** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!! We have a family trip planned for Nov 29 thru Dec 10. We are doing a split stay between Saratoga and Boardwalk. Bringing all the kids and Grandkids for a wonderful trip. Because all Disney trips are wonderful!šŸ˜Š

Canā€™t wait to see all the decorations since we have never been at this time of the year. Letā€™s all start planning and thinking positively!
I think you may want to post your dates on the WDW board. This is the thread for Disneyland. Happy travels!

Short story- Dec 18-22 BW Anaheim (fingers and toes crossed)

Long story- I was supposed to undergo extensive back surgery *tomorrow* that would require a six month recovery. Due to covid 19, my surgery has been indefinitely postponed while operating rooms are only available for life threatening emergencies. If the surgery gets rescheduled before mid June and it's safe to travel by December, we are still on. I really hope it happens! We've been planning this trip forever, it will be our first time going during Christmas and our last trip together before my oldest leaves the nest.

My tickets expire at the end of the year. I was relived when DL announced they would honor them through 2021, and then very disappointed when they changed that statement last Friday. I bought my tickets at a good discount, so the upgrade would cost several hundred dollars if we aren't able to use them this year. Praying everything falls into place, it's crazy how much life has changed in a few short weeks!
A little update to my own post. I crossed my first hurdle last week when I finally had surgery. I lost feeling in my leg, so I ended up in emergency surgery to salvage what was left of the nerves. Sounds awful, I know, but seriously it was an answer to prayers! I'm home, feeling really good, and dreaming of Disney trips!
I just wish a had a crystal ball and knew what the covid situation will look like by DecemberšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø. The time I've spent in the hospital in the last week has convinced me that I'm definitely not a mask wearer, so if it comes to that, I'll probably postpone. With tons of time to waste online I've also just about convinced myself that I deserve a bahamas cruise in June of 2021šŸ˜‚. I need 2 trips to look forward to just in case the 1st one fall through, right!?

A little update to my own post. I crossed my first hurdle last week when I finally had surgery. I lost feeling in my leg, so I ended up in emergency surgery to salvage what was left of the nerves. Sounds awful, I know, but seriously it was an answer to prayers! I'm home, feeling really good, and dreaming of Disney trips!
I just wish a had a crystal ball and knew what the covid situation will look like by DecemberšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø. The time I've spent in the hospital in the last week has convinced me that I'm definitely not a mask wearer, so if it comes to that, I'll probably postpone. With tons of time to waste online I've also just about convinced myself that I deserve a bahamas cruise in June of 2021šŸ˜‚. I need 2 trips to look forward to just in case the 1st one fall through, right!?
So happy to hear you are doing well and had your surgery!! No plan away, hey we can always keep moving our dates if we need to but planning to me keeps me going between trips.

First ever trip to Disneyland and first ever Christmas trip to Disney in general. We go to to WDW 1-2 times a year with our family of 5 and sometimes my Mother In Law. This will be a surprise trip for the kids and I'm super excited. We just booked it about 30 minutes ago staying 12/28-1/2 at the Portofino! Can't wait!

First ever trip to Disneyland and first ever Christmas trip to Disney in general. We go to to WDW 1-2 times a year with our family of 5 and sometimes my Mother In Law. This will be a surprise trip for the kids and I'm super excited. We just booked it about 30 minutes ago staying 12/28-1/2 at the Portofino! Can't wait!
I've added you to the list! You'll love the holidays in the park...it's extra magical with all the decor, special treats and ride overlays!

The Portofino is right next door to the 24/7 CVS and across the street from the 24/7 Walgreens -- very convenient for simple groceries, snacks, sundries, and any little things you might have forgotten to pack!

I'm not sure how I missed your post, but I'm so happy you were able to have your surgery! I hope your recovery is going well. Planning another trip will definitely help your healing process!

December 1-5. Staying at Desert Inn. Postponed June trip. Have a Halloween one too. Hoping to go at least once this year. We will see. Iā€™d go just for SW holiday. šŸ˜

So glad to hear that your surgery was successful and that you are feeling better! Great news!

Dec 28-Jan 1 for the DS and I at the Candy Cane Inn. We rescheduled our June tripā€”a celebration of his HS graduation. Weā€™ve never been to Disney during the holiday period. Looking forward to a new Disneyland experience!

Edited again: I booked Paradise Pier Grand Californian for Dec 7-11. We'll see how the rest of the year goes with social distancing, etc. Not gonna lie, I don't mind wearing a mask if the parks are limited to 25% capacity.

Last edited:
Edited again: I booked Paradise Pier Grand Californian for Dec 7-11. We'll see how the rest of the year goes with social distancing, etc. Not gonna lie, I don't mind wearing a mask if the parks are limited to 25% capacity.
I've added you to the list! And might I say...that's a very nice hotel upgrade šŸ¤©

I agree...I'll do anything they ask for the chance to go with lowered capacity. It'll be like rope drop crowds all day long!!!

Congrats on crossing your first hurdle! Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of fun planning your next trip.

I've added you to the list! And might I say...that's a very nice hotel upgrade šŸ¤©

I agree...I'll do anything they ask for the chance to go with lowered capacity. It'll be like rope drop crowds all day long!!!
Hopefully, but looking at Shanghai, lines can still get long. Even with less people, certain rides are running with fewer passengers and loading slower due to sanitization. But at least it should make for good pictures, less congestion at the Bengal BBQ/Indiana Jones/Tarzan bottleneck and finding open dining reservations will be easy.

Hopefully, but looking at Shanghai, lines can still get long. Even with less people, certain rides are running with fewer passengers and loading slower due to sanitization. But at least it should make for good pictures, less congestion at the Bengal BBQ/Indiana Jones/Tarzan bottleneck and finding open dining reservations will be easy.
Oh yes, I meant less congestion in the walkways, space to breath and stroll through the parks, and less bottlenecks trapping people from moving. I feel more relaxed during rope drop and at the end of the night, because people are more spread out. I agree...the rides themselves will probably have longer waits due to the reasons you mentioned.

Oh yes, I meant less congestion in the walkways, space to breath and stroll through the parks, and less bottlenecks trapping people from moving. I feel more relaxed during rope drop and at the end of the night, because people are more spread out. I agree...the rides themselves will probably have longer waits due to the reasons you mentioned.
I'm curious to see whether max pass or virtual queuing will be available. If so, we could still see pretty short lines.

I'm curious to see whether max pass or virtual queuing will be available. If so, we could still see pretty short lines.
It's exciting now that news is being released for WDW. I'm not sure how it will translate over to DL, but with the anticipated reduced capacity, I'm hopeful that we'll still be able to have productive days at DL. At least for our December group, we'll probably have ample time to hear others' experiences, and come up with touring plans to maximize our days in the park.

I've added a link to the first post.

DLR Update 5/26/20:
Update on Disneyland Resort Operations

The most relevant changes seem to be the addition of a COVID-19 Warning, and extensions for promotional tickets. Regular single and multi-day tickets, as well as Military Salute tickets, will still expire on their original dates.

As announcements are made specific to Disneyland, I'll do my best to keep the first post updated with the latest news. If you see anything not listed in the first post, please share it with the group, and I'll do my best to update it quickly. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!