Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

What is the latest time you can have a cake delivered to your room? Anyone ever have any issues having a cake delivered to the room the day of check in? Thanks.

What is the latest time you can have a cake delivered to your room? Anyone ever have any issues having a cake delivered to the room the day of check in? Thanks.
We had one delivered our first night once. It was there when we returned from the park at around 11.

Enchanted%20Cake_zpsdewsms0x.jpeg

Disney2011483.jpg

Tangled%20Cake_zpsqtt0asoi.jpg

CPS_2951.jpg

You can also get lots of inspiration photos to send Disney just by Googling or searching Pinterest.

I would call the main number for the resort and tell them about the trouble you're having. See if you can get a CM to take ownership of this issue for you. Otherwise, It's Tasty Too delivers to Disney, and other popular places like Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Anna Cakes and Bake Me A Cake may deliver too. If you're OK to pick up, Publix gets good reviews.
We did a tangled theme for my DD 16 in march. I wanted to save money so I asked for flowers and lanterns. I brought a rapunzel character but the cake was so decorated we couldn't put it on. I'll ask DH to help me post pic. Worked with Brian at Contemporary. Planned dinner around the cake. DD wasn't there yet so I carried at 10 inch cake back on bus to AKL with 3 kids and a stroller. It was awesome. It stayed fresh over a week. We brought it home as we had two other cakes and were on the dining plan

We did a tangled theme for my DD 16 in march. I wanted to save money so I asked for flowers and lanterns. I brought a rapunzel character but the cake was so decorated we couldn't put it on. I'll ask DH to help me post pic. Worked with Brian at Contemporary. Planned dinner around the cake. DD wasn't there yet so I carried at 10 inch cake back on bus to AKL with 3 kids and a stroller. It was awesome. It stayed fresh over a week. We brought it home as we had two other cakes and were on the dining plan

I ordered a Tangled cake from the Contemporary for next week and they told me they couldn't do lanterns :(

DAF35795-6083-496B-B5CB-15A550BF491D.jpeg TDAF35795-6083-496B-B5CB-15A550BF491D.jpeg 0C02BBDC-95ED-48FA-A795-087D33193B23.jpeg DAF35795-6083-496B-B5CB-15A550BF491D.jpeg 0C02BBDC-95ED-48FA-A795-087D33193B23.jpeg DAF35795-6083-496B-B5CB-15A550BF491D.jpeg 0C02BBDC-95ED-48FA-A795-087D33193B23.jpeg DAF35795-6083-496B-B5CB-15A550BF491D.jpeg 0C02BBDC-95ED-48FA-A795-087D33193B23.jpeg DAF35795-6083-496B-B5CB-15A550BF491D.jpeg DAF35795-6083-496B-B5CB-15A550BF491D.jpeg 0C02BBDC-95ED-48FA-A795-087D33193B23.jpeg
I ordered a Tangled cake from the Contemporary for next week and they told me they couldn't do lanterns :(

Clearly I need to learn how to load the photos properly. I did it too many times. See the lanterns? Cake was 10 inch chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting inside with chocolate ganache inside and chocolate frosting. Kids don't like fondant and don't care about edible images. Yellow icing gave the idea of a braid. It was amazing and the sugar flowers were more than expected!

View attachment 326451 TView attachment 326451 View attachment 326452 View attachment 326451 View attachment 326452 View attachment 326451 View attachment 326452 View attachment 326451 View attachment 326452 View attachment 326451 View attachment 326451 View attachment 326452

Clearly I need to learn how to load the photos properly. I did it too many times. See the lanterns? Cake was 10 inch chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting inside with chocolate ganache inside and chocolate frosting. Kids don't like fondant and don't care about edible images. Yellow icing gave the idea of a braid. It was amazing and the sugar flowers were more than expected!

Thanks for this! We did choose to go the fondant route. This is the inspiration pic I sent to James at the Contemporary. We will see what we get next Thursday!

iVbERcb

Attachments

• cake.png
    cake.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 111

We had one delivered our first night once. It was there when we returned from the park at around 11.

We have ours set up for later this month on our arrival night (10pm). We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and the woman I ordered with said to call the dining number if we arrive earlier and they will bring it up. This is my first time having it delivered to the room. Last time we ordered a cake it came at dinner (Trails End).

We recently got back from my 30th birthday trip, on which my husband special ordered a cake through the Grand Floridian to be delivered for our dinner at Citricos. I gave him some ideas of what I liked with the only stipulation being that it HAD to have fondant :rotfl2: He and Pat came up with an amazing cake and while the Grand was pretty disappointing otherwise, the bakery knocked this out of the park! I may be biased but it's the best cake ever!!! So embarrassing but it totally made me cry when it came out. I attached a couple photos to this post but you can see some more angles at my instagram post (Disboards doesn't like how big my photos are so I could only include a couple!): https://www.instagram.com/p/Bii647AAf0t/?taken-by=shantelleclementine

Bakery: Grand Floridian
Price: $137 (I was in shock at how inexpensive that was for how nice of a cake this was!)
Cake: vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and fondant, filling was strawberry mousse with fresh strawberries. He's pretty sure it was 6".

ETA: He requested that all parts of the cake be edible, so the carriage would have been eaten but I wanted to save it! Does anyone know what I should do to preserve it? Right now we just have it in the fridge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, it was DELICIOUS!!!

Attachments

• wdw2018may-95.jpg
    wdw2018may-95.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 347
  • wdw2018may-109.jpg
    wdw2018may-109.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 337
  • wdw2018may-117.jpg
    wdw2018may-117.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 309
Ordered my dd’s Grad cake today from Contemporary. George called me to work it out. Six inch with grad hat on top, vanilla with custard filling and vanilla buttercream. Gold and blue Mickeys on side of Cake. $67 dollars. Sounds good. Very easy. They are accommodating a peanut allergy.

Just did the math and realised this will be my fourteenth cake from Disney!! Guess I’m a veteran. Or a cake obsessed crazy woman. Hard to tell.

Last edited:
We recently got back from my 30th birthday trip, on which my husband special ordered a cake through the Grand Floridian to be delivered for our dinner at Citricos. I gave him some ideas of what I liked with the only stipulation being that it HAD to have fondant :rotfl2: He and Pat came up with an amazing cake and while the Grand was pretty disappointing otherwise, the bakery knocked this out of the park! I may be biased but it's the best cake ever!!! So embarrassing but it totally made me cry when it came out. I attached a couple photos to this post but you can see some more angles at my instagram post (Disboards doesn't like how big my photos are so I could only include a couple!): https://www.instagram.com/p/Bii647AAf0t/?taken-by=shantelleclementine

Bakery: Grand Floridian
Price: $137 (I was in shock at how inexpensive that was for how nice of a cake this was!)
Cake: vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and fondant, filling was strawberry mousse with fresh strawberries. He's pretty sure it was 6".

ETA: He requested that all parts of the cake be edible, so the carriage would have been eaten but I wanted to save it! Does anyone know what I should do to preserve it? Right now we just have it in the fridge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, it was DELICIOUS!!!

Wow! That cake is so beautiful. Would have made me cry too :sad:

We recently got back from my 30th birthday trip, on which my husband special ordered a cake through the Grand Floridian to be delivered for our dinner at Citricos.

WOW! Your husband (and Pat) get major kudos for that!

I'm loving the new GF cakes!! I ordered my birthday cake from Pat a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait to see what she comes up with -- still a month of waiting left though. It's going to be Stitch/Polynesian themed, delivering to Kona Cafe.

So I called the number for cakes yesterday and followed the prompts for Pop. I left a message and was called back today. I was told I had to get a 6 inch if I wanted to personalize it in any way. All I wanted was Congrats Grad, but it's okay they said they were going to put her name and a graduation Mickey on the cake. I was called back like an hour later and told I can now only personalize 8 inch cakes. That's a lot of cake for 2 people for 2 days and we will be in the parks most of the the time. I asked about the mini tiered cakes and was told they don't do them. She did say she was going to try to figure out something and call me back. I guess we will see..
So I got an email back offering the mini cake but they can "try" to make Mickey look like he's wearing a cap. I don't even know what that means and feel like I'm gonna be paying for something with no idea whether or not they can do it.

Ordered my dd’s Grad cake today from Contemporary. George called me to work it out. Six inch with grad hat on top, vanilla with custard filling and vanilla buttercream. Gold and blue Mickeys on side of Cake. $67 dollars. Sounds good. Very easy. They are accommodating a peanut allergy.

Just did the math and realised this will be my fourteenth cake from Disney!! Guess I’m a veteran. Or a cake obsessed crazy woman. Hard to tell.
Please post pictures if you can when you return!

Has anyone ever ordered (or tried to order) say an 8 or 10" cake with 2 separate designs? I am wondering if it would be easier and cheaper (or even possible) to order one 8 or 10" cake with 1/2 decorated for my youngest's birthday and the other 1/2 decorated for my oldest's graduation? Just a thought. Maybe I'll just stick to the 2 mini 2 tier cakes...

Has anyone ever ordered (or tried to order) say an 8 or 10" cake with 2 separate designs? I am wondering if it would be easier and cheaper (or even possible) to order one 8 or 10" cake with 1/2 decorated for my youngest's birthday and the other 1/2 decorated for my oldest's graduation? Just a thought. Maybe I'll just stick to the 2 mini 2 tier cakes...

The problem you may run into is that they often won’t combine characters from two separate worlds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!