Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Is it possible to have a cake delivered to B&C? Looking to get a mini Goofy inspired cake for DD’s birthday trip in May.

We will be at POP on DH's 60th birthday. We are having dinner at Wilderness Lodge on his actual birthday. I think I want to order him the 8" custom cake. I don't want any fondant and would like to keep it at $50 if possible. How detailed would any decorations be? Just a border and Happy 60th Birthday DH? How "custom" are they really?

Need some help, I do not have a creative bone in my body. Going to Disney for my honeymoon in December. Staying at AKL. Want to order a 'welcome to our honeymoon' cake for room delivery. I need ideas for design. Has anyone seen any great Honeymoon themed or designs they want to share? Thanks so much.

Need some help, I do not have a creative bone in my body. Going to Disney for my honeymoon in December. Staying at AKL. Want to order a 'welcome to our honeymoon' cake for room delivery. I need ideas for design. Has anyone seen any great Honeymoon themed or designs they want to share? Thanks so much.
They do have a white chocolate wedding mickey and Minnie statue if you want to go traditional with it.

But my first thought is a bit Winnie the Pooh themed. They aren’t technically allowed to do Winnie the Pooh characters, but if you had a Winnie the Pooh-esq pot of honey (or “hunny”) and some bees and such, with a “Welcome to our Hunny-moon” type message, it could be really cute. Though, in all fairness, I do love puns too much.

I also called Boardwalk today for our Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno and was told there were no 6 inch cakes and I could either do a mini cake or the next size up was 8 inch.
Was quoted $55 for a mini 2 tier cake with Rapunzel theming on top layer and Ariel theming on bottom layer. So excited!

So I thought I’d post a review of our cake ordered from the Boardwalk Bakery for our Bon Voyage breakfast.

So, it was a bit of a letdown. We have ordered a mini cake in the past and this cake seemed like a mini version of the mini cake. It was cute and delicious though, and the manager ended up comping the cake for us after a snafu/mixup by the bakery. I think I would have probably been disasppointed if I was charged $55 for this, because it was literally about 5 bites of cake. My favorite cake to date is the one we ordered from Pat at GF, which was 6 in and also $55. I’ve included pictures of both cakes below.

973AB7F5-7334-4A6A-A807-9D79B0683F3E.jpeg 492D2E8B-64E8-40CB-BDA2-1039CE0C0517.jpeg

Last edited:
had my second call with Virginia at AKL today!! soo glad I talked to her again.

We had a few (hopefully minor) miscommunications, but so glad I had the opportunity to talk and figure out what was going on. I'm the one trying for a Moana/ Tomatoa cake at Sanaa.

Two things we currently are working on. The images of Moana / Maui all have hei-hei and poi? (the pig) I'm ok with hei-hei, but I'd really prefer an image of just Moana and Maui. Second, and probably the bigger deal. I asked about treasures and how many would be on the cake. (I was quoted $100 but they said there'd be a few treasures) I asked how much it would cost to make sure there were around 25 treasures, piled up on the cake. She talked to the chef's team who said, they couldn't guarantee a number it would just be how many would end up filling the treasure box... uh... what treasure box... (I'll admit, I put one picture of a treasure box on my info page, but that was for the treasure.)

I explained that I was trying to recreate a scene from the movie with Moana and Maui standing behind a pile of treasure, like it's Tomatoa's back. no treasure box needed... I'm not sure if she's seen the movie as she was telling me how the cute little piggy followed them around on all their adventures....

so anyway, that's how I'm getting the e-mail for the chef team and then I'll scribbley-scratch my own drawing of the cake layout together and send it to Alicia - I think is the chef.

This has been another update on the continuing story of How to Order a Cake at Sanaa.

Good luck with your Tomatoa cake!

I’ll give another update on my cake order through Art of Animation/Yacht and Beach club.

So after receiving the phone call and giving her my email, the wonderful woman at Art of Animation whose name I did not catch sent a message off to Yacht and Beach club. I got an email of their response from Elizabeth at Art of Animation (who I believe, but cannot guarantee, was the one I spoke to on the phone) by the next evening. The price came in lower than I expected by a wide margin.

