OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Me and my little princess will be there Nov. 22-25 @ Sheraton Garden Grove. Time to scope out a place to eat for Thanksgiving!! So excited to skip all the cooking this year!:yay:

Baring any major changes from previous years, Santa meets in both DCA and DL. He's in Critter Country in DL (replaces Pooh and friends). Over in DCA, he's in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail area.

Last edited:
I believe every hotel has a Santa. I am sure someone with first hand knowledge will be able to confirm.

What is the best way to make a dinner reservation for NYE? Calling or online? Also, if parks are at capacity NYE can you still get in if you have a dinner reservation? Thanks!

Baring any major changes from previous years, Santa meets in both DCA and DL. He's in Critter Country in DL (replaces Pooh and friends). Over in DCA, he's in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail area.

Oh no! Where does one meet the Pooh and friends then? My DD loves Piglet and we have tried to see him several times over the years (at least 4 times over the last 3 years). Guest Services keep on telling her that Piglet is "so shy that he stays at Hundred Acre Woods." She was so excited to see that Piglet rotates with Rabbit and was prepared to look for him.

I can’t see the Ralp Brennan’s workshop on the website, does anyone know how to book please.

The poster is from a previous year. Dates for this year have not been announced yet, but I talked to them last week. Dates will be announced by the end of the month and tickets will go on sale in November. I will post here as soon as I hear anything.

How far ahead will they release parade/fireworks times for December? It's stressing out this WDW over planning ADR maker. :hyper:
Hours have only been released through 11/30 as of today. About 6 weeks out. I swear I saw some parade and fireworks times yesterday but not this morning. But the website is wonky this morning (shocking, huh?).

Let's just say they aren't in any hurry to commit to hours at DLR. It's a lot different from WDW in that regard.

What time does the online dining open up in the morning? We make our dining reservations starting on Wednesday and with the time of year that we are going to be there, I want to make sure I am online right when it opens up :goodvibes. We live in the Central time zone, so I know I won't have to wake up super early, like I do when I make reservations for WDW.

What time does the online dining open up in the morning? We make our dining reservations starting on Wednesday and with the time of year that we are going to be there, I want to make sure I am online right when it opens up :goodvibes. We live in the Central time zone, so I know I won't have to wake up super early, like I do when I make reservations for WDW.
Honestly? It's so not necessary, I don't even know the answer! :rotfl:And yes, I'm a former WDW visitor as well.

Book your special events first (Fantasmic dinner package, WOC dessert party). But even those won't be gone so fast that you need to set an alarm.

I'm going!party:Can I add you to the list of crazy people who are going for the holidays!

Mommy2PrincessAbby...Nov.2-3

katiexlovesxdisney...Nov.3-11...

Malcon10T...Nov.9-12...

2wordsforyou...Nov.9-12...7

dolewhipdreams...Nov.15-16...

chttyangel...Nov.13-15...

nikerbokers...Nov.14-17...CCI

AnneUCSB...Nov.16-17...CCI

danceanddisney2010...Nov.16-20...GCH

calimama...Nov.16-20...PVI

Andrea0710...Nov.17-22

biochemgirl...Nov.18-23...

DisneyJamieCA...Nov.19-25...

Bossy22...Nov.12-20...

CandyMouse...Nov.21-24...

audrianna890...Nov.21-24...

Malcon10T...Nov.22-26...

Shellyred8...Nov.24-30

atisikitabasket...Nov.25-Dec.1...

lilsassymom...Nov.25-Dec.2...DH

Sparrow78...Nov.25-Dec.2...HoJo

disland7...Nov.26-Dec.1...GCV

mnmrmustard...Nov.26-Dec.1...Desert Palm Inn & Suites

Iwanthony...Nov.26-Dec.2...GCV

Rhebot...Nov.26-Dec.2...Hyatt House

catmegs..Nov.27-Dec.2...GCH

Our Aussie Six...Nov.27-Dec.3...Hyatt House

Elk Grove Chris...Nov.28-Dec.1...Grand Legacy

Disney Liz...Nov.28-Dec.4...GCV

Lolly&Rue...Nov.29-Dec.3...DLH

cinder-ellah...Nov.30-Dec.3...GCH

pattyduke34...DLH...Nov.30-Dec.5

JBF 1982.....Dec.1-3...BW Stovall's

Malcon10T...Dec.1-3...

Rainy Day Pixie...Dec.1-3...still climbing the hill!

mlnbabies...Dec.1-4...BWPPI

krispin41...Dec.1-4...DLH

chirurgeon...Dec.1-7...BWPPI

valiamo...Dec.1-7...

Malcolm10t...Dec.2-3...

scrapshappen...Dec.2-3...

amyg1975...Dec.2-4...

poppins2008...Dec.2-7...Camelot Inn

siskaren...Dec.2-8...Hilton Anaheim

blondietink...Dec.2-8...Camelot Inn

egritz...Dec.2-9...Tropicana or Desert Palms

Disney-&-Baseball...Dec.2-12...

Yusani...Dec.3-7...

Vettegirl...Dec.3-7...

Mintycake...Dec.3-9...

millie0312...Dec.3-14...

Dizme...Dec.4-7...GCH

NewbieMouse...Dec.4-8...BWPPI

bethannie203...Dec.4-8

Squeezle...Dec.4-9...First wedding anniversary!

Mickeybell...Dec.4-9...CCI

dec2009mama...Dec.5-9...

StephieLou...Dec.5-12...Hilton Anaheim

farmfresh...Dec.6-

DizneeRailFan62...Dec.6-10...Hilton Anaheim

DL_Forever...Dec.6-13...GCV

Forcingmagnolia...Dec.7-9

Kristie101...Dec.8-11...Hojo

haileymarie92...Dec.8-14...Getting Married Dec.9 in DTD!!!!❤

JeannieJay...Dec.9-12...Tropicana

nicolita3...Dec.9-12...PP

dcraythorn...Dec.9-12...ALO in Orange...celebrating 60 fabulous years!

only1mouse...Dec.9-13...GCH

jlhinvegas...Dec.11-14...

MaleficentRN...Dec.11-15...GCH....celebrating her 50th bday

ksunwb...Dec.12-17...Marriott

GenGen22...Dec.14-17...Embassy Suites Anaheim South

tiffjoy...Dec.15-17...CCI

rentayenta...Dec.15-17...GCV

jenbright...Dec.15-19...PPI

MacMama0930...Dec.16-19...GCH

Morningsun70...Dec.16-22...

Soccerluvinmama...Dec.17-19...

Disneymom20...Dec.17-28...

are you ready...Dec.19-21...

DizFan13...Dec.19-23...HOJO

Susie63...Dec.20-23 & Dec. 30-Jan.4...CCI... celebrating DH 50 & DD Sweet 16❤

Pyrotechnictigger...Dec.21-Jan.2...Hilton Anaheim

SDSUMom...Dec.22-29...

bandaidqueen...Dec.23-26...GCH

Canadian Harmony...Dec.23-30..DI&S

blue888...Dec.23-30...DLH

Mickey&JoshNut...Dec.24-27...PPH

PoohsFan1...Dec.24-Jan.1...DLH

katyringo...Dec.26-31...HOJO

jeepnjudy...Dec.26-Jan.2

o&smom...Dec.27-Jan.1...

uneekstylez...Dec.27-Jan.1

Piglet99645...Dec.28-Jan.3

MontanaFmly...Dec.29-Jan.1

mpadilla89...Dec.29-Jan.2...

ParkHopper1...Dec.30-Jan.1...Courtyard Anaheim

taffy...Dec.31-Jan.6...PPH

BandMom1...Jan.1-8...GCV

Dopey1980...Jan.2-5...
djb Nov 28 Dec 5 Disneyland

Online reservations normally come up at 3 am. But there are times when they dont- so if you go online at 330, and it seems all is sold out- that is most likely not the case- they just havent released the ressies yet.

In case this helps anyone else....I just called to book the River Belle Terrace Premium Fantasmic seating during Dec. I had noticed that Fantasmic was showing every day on the schedule during parts of Nov and assumed it would also play every day during the Christmas rush time. However when I tried to book for Dec 18th the cast member let me know that from what she could see it would only play on the weekend. I ended up booking for Dec 17th.

Honestly? It's so not necessary, I don't even know the answer! :rotfl:And yes, I'm a former WDW visitor as well.

Book your special events first (Fantasmic dinner package, WOC dessert party). But even those won't be gone so fast that you need to set an alarm.

Yep, I had no trouble booking either the Fantasmic dinner package or the WOC one. (I'm also in the central and I think I did it in the morning before work, but I definitely didn't get up earlier than normal.)

Online reservations normally come up at 3 am. But there are times when they dont- so if you go online at 330, and it seems all is sold out- that is most likely not the case- they just havent released the ressies yet.

Yep, I had to wait until I was 59 days out to book Fantasmic because it wasn't released at 60 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter