Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

IMG_0335_zpsce3fac39.jpg

After a ton of searching through all of this forum and the other Cake Chatter forums, I think I have finally found the cake for my daughter's birthday. :cool1: This one was found on a previous Cake Chatter Forum posted in 2014 and was made at the Contemporary (which is the bakery we will be using). She is going to LOVE it. Her favorite cake is red velvet, which I think will look really cool too. Has anyone had the red velvet, that could give me a review on the taste? **Now just patiently waiting to order it:surfweb:**

Okay..I have a quick question. We will be on site during my husband's birthday, and while he would love a specialty cake, he doesn't want it delivered to the table so that people would see him. We have afternoon tea scheduled one day. Will the Grand Floridian deliver a mini cake to our table in a box? That way we can take the cake back to the room and no one will be "staring" at him.

Oh my goodness! Tinkerbell is my favorite, and I love this cake. I would like to ask some suggestions from all of you. I posted on here previously, that we will be celebrating my DGG's 1st Birthday at Akershus, and would love to get a small cake for her. We will be leaving to drive home shortly after her lunch, and with a 16 hour drive, we don't want to have to transport a ton of cake with us. I saw a picture of a small two tier Snow White cake that was adorable, and would like to do something similar, or slightly larger that has a Belle theme. Does anyone have any ideas for me? It doesn't have to be Belle, but maybe the colors, or the rose?? You guys are just all so much more creative than I will ever be!

Tinkerbell is my daughter's favorite too and she was THRILLED. I was so impressed by the California Grill and the team that made the cake. We picked to have dinner there so that we could watch the fireworks. Extra Disney magic that night because I wasn't sure if we would be able to see Tink fly from the castle during the fireworks (from all the way at the top of the Contemporary), but my daughter and I kept a look out and sure enough her green glow was easy to see! Perfect evening all around.

Anywho, you asked about a Belle themed cake and I wanted to share one I considered as an option before settling on the Tinkerbell cake. The Contemporary quoted me $35 for this Belle theme mini cake. I thought it was really cute and almost went with this one. :) Hope you have a magical birthday dinner for your DGG.

Attachments

• BelleMiniCake.png
    BelleMiniCake.png
    453.7 KB · Views: 188
Has anyone had the red velvet, that could give me a review on the taste? **Now just patiently waiting to order it:surfweb:**

Disney's red velvet cake tastes pretty much like every other red velvet cake I've ever had. Just barely like chocolate, but more moist and interesting than regular chocolate cake. I usually pair it with Disney's cream cheese *buttercream* frosting instead of their cream cheese mousse, which I think tastes too much like cheesecake.

Okay..I have a quick question. We will be on site during my husband's birthday, and while he would love a specialty cake, he doesn't want it delivered to the table so that people would see him. We have afternoon tea scheduled one day. Will the Grand Floridian deliver a mini cake to our table in a box? That way we can take the cake back to the room and no one will be "staring" at him.

If you're staying at a Disney resort, you can just have the cake delivered straight to your room. I think trying to get them to deviate from their standard practice of presenting an unboxed cake could be risky, since making a big fuss is usually the whole point of having a cake delivered to the table. There are a lot of steps at which that communication could break down.

Tinkerbell is my daughter's favorite too and she was THRILLED. I was so impressed by the California Grill and the team that made the cake. We picked to have dinner there so that we could watch the fireworks. Extra Disney magic that night because I wasn't sure if we would be able to see Tink fly from the castle during the fireworks (from all the way at the top of the Contemporary), but my daughter and I kept a look out and sure enough her green glow was easy to see! Perfect evening all around.

Anywho, you asked about a Belle themed cake and I wanted to share one I considered as an option before settling on the Tinkerbell cake. The Contemporary quoted me $35 for this Belle theme mini cake. I thought it was really cute and almost went with this one. :) Hope you have a magical birthday dinner for your DGG.

Thank you! I love the Belle cake! So glad your daughter had a magical time!!

Disney's red velvet cake tastes pretty much like every other red velvet cake I've ever had. Just barely like chocolate, but more moist and interesting than regular chocolate cake. I usually pair it with Disney's cream cheese *buttercream* frosting instead of their cream cheese mousse, which I think tastes too much like cheesecake.