I was told the base price for the cake ($33 for a 6” almond cake, +$6 for strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries).

Additional deco:
Fondant deco with flat image of Food and Wine logo, edible fall foliage leaves$45

OR
Fondant deco with 2D image of Food and Wine logo, edible fall foliage leaves $60

OR
no image, fondant covered with edible leaves $30.

$39 plus deco guest would like quoted above.

I told her I had expected it to be higher and was worried it would be too simple. I also took this opportunity to mention the things I had forgotten to say over the phone - that I wanted a hidden Remi and perhaps an integrated hidden mickey somewhere, and that I was only interested in a Welcome home message on a chocolate banner or the plate, but didn’t want any writing on the cake itself.

She responded the next morning to let me know she sent my additional requests through, and got back to me today (4 days later - not a problem at all this far out from my trip).

This is what I got from the pastry team:

The only thing we can offer of Remi would be an edible image.

(These are the available images to choose from.)

We can keep the 2D logo and add a smaller 2D Remi image. The Remi image will have handmade assorted food around him to hide him.

Fall leaves to accent the cake.

This will be 6” almond flavored cake with strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries as filling, fondant covered. $155

It sounds great! The only problem is it went a little far past the other end of my budget for just a “Welcome back to Disney/America” cake (we’re taking a Transatlantic cruise from Spain immediately before going to Disney). So I let her know that I’d love to get a cost breakdown of the cake so I can see where to cut costs while keeping as much of the idea as possible.

It’s probably in the handmade assorted food. But that sounds like the cutest part!

On one hand, I’m worried I’m going to convince myself to just spend $150 on a cake to surprise my mom and brother. On the other hand, last trip I surprised my mom with the Star Wars Dessert Party and my brother with the Wild Africa trek so this is cheaper than that.

Anyway, that’s an update from me. So far, Elizabeth has been a delight to work with an extremely patient. I’d definitely order another cake through Art of Animation, especially with how I’ve seen some fabulous Yacht Club Bakery cakes on these threads over the past few years.

As a side note, if anyone got through all of this, does anyone have any idea on how to make the “Welcome back” message cute or more Disney? If I were doing a leaving Disney cake, it’d be easy (Mickey themed with a “See ya real soon”), but I can’t think of anything cute for our cake! “Welcome home” seems a little too DVC for us.

B31B32C3-FA20-4981-B083-CB54B8CBF53D.jpeg
Here is the Haunted Mansion cake delivered to our BC room last week for our 20th anniversary. $115. It was supposed to be almond cake with amaretto crunch mousse filling but filling tasted like just custard with a layer of almonds, not what I was expecting. Also, I requested chocolate buttercream under the ganache but it was vanilla. It tasted good, but was rather bland and needed an extra oomph in the flavor profile. I should have ordered custard and strawberries filling.

As I mentioned when ordering the cake, they would only guarantee three roses for the price but the actual cake had lots of roses. The decoration was cute but a little messy.

Of our annual cakes over past 12 years, this one was slightly above average. Maybe 6.5/10. Clearly, I am a little picky, lol.

hi all! i’ve ordered cakes over the years, but its been a while. i have a question about the new podium cakes at magic kingdom restaurants.

my mom is traveling to the world to celebrate a milestone birthday (she wouldn’t want me to say *which* milestone...). i’d love to surprise her with a cake. i won’t be on the trip though. is it possible for me to preorder the cake and pay with my credit card? or does it need to be paid for at the meal?

The MK doesn't do podium cakes anymore, just the specialty desserts listed in the post that is linked in Post #1. I'm not sure if they pre-charge you for those or if you pay at the restaurant. Best to give them a call and ask!

Is it possible to have a cake delivered to B&C? Looking to get a mini Goofy inspired cake for DD’s birthday trip in May.

Yes, you can have a cake delivered to any table-service restaurant.

