Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Just had this cake last week, we were staying at For Wilderness campground and I had ordered it through the contemporary to be picked up at Trail's End takeout. I was initially quoted 74 but ended up being charged 60. The emails were answered quickly and order placed very easily. Ordered it as an 8 inch vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream with Halloween theme. It was absolutely delicious!!! Took 8 of us several days to finish it off.

20171006_201139-1512x2016.jpg
20171006_203206-1512x2016 (2).jpg

Had this cake delivered to Spirit of Aloha dinner last night. Server delivered it to the table while hubby was onstage for the "birthday dance" so timing was perfect and he was VERY surprised (his actual bday is in 2 weeks)! Cake was prepared by Pat at GF, was a 6" vanilla with chocolate fudge filling, Chewbacca "inspired." Total cost was $85 plus tax, charged to my CC prior. It was delicious!
View attachment 276746 View attachment 276745

I LOVE that!!!!

I called last Thursday to place an order for a cake in December and I still haven't heard back. Should I email or call again?

So disappointed. Staying at Beach Club, dining at Yachtsman and wanted to have a 6" cake delivered to dinner for my DD's 6th Birthday. I just got off the phone with private dining and they no longer offer the 6" cakes. The smallest you can customize is 8". If you want smaller, you have to go with the generic new Mickey head/ears or the mini wedding cake which starts at $40.

So disappointed. Staying at Beach Club, dining at Yachtsman and wanted to have a 6" cake delivered to dinner for my DD's 6th Birthday. I just got off the phone with private dining and they no longer offer the 6" cakes. The smallest you can customize is 8". If you want smaller, you have to go with the generic new Mickey head/ears or the mini wedding cake which starts at $40.

Very odd, as I just ordered one at the Contemporary. I wonder if they're slowly starting to make this the case?

I had one done at the Contemporary in June. It was great. Guess I will have to figure something out using them or GF.

My experience in calling different places this go round has been that GF and Contemporary seem to be the only ones still willing to do 6 inch custom cakes. Everywhere else says the minimum is 8 inches.

My experience in calling different places this go round has been that GF and Contemporary seem to be the only ones still willing to do 6 inch custom cakes. Everywhere else says the minimum is 8 inches.

This does seem to be the case from my experience and from this thread. It's bakery specific.

So, I did have to send a repeat email to get a response from the contemporary, but DID get a response. I called yesterday to place the order and left a message. How long until I should try calling again?

Has anyone had experience getting a cake at Le Cellier? I am wanting one of the mini 2 tier cakes for my mom for her birthday. It will be for mid December. When would be the best time to call to try to order it? Thanks!

I ordered one from the Boardwalk Bakery back in 2015. It was a 8in cake in the school colors for $40. I bought the cake topper from Etsy. We will be needing another one this June, but I think I am going more with a "oh, the places you will go" outdoors theme.

Attachments

• DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 182
Any ideas for a high school graduation cake? (male). I'd really like a graduation theme. Can't really see any pics posted or any past posts on HS graduation cakes. We are staying CR, AKL and BC so can order from any if one would be better than another.

Sorry! I answered your question without quoting you! Should be the above post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!