Thanks for the great tip!

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a mini cake would fit in the resort room fridge?

Thank you!

Hey all! So an impressive list of cake related information. I just had one question that is likely already answered but I'm unable to find! Can anyone tell me what cake options there are for coral reef? Aka is it just vanilla and chocolate or can I get one with a strawberry filling etc? Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a mini cake would fit in the resort room fridge?

Thank you!
Sure does! We had one delivered to our room one night and were too tired to eat it when we got back from the parks. Stored the box and all in the fridge till the next day.

Hey all! So an impressive list of cake related information. I just had one question that is likely already answered but I'm unable to find! Can anyone tell me what cake options there are for coral reef? Aka is it just vanilla and chocolate or can I get one with a strawberry filling etc? Thanks in advance!
Coral Reef is serviced by the Epcot bakery which should be able to do any flavor you'd like.

Would someone be able to help me order a cake for our July 20th arrival? I have a brain tumour and my memory isn't so good, and I stutter on the phone, so I get nervous calling people. :( Is there anyway for me to order by email? Or would someone be able to help me call? I'm a 29 year old Canadian girl, if that helps.

Would someone be able to help me order a cake for our July 20th arrival? I have a brain tumour and my memory isn't so good, and I stutter on the phone, so I get nervous calling people. :( Is there anyway for me to order by email? Or would someone be able to help me call? I'm a 29 year old Canadian girl, if that helps.

Where do you want the cake delivered? There are a couple email options but only for certain bakeries. If you know where you want to have the cake we can tell you whether or not that's an option.

Sorry about that, we're staying at POR. Umm, we have ressies at Be Our Guest (lunch), Morimoto (lunch), and the newer Mexican restaurant for dinner (the Epcot one outside near the path, not inside the temple).

Sorry about that, we're staying at POR. Umm, we have ressies at Be Our Guest (lunch), Morimoto (lunch), and the newer Mexican restaurant for dinner (the Epcot one outside near the path, not inside the temple).

Do you have an idea of what you want to order? Your options are limited at these locations. Be Our Guest at lunch is a quick service meal so you can't order a cake here. Morimoto is not a Disney restaurant so there is no Disney cake option and the Mexican restaurant is serviced by an outside vendor. No emails for any of them that I can tell. POR is serviced by the Boardwalk, so that would be a Disney cake and may have more options for flavors and design. You could also pick up a cake in Disney Springs to take to dinner and the same for the Boardwalk which is walkable from Epcot.

I'd be happy to help you call and get options and prices but in order to place an order you'd have to share your name, reservation numbers, etc. with a total stranger which I generally wouldn't recommend.

We used to see a number of cakes with the big edible mouse ears on top (see pic from old Cake Chatter). I can't recall seeing any like this for some time now. Do they still do cake ears like this? Wondering if they stopped or if cost went up to the point that they've fallen out of favor. Thinking about it for an upcoming cake.

Attachments

• IMG_2593.PNG
    IMG_2593.PNG
    360.7 KB · Views: 152
We used to see a number of cakes with the big edible mouse ears on top (see pic from old Cake Chatter). I can't recall seeing any like this for some time now. Do they still do cake ears like this? Wondering if they stopped or if cost went up to the point that they've fallen out of favor. Thinking about it for an upcoming cake.
Actually kind of wondering the same thing. We are wanting to do my daughter's first birthday cake but also wondering about the black frosting?? :crazy2:

We got them atop a mini cake last year. They were chocolate, though, not frosted.
IMG_6171.JPG

We got them atop a mini cake last year. They were chocolate, though, not frosted.
View attachment 246349

Yup, it was my understanding that the big ones are all chocolate as well. I just meant they used them as cake toppers. I've seen the mini ones a lot for the mini wedding cakes, but I know the price on those...at least from some quotes I've seen from the gf...have gone up.

I tried to order a mini tiered cake thru guest services & received a reply stating... "They are not able to customize cakes." Why might this be?!? I've ordered several customized cakes in the past. I put a $50 limit for this cake which in the past has been $35. They also quoted me $47 for the generic mini two tier. It will be from Contemporary Bakery--- sent to WL. Any thoughts guys? lurkyloo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter