park is usually slow. Have a good trip & enjoy smelling those roses!

~Meg

I hear you about not being able to take off in December. I used to work in retail so I was not allowed to take off during the months of November or December, since I now work in a field where I am able to take off during Christmas my family is taking full advantage of it :cool1:. Christmas and New Years will be spent in DLR this year :woohoo:.

I also have to agree with the fact that longer stays are great because it really allows you to stop and take in everything. Our December trip will be our third trip to DLR and each time we go it is for 10 days. We love to go to the parks in the morning, head back to the hotel after lunch for some R&R, and then go back to the parks for dinner and the night time festivities. We do not have APs and since we are staying at PPH, we purchased a hotel package with 5 day PHs which will allow us to have a couple days off in between park days to be able to sight see off property :goodvibes.

Out of the blue my husband looked up and told me to book for New Year's Eve. I didn't even question him, I just did it. We have been on New Year's Eve twice before and it was pure madness. Wonderful, beautiful, madness. Staying at Castle Inn, hoping it isn't too far of a walk.

Last edited:
Out of the blue my husband looked up and told me to book for New Year's Eve. I didn't even question him, I just did it. We have been on New Year's Eve twice before and it was pure madness. Wonderful, beautiful, madness. Staying at Castle Inn, hoping it isn't too far of a walk.
Do you spend NYE in DL?
I would love to hear about it. I am still on the fence between DL and DCA:sad2:

Do you spend NYE in DL?
I would love to hear about it. I am still on the fence between DL and DCA:sad2:
Yes, both times we spent it in Disneyland and it was the most crowded I have ever seen it, literally packed like sardines from the castle all the way to the park entrance. You could barely maneuver on Main Street, my husband got trapped back by the lockers for a good 30-45 minutes. Even though it was sheer madness it was still a lot of fun. They had a band on stage in front of the castle, giant countdown clocks and they give out hats and horns. The fireworks at midnight were fantastic. There is some special merchandise you can purchase (of course). Dinner reservations are an absolute must so you can be assured a place to sit. The first time we did not make reservations and finding a table was an adventure. We also made sure not to leave the park after noon, knowing it would reach capacity. Our last time doing it was 2014/2015 so it was before they changed the pass levels, so it's possible it will be less crowded this year, but I very much doubt that. I think we will probably do DCA this time for New Year's Eve festivities just to see the difference and, of course, you can have some champagne if you are in DCA.

Yes, both times we spent it in Disneyland and it was the most crowded I have ever seen it, literally packed like sardines from the castle all the way to the park entrance. You could barely maneuver on Main Street, my husband got trapped back by the lockers for a good 30-45 minutes. Even though it was sheer madness it was still a lot of fun. They had a band on stage in front of the castle, giant countdown clocks and they give out hats and horns. The fireworks at midnight were fantastic. There is some special merchandise you can purchase (of course). Dinner reservations are an absolute must so you can be assured a place to sit. The first time we did not make reservations and finding a table was an adventure. We also made sure not to leave the park after noon, knowing it would reach capacity. Our last time doing it was 2014/2015 so it was before they changed the pass levels, so it's possible it will be less crowded this year, but I very much doubt that. I think we will probably do DCA this time for New Year's Eve festivities just to see the difference and, of course, you can have some champagne if you are in DCA.

This is very interesting, thank you for the information. I have been contemplating which park we should ring in the new year. Both parks seem like it will be a fun place to be that night. I will definitley make sure to get dinner reservations no matter which park we will be in :goodvibes.

You are braver souls than me and mine, we avoid crowds as much as we can. We were at WDW a few years ago in early December and made the mistake of attempting the Magic Kingdom the day they were filming the Christmas Parade for airing on ABC on Christmas morning. We tried to hang for a while but ended up beating feet out of there, the crush was just too intense and DW was in an ECV :crazy2: :eek: :scared:

Hello All! I am a lover of maps and a lover of Disney. The Disney sites have an amazing graphic overlay tied into Google maps but have never offered us the ability to download it for ourselves. So I spent some time taking screen shots in a grid pattern until I had this map:

Disneyland-Map.jpg

But I wanted more! So I zoomed in and after capturing and assembling 98 images I came up with this, which on the surface looks the same, only without the property labels:

Disneyland-Map2.jpg

HOWEVER, when you zoom in to the16MB large format version (which you can CLICK HERE to download) you will find that you can see that it shows every ride, every restaurant, everything in the parks and hotels! I think it has a much cleaner layout than the maps they hand out and will be having one printed at Staples for our trip.

I hope you all enjoy it! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter