OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Looks like Disneyland may be closing earlier than prior weeks the week of December 18th- or at least December 18th itself. The two Mondays prior- the last reservation at Blue Bayou is 10 pm-but on the 18th the last reservation is at 8 pm. Assuming that means an earlier closing time for the park. World of Color Dessert Party ressies are earlier that day compared to prior weeks, too. Calendar only goes to that Monday, so will see about the rest of the week as reservations open.

We are going December 22-27, staying at PPH.

This will be the Forth Christmas visit for my oldest daughter, my parents and I and the third for my two younger children. Last one was 2013.

2011 we stayed at PPH, 2013 at DLH. We’re super excited to be returning to PPH as it is our favorite.

Susie, thanks for all your work on this thread. I actually did the thread for Holiday/December 2013 and it seems much more complex now! (I can’t seem to recover my old account)

Looks like Disneyland may be closing earlier than prior weeks the week of December 18th- or at least December 18th itself. The two Mondays prior- the last reservation at Blue Bayou is 10 pm-but on the 18th the last reservation is at 8 pm. Assuming that means an earlier closing time for the park. World of Color Dessert Party ressies are earlier that day compared to prior weeks, too. Calendar only goes to that Monday, so will see about the rest of the week as reservations open.
I called today to reserve the World of Color Dessert Party for December 19th. The only option was 7:30 for the 8:15 show. I was told that California Adventure will be closing at 8:00 and Disneyland will be closing at 9:00.

We are going December 22-27, staying at PPH.

This will be the Forth Christmas visit for my oldest daughter, my parents and I and the third for my two younger children. Last one was 2013.

2011 we stayed at PPH, 2013 at DLH. We’re super excited to be returning to PPH as it is our favorite.

Susie, thanks for all your work on this thread. I actually did the thread for Holiday/December 2013 and it seems much more complex now! (I can’t seem to recover my old account)
Thanks. I enjoy it. I spend so much time on here reading it is nice to give back.

I called today to reserve the World of Color Dessert Party for December 19th. The only option was 7:30 for the 8:15 show. I was told that California Adventure will be closing at 8:00 and Disneyland will be closing at 9:00.

Those closure times seem early for December 19th - hmmm....

Christmas party for staff maybe? Private parties are usually just one park.

Getting a bit worried that the community bell ringers aren’t appearing on any of the entertainment hours as of yet. Everything else confirmed for DCA seems to be on there.

Can anyone confirm what drinks are served at the WOC dessert party? I would like to book this for our trip, but DD has difficulty drinking anything carbonated and the website states that they will serve "sparkling drinks." I am hoping for hot cocoa or even water would be fine with her.

Oh no! Where does one meet the Pooh and friends then? My DD loves Piglet and we have tried to see him several times over the years (at least 4 times over the last 3 years). Guest Services keep on telling her that Piglet is "so shy that he stays at Hundred Acre Woods." She was so excited to see that Piglet rotates with Rabbit and was prepared to look for him.
You can usually find Pooh, Eyeore, Piglet, and Tigger in Critter Country, by the store at the exit from Splash Mountain. The characters change every 15 to 20 minutes in the summer and about 30 to 40 minutes during the winter months. On the Disneyland App they have constant updates on where characters are in the parks, and they are usually accurate.

Finally getting serious about planning. We booked flights yesterday and waited a little too long and our outbound day got very expensive. It was cheaper to come in a day earlier and spend another night. Darn! LOL. So we are coming in Nov 30 and staying 1 night at Tropicana, then moving to Courtyard Marriott for Dec 1-4. Excited to stay there!

My questions:
What time does IASW light up? Dusk?

Same with Carsland?

I know jingle cruise is a no go (boo!). Any new overlays in DCA?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm what drinks are served at the WOC dessert party? I would like to book this for our trip, but DD has difficulty drinking anything carbonated and the website states that they will serve "sparkling drinks." I am hoping for hot cocoa or even water would be fine with her.
They definitely have hot cocoa :). They have bottles of water they will give you (complementary). They also have coffee and alcoholic beverages for adults.

Hi Everyone! I see there will be lots of folks from disboards traveling to DL. I'm wondering if any of you more knowledgeable people can help me. We are WDW regulars, and I've had the luxury of knowing how things work most of the time. This will be our second trip to DL. The first was kind of a flop as DH and I did both parks super rushed while he wasn't feeling well. This time we will be there with my in laws (who are locals, but NEVER go to DL), and our 3 year old and infant daughters. Are there any lesser known activities or awesome photo ops for young children? Do they have babycare centers at the DL/CA parks? Are there any cute Christmas themed character meets? TIA!

Hi Everyone! I see there will be lots of folks from disboards traveling to DL. I'm wondering if any of you more knowledgeable people can help me. We are WDW regulars, and I've had the luxury of knowing how things work most of the time. This will be our second trip to DL. The first was kind of a flop as DH and I did both parks super rushed while he wasn't feeling well. This time we will be there with my in laws (who are locals, but NEVER go to DL), and our 3 year old and infant daughters. Are there any lesser known activities or awesome photo ops for young children? Do they have babycare centers at the DL/CA parks? Are there any cute Christmas themed character meets? TIA!
Be sure to visit Santa. He's in the parks, as well as the onsite resorts (different times at each locations).

And the classic characters should be in Christmas attire in Town Square. Check the app. They are in and out all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter