** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got word today that my son's university will be doing what most universities have decided to do, which is move to virtual classes and finals after the Thanksgiving break. This is both good and bad news for me. The good news is that he is able to and wants to come with us and I am so happy about that! The bad news is now I have a bunch of stuff to stress about.

I need to get him added to our VGC reservation (which shouldn't be a problem). He also doesn't have tickets. My daughter and I already have 5 day tickets linked to us on the app. The fact that the doesn't have tickets makes me nervous for when park reservations come out! Also, my daughter and I have already purchased airline tickets and got an insane deal. I just checked the prices and they are now outrageous (we're flying the Monday after Thanksgiving). So that's another thing to worry about-if I should buy now or see if they come down in price at all.

On a positive note, I started following #grandcalifornian on Instagram and scrolled back through and saw a bunch of photos from holiday time that made me so excited to go! I hope this trip works out. Sorry to everyone who has had to cancel!

Last edited:
Unfortunately we've decided to cancel this year's holiday visit - heartbreaking. It's hard to see the trip not feeling like a shadow of what we are used to, and we're going to wait it out until things stabilize a bit. :worried:
I've removed you from the list. I'm so sorry you've had to make such a difficult decision. My mom was going to come with me in August, and we pushed it to December, and now she's cancelling for the same reason - she wants the full experience. Big hugs to you and your family!

We just got word today that my son's university will be doing what most universities have decided to do, which is move to virtual classes and finals after the Thanksgiving break. This is both good and bad news for me. The good news is that he is able to and wants to come with us and I am so happy about that! The bad news is now I have a bunch of stuff to stress about.

I need to get him added to our VGC reservation (which shouldn't be a problem). He also doesn't have tickets. My daughter and I already have 5 day tickets linked to us on the app. The fact that the doesn't have tickets makes me nervous for when park reservations come out! Also, my daughter and I have already purchased airline tickets and got an insane deal. I just checked the prices and they are now outrageous (we're flying the day after Thanksgiving). So that's another thing to worry about-if I should buy now or see if they come down in price at all.

On a positive note, I started following #grandcalifornian on Instagram and scrolled back through and saw a bunch of photos from holiday time that made me so excited to go! I hope this trip works out. Sorry to everyone who has had to cancel!
That's so awesome that your son will be able to join your trip! Where will you be flying from? The more popular routes have been fluctuating like crazy, and I've noticed that the prices will go up gradually over several days and then drop right back down to the cheaper airfares. However, if it's a smaller airport, I'm not sure if that'll still be the case.

May I suggest you use Google to track your flights (https://www.google.com/flights)? I've been using this to watch prices for my preferred flights, and they'll send occasional updates when the prices go up or down. You'll still want to keep checking it yourself, because it sometimes misses smaller price changes, but it's been a useful tool for me to see how the prices have been changing.

I'm hopeful that park tickets will be on sale again sometime in the fall. WDW stated they'll be selling tickets again later in the summer, so hopefully we hear a time frame for DL once they reschedule the park opening.

Since I can’t really “plan” out my trip ( or my school year), I am playing Disney Christmas music while making out Holiday shopping lists, calendars of what needs to be done when(shop, wrap, ship), with a wonderful peppermint candle burning! Everything I hope to have done before my wonderful December Trip.
I am a planner by nature, I find comfort in lists. This is the closest I can get to plan some fun!

Since I can’t really “plan” out my trip ( or my school year), I am playing Disney Christmas music while making out Holiday shopping lists, calendars of what needs to be done when(shop, wrap, ship), with a wonderful peppermint candle burning! Everything I hope to have done before my wonderful December Trip.
I am a planner by nature, I find comfort in lists. This is the closest I can get to plan some fun!
Oh my gosh, this is a wonderful idea! I got so excited just reading it...I need to dig out some hot cocoa and get started. Thanks for sharing!

We have a split stay Dec 24-30 GCV and DLH. Really hoping this trip happens after cancelling two summer Disney trips! For now I will live the Disney magic though the DisBoards! :smickey: Thanks.

That's so awesome that your son will be able to join your trip! Where will you be flying from? The more popular routes have been fluctuating like crazy, and I've noticed that the prices will go up gradually over several days and then drop right back down to the cheaper airfares. However, if it's a smaller airport, I'm not sure if that'll still be the case.

May I suggest you use Google to track your flights (https://www.google.com/flights)? I've been using this to watch prices for my preferred flights, and they'll send occasional updates when the prices go up or down. You'll still want to keep checking it yourself, because it sometimes misses smaller price changes, but it's been a useful tool for me to see how the prices have been changing.

I'm hopeful that park tickets will be on sale again sometime in the fall. WDW stated they'll be selling tickets again later in the summer, so hopefully we hear a time frame for DL once they reschedule the park opening.

Thanks for the tips. We did end up just buying a ticket to have one, and I will be checking it daily until we leave to see if it does down. Luckily my husband is a Delta diamond member (these are his miles we booked with) and you can change a ticket as many times as you want with no fee, so if it goes down he can just call and get it adjusted. You can also cancel up to the day before with no penalty as well, so if my son decides he doesn't want to come after all we can just cancel.

We fly from SLC which is a Delta hub, so there are non stops to LAX, Long Beach, SNA (John Wayne), Ontario, Burbank and San Diego. SNA is my preference, but their prices have been triple what the other airports are. Right now we are booked to Long Beach, which is another minor stress point because right now Delta stopped flying the route from SLC to Long Beach due to the virus until at least September 30th. Hopefully it will resume, otherwise they will switch you to LAX, which is no good at all.

I hope they will sell 2020 tickets again in the fall, as well!! I hate all the unknowns!

We have a split stay Dec 24-30 GCV and DLH. Really hoping this trip happens after cancelling two summer Disney trips! For now I will live the Disney magic though the DisBoards! :smickey: Thanks.
I've added you to the list!

Thanks for the tips. We did end up just buying a ticket to have one, and I will be checking it daily until we leave to see if it does down. Luckily my husband is a Delta diamond member (these are his miles we booked with) and you can change a ticket as many times as you want with no fee, so if it goes down he can just call and get it adjusted. You can also cancel up to the day before with no penalty as well, so if my son decides he doesn't want to come after all we can just cancel.

We fly from SLC which is a Delta hub, so there are non stops to LAX, Long Beach, SNA (John Wayne), Ontario, Burbank and San Diego. SNA is my preference, but their prices have been triple what the other airports are. Right now we are booked to Long Beach, which is another minor stress point because right now Delta stopped flying the route from SLC to Long Beach due to the virus until at least September 30th. Hopefully it will resume, otherwise they will switch you to LAX, which is no good at all.

I hope they will sell 2020 tickets again in the fall, as well!! I hate all the unknowns!
Sounds like you're all set with your ticket! Hopefully the flight schedules go back to normal in December or SNA prices come down. 🤞

Yes, my kids want to be there when it opens back up. We’ll be lucky if we get to be there in December! I do want to see how the reservation system works, because there’s no sense in buying 5day pass and can only make reservations for 2 days. So many unknowns¿?
We are local to Orlando, but making the trip out West to California (where I grew up) to show my three kids Disneyland since they see Disney World all the time. We are staying at the Grand Californian (we are DVC members, and luckily bought into the Grand California before it opened) December 6th through 9th. We will don't have our tickets yet and if anyone has advice please send along. We have been Disney World annual passholders for years, but are ignorant now to the ways of Disneyland. Also with the delays and Covid I am unsure how to approach buying tickets. Should I just jump in and buy 4-day park hoppers now, or hold off as there might be deals as they get up and running again. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, or if there is another forum that speaks to this please send along. Thank you!

... Also with the delays and Covid I am unsure how to approach buying tickets. Should I just jump in and buy 4-day park hoppers now, or hold off as there might be deals as they get up and running again. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, or if there is another forum that speaks to this please send along. Thank you!
Keep up with this ongoing superthread: DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES! (also linked in the first post on page one of this thread). That's where you'll find all the latest news on the DLR reopening, CA gov't. announcements/mandates/news/etc., ticket news, hotel news, etc. All the latest updates will be posted on page one (the dates in red show the last update). DLR currently has halted new ticket sales and has not yet announced when they will start selling tickets again. Keep watching that superthread for announcements.

:thumbsup2 I listen to the Disneyland Main St. Christmas music loop pretty much all year round.

Keep up with this ongoing superthread: DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES! (also linked in the first post on page one of this thread). That's where you'll find all the latest news on the DLR reopening, CA gov't. announcements/mandates/news/etc., ticket news, hotel news, etc. All the latest updates will be posted on page one (the dates in red show the last update). DLR currently has halted new ticket sales and has not yet announced when they will start selling tickets again. Keep watching that superthread for announcements.
Appreciate the information, thank you!

We are local to Orlando, but making the trip out West to California (where I grew up) to show my three kids Disneyland since they see Disney World all the time. We are staying at the Grand Californian (we are DVC members, and luckily bought into the Grand California before it opened) December 6th through 9th. We will don't have our tickets yet and if anyone has advice please send along. We have been Disney World annual passholders for years, but are ignorant now to the ways of Disneyland. Also with the delays and Covid I am unsure how to approach buying tickets. Should I just jump in and buy 4-day park hoppers now, or hold off as there might be deals as they get up and running again. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, or if there is another forum that speaks to this please send along. Thank you!
I've added you to the list! You received good advice from theluckyrabbit...there are still so many unknowns, but the Superthread is great at catching the latest news. I'll also be trying to keep the first post updated here with important DL news, so feel free to share anything you hear and I'll add it for everyone.

A few news updates for everyone:

Disneyland 65th Anniversary merchandise will be available online starting Tue, July 14 at 10am PT while supplies last. More info below:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...park-65th-anniversary-merchandise-collection/
There was a new health and safety update that will be added to the first page:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/07/disney-parks-commitment-to-health-safety-measures/
And for WDW ONLY (but it gives those needing DL tickets a lot of hope), ticket sales for WDW will resume on July 9th. Again, this is not for Disneyland, only WDW, but it's promising that something similar may happen here, too. 🤞

Hello everyone! We will hopefully be visiting DL in December. We are booked at the Park Place Inn 12/28 to 1/1. Don’t have park tickets (obviously) but will buy them as soon as I’m able, I believe. We pretty much plan to go as long as the parks are open!
We plan to do something beach for a few days at the end of our DL time, but haven’t yet figured out what that will be.
Can’t wait!

We’ve decided to cancel this trip. Maybe we’ll be back in 2021. Please take us off, thanks.

Hello everyone! We will hopefully be visiting DL in December. We are booked at the Park Place Inn 12/28 to 1/1. Don’t have park tickets (obviously) but will buy them as soon as I’m able, I believe. We pretty much plan to go as long as the parks are open!
We plan to do something beach for a few days at the end of our DL time, but haven’t yet figured out what that will be.
Can’t wait!
I've added you to the list!

We’ve decided to cancel this trip. Maybe we’ll be back in 2021. Please take us off, thanks.
I've removed you from the list. Hope to see you planning here next year!

From the Speculation Superthread:
Heads up for those planning to visit over New Year's.
hiroMYhero said:
2021 Rose Parade has been canceled. The high risk of spreading the virus as well as the delayed preparation schedules led to the cancellation.

The Rose Bowl football game is expected to still be played on January 1st.

The 2021 Rose Parade is canceled for first time in 75 years
https://www.latimes.com/california/...rose-parade-is-canceled-blame-the-coronavirus
Thanks! I've added it to the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!