We will be at POP on DH's 60th birthday. We are having dinner at Wilderness Lodge on his actual birthday. I think I want to order him the 8" custom cake. I don't want any fondant and would like to keep it at $50 if possible. How detailed would any decorations be? Just a border and Happy 60th Birthday DH? How "custom" are they really?

They are as custom as you want them to be. Find a picture online of what you have in mind and send it to them. Sometimes I composite a few photos together in Photoshop and send that.

So I thought I’d post a review of our cake ordered from the Boardwalk Bakery for our Bon Voyage breakfast.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

View attachment 354048
Here is the Haunted Mansion cake delivered to our BC room last week for our 20th anniversary.

This is helpful — thank you for sharing!

My latest email in search of a Moana treasure cake at Sanaa to the chef team. I attached my original document highlighting the 'look' and my scribbly-scratch drawing for layout
2r4360j.jpg

Good afternoon Alicia!
I'm so excited to see what kind of wonderful creation y'all can whip up for my girl's 5th birthday cake!
I've attached what I sent to Virginia originally, along with my scribbly-scratch layout. My daughter would absolutely love a blue Moana cake with a pile of treasure to eat off the cake. I'm just trying to replicate a scene similar to Moana and Maui meeting Tamatoa in his cave. He's got a lot of treasure on his back. Virginia said we wouldn't be able to add him to the cake so I'm buying a little 3" figurine that I'd like to put in front of the cake.

For the treasure, I'm not too picky about what it's made of as long as it's edible and a mix of pearly, shiny, glittery, rainbow, shells. Pearls, coins jewels etc. She's turning 5. Gaudy and a little over the top is right up her alley :) I don't know what's most cost effective to make that happen, but I could see a mix of candy pearls, dragees, pearl sixlets, chocolate coins and shells, and/sugar shells, gems, with edible glitter/dust, etc.

I gave an original budget of $100.00 but I'm flexible if we need to bump that up a little to make the treasure happen - just let me know where we're at now. Virginia mentioned a chocolate treasure chest, which isn't really what I had in mind. I don't know how removing that might change the original estimate.

Blue and white wavey designs on top and sides of cake. 2D sugar print of Moana and Maui on the back. Is it possible to get only those two and no other characters?

Last, but not least, "Happy Birthday Reyna" should be somewhere - next to jewels? Written on chocolate next to cake? Standing on the side of the cake?

Thank you again for working with me! If you have a specialty or talent that you feel will make this cake really shine- I'd love to hear your suggestions - as well as any limitations that may affect the look of the cake. For instance- I'm not opposed to fondant molded shells, but I was under the impression that fondant was hard to work with and thus would be more expensive.

Last edited:
So after spending a few hours going through all 108 pages of this thread, I've pretty much decided to go the "outside bakery" route. Has anyone here used It's Tasy Too, Sprinkle's Custom Cakes or another bakery and had the cake delivered to your resort? I want to get my Niece a Tinkerbell inspired red velvet cake for her 21 birthday in December while we are staying at the Grand Floridian. It just seems like too many folks who are paying $100+ dollars for a "custom" cake are not getting what they really want from private dining or are having very inconsistent results. This is too important an occasion to gamble on the GF getting it right BUT using an outside bakery has it's own set of challenges. I just wanted to hear about anyone elsese experiences having an outside bakery deliver to you in the hotel lobby.

My daughter turns 13 in November while we are in WDW. We have a dessert party on her actual birthday but I would like to get a cake made and delivered for our meal on Thanksgiving at Rose and Crown. Does anyone have any idea if they will do this on that day? Anyone have good pictures of Stitch cakes? She also likes Groot but I am assuming that it might be hard to get approved.

i still think one of the best values for cakes u can get if u are a family of say 4 with 2 kids is the 6 inch cake and add an image to it. even when they still did that celebration cake you get a ton for ur money and don't run the risk of a 100 dollar flop. past few years we have not paid more than 35 for a cake and have come away wit hsome really nice cakes that i have posted here.

i have 1 new one that i need to post. my kid wanted something alien for toy story land. i asked for a 6 inch chocolate on chocolate typical with an image. they did the image but then the icing that was done in butter cream literally looked like fondont. all colored to match with some nice detail for a cheapo cake. i'll get the pic up.

i mean there are some awesome cake posted here and we have had some awesome 100 plus cakes done over the years but lugging them back to the room and then not finishing them gets old. lol

i hate having to lug them back to the room. i have been using bell services past few years at whatever hotel we r at. i ask if a runner at some point within 24 hrs can run it over and keep cold for me and i'll pick it up at bell services. has been working out great. i go down the next morning and grab my cake for a nice sweet breakfast before we head out to the parks for some chaos crowds. lol

Newbie here with several questions. We'll be celebrating our anniversary with dinner at Jiko. I'd like to have a special dessert and was thinking about either the Mickey Celebration cake or a 2 tier mini cake but would consider a custom 6" cake if it's possible.

Would appreciate hearing other people's experience. Thanks

Just finished up my order with Yacht & Beach Club - overall I wasn't super impressed with my experience.

Cake flavors offered were chocolate, vanilla, or marble, with a vanilla or chocolate buttercream filling. I went with marble and a chocolate buttercream filling. I was REALLY hoping I could do the peanut butter, but it wasn't offered. Next trip, I suppose.

Our cake is going to be $72- that's a mini wedding cake with fondant, delivery to the resort room, and gratuity.

It's a luxo ball, which they had to double check on.

I never received the email they sent, though they could pull it up on their end- my guess is a communication error concerning my email address.

My time on the phone felt rushed and more "generic" if that makes sense? There was no creative questions, no back up ideas, anything like that. Cake flavors, idea, and when I said luxo ball the cake basically became just "that." It was either the 6 inch as a luxo ball or mini cake as a luxo ball. I was hoping to have more toy story theming with it, but I didn't even get a chance to say boo or ask.

Now, maybe I just need to be more assertive, and I'm still excited to get the mini cake, but I'm left discouraged by the entire experience compared to the design and creative experiences others have. Hopefully the cake will be awesome, but as of right now I can't say I'd want to do all this again.

Nervous and excited! DHs birthday cake is scheduled to be delivered to our BC room tomorrow at 9am. I haven’t heard anything after they took my credit card down. When we first got here our original room smelled of smoke and they moved us to a new room. I’m hoping that doesn’t mess anything up with the delivery!

Cake is here!! I love it!!! Food and wine inspired cake delivered to our Beach Club villa. Will post another pic when we cut into it

Attachments

• 21917F9A-6F1E-4113-B6E0-2CAD5B99BE02.jpeg
    21917F9A-6F1E-4113-B6E0-2CAD5B99BE02.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 407
  • 2E65A18A-2037-42B9-80D0-FD3083DB9018.jpeg
    2E65A18A-2037-42B9-80D0-FD3083DB9018.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 05F24AE7-BC23-4E0E-8D54-A584FBDB2F87.jpeg
    05F24AE7-BC23-4E0E-8D54-A584FBDB2F87.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 5B01F91E-CC6D-4BC9-9346-179C56D12BAC.jpeg
    5B01F91E-CC6D-4BC9-9346-179C56D12BAC.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Thanks for posting pictures of the cake! Can I ask how much this cost? And what flavors/size?

As an update, I apparently misinterpreted the pricing schemes the first time, but I did get a response back about different options and what cost what. Basically, I can get “one edible item” (which I interpret as handmade, but isn’t specified) with my flavor preferences for $75. I can pay $155 for the big elaborate amount of items in the previous quote I posted. Or I have a few options somewhere in between.

I’m trying to decide! It’s so tempting to just go all out-get a super cute cake and pull out all the stops. If I’m spending at least $75, another $75 isn’t a ton in the scheme of add-ons at Disney, especially when this is a one-time cost and not a per person. But on the other hand, I certainly wouldn’t want my family to know I spend $150 on cake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!