Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I finally remembered to post this. Sorry for being late at posting.

I ordered this Mini Cake in August 2017 so we could have it early September 2017. Well, Irma came through and it was delayed until late October 2017, when we were able to rebook. I requested Disney mickey head balloons and expected frosting piped on but the balloons were thin chocolates! I didn't request a color but it came out in my boyfriend's favorite (it was a surprise cake for him).

This was yellow cake with strawberry mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. I picked it up at our resort food court (All Star Movies). I believe I may have received a discount because it was $25.
It was so yummy. I'm not a huge fan of strawberry flavored mousse BUT this one was yummy. Perfect size for us, we even saved some for breakfast the next day.

IMG_2137.JPG IMG_2138.JPG

I finally remembered to post this. Sorry for being late at posting.

I ordered this Mini Cake in August 2017 so we could have it early September 2017. Well, Irma came through and it was delayed until late October 2017, when we were able to rebook. I requested Disney mickey head balloons and expected frosting piped on but the balloons were thin chocolates! I didn't request a color but it came out in my boyfriend's favorite (it was a surprise cake for him).

This was yellow cake with strawberry mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. I picked it up at our resort food court (All Star Movies). I believe I may have received a discount because it was $25.
It was so yummy. I'm not a huge fan of strawberry flavored mousse BUT this one was yummy. Perfect size for us, we even saved some for breakfast the next day.

View attachment 327570 View attachment 327571
So unique! I love it!

Here is the cake I ordered from Pat from GF private dining for our 'Ohana dinner a couple weeks ago. Final cost was $69 for the two-tier chocolate mini cake. Totally worth every penny! Sis and I both nearly started crying when they brought it out (she was SO surprised!!)
How big was this? Can't really tell from the photo.

I was looking for something special for my grand daughter's trip and read about Cinderella's chocolate slipper. I wrote to Disney and they were nice enough to send me pictures of what they offer so I thought I'd pass them on. Below is the response from Disney.

Thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Specialty Desserts! I have attached information on our signature slipper & crown dessert which can be added on to your existing reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table.

First, we have our signature dessert. This royal dessert features a dark chocolate slipper or a white chocolate slipper, filled with a chocolate mousse. This is presented with a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. The dessert plate can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece! This dessert costs $15.00 plus tax and gratuity.

We also offer this featuring a white chocolate crown fit for a prince! This is also filled with a chocolate mousse and presented with a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. The dessert plate can be decorated with a “Happy Birthday”, “Happy Anniversary”, or “Congratulations” chocolate piece. The cost is the same ($15.00 plus tax and gratuity).

Please note that any dessert that is not enjoyed during your meal cannot be stored at the Magic Kingdom, nor can it be shipped to your resort. However we would be happy to box up any remaining cake for you to take with you.

To officially place your order, you can just respond to this email with your dining confirmation number and your order details! We do require your completed order at least 72 business hours prior to your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. We are in the office Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. We are out of the office on the weekends and major US holidays. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.
Special Events Coordinator

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

wdw.magic.kingdom.specialty.desserts@disney.com
*Please keep in mind that your order is not final until you receive an official confirmation email from us.*

full
full
full

What size of cake is the best route to go when ordering a replica of your wedding cake? We were married in an Escape ceremony at Yacht Club, and for our 1 year anniversary (that I'm already planning :lmao:) I want to have a replica brought to our dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. I like the idea of a mini cake because its just going to be the two of us staying for only 2 nights before we head out on a Disney cruise. But I'm not sure if they could recreate our cake on such a small scale? For reference, our wedding cake is below. It was yellow cake with hazelnut crunch on the bottom & chocolate cake with "the grey stuff" filling on top. Are those flavors even available in the mini cakes? We had fondant on the outside, but that wouldn't necessarily be required this time around, although I would like one or two quotes from our cake to make it onto the replica, even if they were hand-piped.

Also, since we'd have it delivered to Yachtsman Steakhouse, would we order from BW Bakery? I feel like I read somewhere that the BW bakery is available for pickup only? Maybe I imagined that! haha

TIA!

pic1.jpg

@ALegrande Congrats!

