Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Just learned that the Contemporary's pastry team is back and taking orders 5 days a week. Call the Contemporary's Cake Line and leave a message with details on what you want, and they'll call back to finalize the order: 1-407-824-2955.

That is very exciting news, thanks for sharing! We will be there in 5 weeks and celebrating an anniversary. Now to come up with a design. :scratchin

I'm wondering... what size is the bottom layer of the mini cakes? I am wondering if I can stack a mini cake on top of a 6" cake. Want a tiered cake look/theme, but don't have a lot of people to feed cake to. :cake: Not sure if this will work or not. TIA!

We will be celebrating my daughter's birthday at Disney this November, and I was wondering if you can specify a specific time for a cake to be delivered to your hotel room, or is it just within a certain window? Will they deliver early in the morning?

I am trying to find a way to send a birthday cake to the Cinderlla's Royal Table. Since its not in a resort, I am calling the 407 827 - 2253 phone number. However, no one answers. Any alternative?

I asked on the MyDisneyExperience chat. Someone named Jan said this: Currently, we are not doing pre orders for cakes. You can request one when you arrive or you can purchase one from Amorette's Patisserie and take it to the restaurant.

I'm wondering... what size is the bottom layer of the mini cakes? I am wondering if I can stack a mini cake on top of a 6" cake. Want a tiered cake look/theme, but don't have a lot of people to feed cake to. :cake: Not sure if this will work or not. TIA!

Yes, a mini cake will fit atop a 6-inch cake!

We will be celebrating my daughter's birthday at Disney this November, and I was wondering if you can specify a specific time for a cake to be delivered to your hotel room, or is it just within a certain window? Will they deliver early in the morning?

Yes, you can specify a time, but it may not arrive exactly then. Probably the best way to do it would be to call Private Dining about 20 or 30 minutes before you want it to arrive and request it, if you can. When you place the order, let them know it needs to be ready early in the morning so they can finish it the day before.

Yes, a mini cake will fit atop a 6-inch cake!

Yes, you can specify a time, but it may not arrive exactly then. Probably the best way to do it would be to call Private Dining about 20 or 30 minutes before you want it to arrive and request it, if you can. When you place the order, let them know it needs to be ready early in the morning so they can finish it the day before.
Thank you!

I am trying to order a cake to have for my daughter's in-room birthday celebration at The Riviera. I called today and the CM said she has only ever processed orders for people with reservations at Topolino and suggested I call them to see if they would allow me to pick it up in the restaurant to take back to our room. She didn't have a phone number and of course there isn't one published. I'm not sure how I can reach them. Has anyone had experience with cakes for The Riviera or have any other suggestions?

@karin6996

As it says in Post #1, cakes for Riviera are (or were, pre-shutdown) made by the Yacht & Beach Club. Call them at the number in Post #2 and explain that you want to order one for delivery at Riviera.

@karin6996

As it says in Post #1, cakes for Riviera are (or were, pre-shutdown) made by the Yacht & Beach Club. Call them at the number in Post #2 and explain that you want to order one for delivery at Riviera.

As I said in my post, I did call and I spoke with a CM. I'm sorry I didn't specifically state that it was a Yacht and Beach CM at the number posted in the first post, but indeed it was. The CM on the cake line was not helpful in options for knowing if I could pick up at Topolinos instead of having a dinner reservation. Her only suggestion was to call Topolinos but she didn't have a phone number. I thought this group might be have some experience. I apologize if my question was an inconvenience.

As I said in my post, I did call and I spoke with a CM. I'm sorry I didn't specifically state that it was a Yacht and Beach CM at the number posted in the first post, but indeed it was. The CM on the cake line was not helpful in options for knowing if I could pick up at Topolinos instead of having a dinner reservation. Her only suggestion was to call Topolinos but she didn't have a phone number. I thought this group might be have some experience. I apologize if my question was an inconvenience.

Ah, I see! We just get a lot of posts here from people who haven't bothered to read the extensive info in the first 2 posts. So, it can be tricky to arrange cakes for room delivery at resorts that don't have Private Dining, like Riviera. Usually they are delivered to the resort's table-service restaurant, and you arrange this by speaking to someone on the food and beverage staff at the resort or the restaurant.

Disney has made this pretty difficult now that all the resort phone numbers go to a single call center, but I have had some success in the past by asking them to transfer me to the host stand at the resort's restaurant. The number for Riviera Resort is (407) 828-7030. You might have to call a few times before you get a cast member who understands what you want. No need to go into detail with the first person. Just ask to speak to someone actually in the restaurant, and then explain the situation to *that* person. Hopefully some manager there will assure you that you can order a cake for delivery on X day and time at Topolino and then you can call back Yacht Club Private Dining and place the order.

Ah, I see! We just get a lot of posts here from people who haven't bothered to read the extensive info in the first 2 posts. So, it can be tricky to arrange cakes for room delivery at resorts that don't have Private Dining, like Riviera. Usually they are delivered to the resort's table-service restaurant, and you arrange this by speaking to someone on the food and beverage staff at the resort or the restaurant.

Disney has made this pretty difficult now that all the resort phone numbers go to a single call center, but I have had some success in the past by asking them to transfer me to the host stand at the resort's restaurant. The number for Riviera Resort is (407) 828-7030. You might have to call a few times before you get a cast member who understands what you want. No need to go into detail with the first person. Just ask to speak to someone actually in the restaurant, and then explain the situation to *that* person. Hopefully some manager there will assure you that you can order a cake for delivery on X day and time at Topolino and then you can call back Yacht Club Private Dining and place the order.
Thank you for the information! I ended up purchasing a cake here in Tampa and will bring it with us as I could never reach anyone at Topolino.

Has anyone heard if you are able to order cakes to AKL yet? I tried calling the AKL number but there was no answer. If not- any suggestions on another way we could get a cake? We will be in Animal Kingdom that day; would it make sense to order a cake to a restaurant there and just pick it up?? Not sure if that’s something they would allow us to do.
Were you able to get a cake? My twins have their birthday when we’re there in Jan and I’d love to get them a cake.

I just want to clarify something....since the contemporary team is back, if I'm eating at WL, I can get them to send something there? My son doesn't love cake but he loves white chocolate and pre-covid, I know the contemporary team had a white chocolate monorail that they did. Anyone have any idea if they would send this over to WL? I wonder if its too fragile? We are staying at BW but I dont see the white chocolate monorail on their list of possibilities.

@NicoleLarson The monorail is only offered by the Contemporary. You'll need to speak directly to the Cakes team their to find out if they can deliver it to WL for you. It does seem pretty fragile, but I've seen it on wedding cakes at the GF, so they must have some way to transport it!

@NicoleLarson The monorail is only offered by the Contemporary. You'll need to speak directly to the Cakes team their to find out if they can deliver it to WL for you. It does seem pretty fragile, but I've seen it on wedding cakes at the GF, so they must have some way to transport it!

Thank you so much, you are always a wealth of information. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!