OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

True, I realize everyone has their own sense of "value". I have two kids under 10 so maybe it wasn't as painful. I think it was $187 or something for our family to do it, which to me, seemed reasonable considering all that goes into it (and just getting a big breakfast).

Yes, Ralph's will be doing a gingerbread thing. I called them to inquire and they weren't sure on their dates but they put me on their email list for when the event goes on sale. Call them and see if you can get added. I think the spots fill up fast because it's only like 4 days the whole month.

ETA Maybe the price was different for our weekend. Maybe closer to Christmas is more expensive?

If it were under $200 I'd think it was a great value too! Hubby could eat his weight in breakfast I think, ha! Maybe it is just a standard increase of prices over each year, and I get that, but it just seems very expensive at $75/adult for a breakfast. I don't think I've even had a dinner that cost that much. You never know, though, I might get another bunch of back pay, and then I'll just use some of it for that because it sounds like something my family would like very much.

I'll keep my eye open for Ralph's. I don't know if they'll still be doing it the week we're there as it's pretty close to Christmas when we arrive.

Assuming that Christmastime will end on Sunday the 7th... I was wondering does WOC go down at all for a length of time to change back to the regular show starting the 8th?

Since WoC is a projection/water show, there's no down time in switching from one show to another.

So my trip for Christmas time is officially booked:cool1::woohoo::santa: We will be staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South. Flights were paid for today as well. There are some good deals on Southwest. I was able to get flights from SJC to SNA for $59 each way and utilize miles so didn't pay much out of pocket. It's been a long time since I have been at Disney for the Holidays so, we are beyond excited!! Can't wait to see the holiday parade!!!

So whats everyones favs at Christmas time. Being our first time at Christmas (we have done 6 trips for 32 days) so we have seen and done most. My wife is most looking forward to just the decorations. I really want to see the themed rides (Jingle Cruise, Small world, Haunted House.. is there any more?) My kids want to do screaming as their finally past the woohoo line. And my youngest will probably just love the Christmas parade! What is it you love most about the Holidays at DL? ps. I'm also looking forward to the food!!!

So whats everyones favs at Christmas time. Being our first time at Christmas (we have done 6 trips for 32 days) so we have seen and done most. My wife is most looking forward to just the decorations. I really want to see the themed rides (Jingle Cruise, Small world, Haunted House.. is there any more?) My kids want to do screaming as their finally past the woohoo line. And my youngest will probably just love the Christmas parade! What is it you love most about the Holidays at DL? ps. I'm also looking forward to the food!!!
Listening to the Dapper Dans sing Christmas carols!

So let's say the dates we are thinking are Dec. 30th through January 5th. Would Christmas disappear that fast after New Years where we would miss it during our trip or the tail end of our trip? Any insight would be very much appreciated!

This will be our first time going during the holidays too :goodvibes. The things I am most looking forward to are:
- All the wonderful holiday treats that DL and DCA have to offer
- Checking out the Festival of the Holidays in DCA (if they are going to do it again this year, that is)
- All the beautiful Christmas decorations not only at the parks, but at the resorts too
- Watching the holiday parade down Main Street
- Riding, Jingle Cruise, Holiday IASW, Holiday HM
- Seeing the characters dressed up in their holiday attire
- Just being at DL park on Christmas Day, and then ringing in the New Year at DCA...we have never done anything like this before, and something we get to check off of our Disney bucket list for sure :cloud9:

So let's say the dates we are thinking are Dec. 30th through January 5th. Would Christmas disappear that fast after New Years where we would miss it during our trip or the tail end of our trip? Any insight would be very much appreciated!

No, Christmas time goes until the 7th I believe?

My favourite is the Burma Vista Street Community Bellringers to give them their full name! Just wonderful.

I haven't done it before but I am looking forward to the food festival again, we did do the spring one this year and it was soooo good!

I'm doing my darnedest to talk DH into going Dec 8-11. He's afraid he'll get "Disneyed out", because we're going in September and again in April, both times for a week. We've never gone more than once in any given year before.

Just today he went from "no, it's too often", to "maybe, let's not write off that idea".

I just want to see it all done up for Christmas. I was there once before for Christmas - 40 years ago, in 1977!!!

I'm doing my darnedest to talk DH into going Dec 8-11. He's afraid he'll get "Disneyed out", because we're going in September and again in April, both times for a week. We've never gone more than once in any given year before.

Just today he went from "no, it's too often", to "maybe, let's not write off that idea".

I just want to see it all done up for Christmas. I was there once before for Christmas - 40 years ago, in 1977!!!
Your schedule is similar to mine. Sept in Halloweentime if you go later in the month which is awesome! We're going in Oct. And Dec for Xmas time and March or April for spring time. We went a couple years ago during spring break and like doing the Eggstravaganza egg hunt. Its me & DD only trips but we're both adults and still enjoying the activities for all ages. Especially trick or treating at the Halloween party. We never get tired of Disney and are trying to utilize our AP's. We also went this summer as well. So as long as your love for Disney is strong I don't think you will get tired of it.

Also the Dec time you are referring to looks like a slower time as opposed to Xmas week etc. Hotel rates are really good.

Yes, we have gone at Halloween time before and loved it. The only times (in this century!) we've gone are Halloween and spring. It's just DH and I - our kids are grown, but we are taking them, and their SOs, next April. I've booked the GCH for September and BWPPI for April (because we need 3 rooms and 3 rooms at the GCH would probably put us in the poor house, lol), but will have to decide where to stay in December if I manage to talk him into it!

Yes, we have gone at Halloween time before and loved it. The only times (in this century!) we've gone are Halloween and spring. It's just DH and I - our kids are grown, but we are taking them, and their SOs, next April. I've booked the GCH for September and BWPPI for April (because we need 3 rooms and 3 rooms at the GCH would probably put us in the poor house, lol), but will have to decide where to stay in December if I manage to talk him into it!
I feel ya... I always try to price out good deals on hotels. I splurge more when its just me & DD. When we all go (5 in our family) our boys are 16 & 18 then I have to find a better priced hotel. We're going 12/13-12/17 and were able to get a room at Embasy Suites South for $119 for 2 double bed suite/$94 for a long suite as opposed to their regular $180 a night and a fireworks view room. Which was a great deal. So, there are great rates at this time. Your dates are right before mine so, I'm pretty sure the rates are really good. I booked through hotels.com. Best of luck talking DH into going.:o

I've been at Halloween time for the past two years so I'm really excited to hit up Christmas!

I think the kids are most excited for the rides - Screamin' (because we missed it last time) and Big Thunder. They're just excited to go period! I think they'll love the decorations, especially in Cars Land. Oh, I just remembered, my oldest DD wants to catch at least one Parade this time around too.

I think Hubby will like the Jingle Cruise as he liked the regular one a lot, and he'll probably camp out at the Corn Dog wagon because he loved them last time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the characters in their holiday outfits and trying the different food. We're also going to have two character meals (once I can book them) - Breakfast at Minnie's and a new one for us at Storyteller's. I'd like to book WOC Dessert but we'll have to see how the exchange is looking closer to the booking time.

We missed so many rides last time we went as a family, we'll have to make a list and prioritize them so we don't forget any.

Just booked Candy Cane Inn for Dec 15-17 for a quick weekend trip! We will not be renewing our APs when they expire in February, so I convinced my DH that we need to go for a quick visit because I won't be able to see the Christmas decorations again for a few years. I'm hoping for some new fun stuff!

Your schedule is similar to mine. Sept in Halloweentime if you go later in the month which is awesome! We're going in Oct. And Dec for Xmas time and March or April for spring time. We went a couple years ago during spring break and like doing the Eggstravaganza egg hunt. Its me & DD only trips but we're both adults and still enjoying the activities for all ages. Especially trick or treating at the Halloween party. We never get tired of Disney and are trying to utilize our AP's. We also went this summer as well. So as long as your love for Disney is strong I don't think you will get tired of it.

Also the Dec time you are referring to looks like a slower time as opposed to Xmas week etc. Hotel rates are really good.

I feel ya... I always try to price out good deals on hotels. I splurge more when its just me & DD. When we all go (5 in our family) our boys are 16 & 18 then I have to find a better priced hotel. We're going 12/13-12/17 and were able to get a room at Embasy Suites South for $119 for 2 double bed suite/$94 for a long suite as opposed to their regular $180 a night and a fireworks view room. Which was a great deal. So, there are great rates at this time. Your dates are right before mine so, I'm pretty sure the rates are really good. I booked through hotels.com. Best of luck talking DH into going.:o

It's looking like we will be going in December - December 9-12 (can only take 2 days off because that's all the vacation we have left for the year). He still wants me to wait until we're back from our September trip before we book, but we'll be booking through Westjet vacations. They have several different ones, but will have to wait and see what's still available mid-September when we're back. The good thing about booking through them is that t's in Canadian dollars, so no crazy exchange rate to worry about, at least for the flight and hotel.

Here's a silly question - how do we get a ride on the Columbia? Last time we were too busy and didn't get a chance to hit up the Mark Twain or Columbia, and when I was there last year, they were both tied up due to RoA being out of bounds.

Here's a silly question - how do we get a ride on the Columbia? Last time we were too busy and didn't get a chance to hit up the Mark Twain or Columbia, and when I was there last year, they were both tied up due to RoA being out of bounds.
You just have to wait until it comes into dock. The Columbia picks up and unloads passengers at the same dock as the Mark Twain (in Frontierland). Just note that they don't always run the Columbia, so check to see if you see it in dock over by the Haunted Mansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!