Yacht & Beach Club has its own pastry team. BoardWalk Bakery doesn't deliver there.

Those quotes need to be printed and adhered to the cake, and Y&BC's pastry team usually requires you to get an 8-inch or larger for something like that. You wouldn't be able to get the crunch flavor in a mini cake either, so it's probably best to go with a larger cake.

164DA47C-F4D5-498A-9C4F-16BE3BE78498.jpeg So, as you know, I tried 4 times to order a vanilla Mickey celebration cake from POFQ. Never got a return call or any help when I called the actual resort. So at check in I told the cast member who was checking us in that I was trying to order a vanilla Mickey celebration cake and no one would return my call, could he help? He said he could and he was so sorry. He said we would have the cake in our room the next day. And we did.... a vanilla Publix cake was delivered to our room at no cost. I don’t know why we couldn’t get the celebration cake or why we got a Publix cake (it was in a Publix box) but at least we got a cake ‍♀️

Reporting back on our Tangled Cake from our June 2018 trip. We had this delivered to our first night's dinner at Chef Mickey's at the contemporary. I worked with James, and we had a very nice phone consultation. In the photo below, I added the "inspiration" picture I sent them. The total was $165 dollars plus tax. We chose a 6-inch vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse and fresh strawberry filling topped with cream cheese frosting and fondant. The cake was VERY moist and the white chocolate and fresh strawberry filling was SO delicious. The cream cheese frosting was just alright. Next time I will go with just plain vanilla. The three of us ate a slice every day for breakfast (hey, it's vacation!), and it was gone by the end of our 3 day trip. As far as the design goes, James told me over the phone that they could not do lanterns which I later found out that they did lanterns for another person on this forum at the Contemporary not too long ago). For the most part, I was happy with the design. It was very pretty. The braid around the bottom really made the cake special. It was also topped with glitter, which is hard to see in the photos, but very vibrant in person. The one thing I was not happy with that the flowers. I felt that I was pretty specific in the kind of flowers I wanted, and these do not look anything like what I requested. For $160 bucks, I would have hoped for hand-piped flowers rather than cut-outs. But, oh well! She LOVED the cake and it was the perfect was to start out our trip! I would recommend that if you are hoping for something very specific, send lots of photos and be flexible in what you're hoping it to look like as much as possible. Can't wait to plan out the cake for our anniversary celebration. Man, these things become addicting...

cake 6.png

Cake 1.jpg cake 3.jpg cake 4.jpg cake 5.jpg

Hey,

We are travelling to WDW in September and will be celebrating my mother in laws 70th birthday. We are trying to decide between The Garden Grill at Epcot or at the Hoop Dee Doo.

Has anyone had a cake at either? I am also looking for ideas for a Mickey themed cake, I would have ordered the hat cake but she hates chocolate.

Many Thanks In Advance

Lesley

Reporting back on our Tangled Cake from our June 2018 trip....

Thanks so much for sharing all these details!

Hey,

We are travelling to WDW in September and will be celebrating my mother in laws 70th birthday. We are trying to decide between The Garden Grill at Epcot or at the Hoop Dee Doo.

Has anyone had a cake at either? I am also looking for ideas for a Mickey themed cake, I would have ordered the hat cake but she hates chocolate.

Many Thanks In Advance

Lesley

I have had cakes made by Epcot's pastry team and by the Contemporary's pastry team, which makes fancy cakes for Fort Wilderness. All the recipes are the same, so there is no taste difference. Both are fairly easy to work with once you actually get ahold of someone.

If you have no specific preferences, it might be best to just give them a budget and the basic "Mickey" theme and see what they come up with. Otherwise, there is tons of inspiration on Google that you can send to them.

Reporting back on our Tangled Cake from our June 2018 trip.

That’s a really pretty cake! I have to agree with you, though, for that much money, those flowers should be hand-piped and plentiful. They certainly are more than capable of doing that.

Glad it was delicious and everyone enjoyed it - I just ordered a cake for my daughter for the first time this May and she was so thrilled that she’s hinting she’d like me to do it again on our next trip lol

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter