** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I bought mine in January intending to use them in May. If I can't get there in December as planned, I'm just going to have to sit on them for three years.

Well, I’ve come crawling back. Rebooked our stay for Dec. 2-7th at the GCH. I was saying all week we’d do WDW if it didn’t work out but after the Florida state mandates went YOLO I’m just going to wait (not so patiently) for Disneyland.

Here’s praying we can all go!

I haven't pulled the plug yet, but my DD and I had a long discussion about it when I went to visit her at college and she is ok with cancelling and trying another time. Part of me agrees, since this is our first trip I don't want a watered down version of DL, but part of me wants to go so bad since it was originally supposed to be her high school graduation trip and we of course couldn't go in May and we moved it to first November and now December. I'm just being stubborn at this point I know, but I just hate the thought of actually cancelling and not knowing when we will get to actually plan on going.

I'm curious to know how all of you December people are feeling about your trips at this point. One day I'm super positive and the next I'm ready to throw in the towel! Honestly, if I hadn't already purchased tickets I probably would have already thrown in the towel. I can't decide how long I should wait before I start making plans for a plan B trip for the same time frame. It's been such an awful year (for everyone), but our family has had some extra doses of crappiness, and I really want to end the year by doing something fun. Initially, when I planned our trip, I was trying to get there as soon as our school Christmas break started, but finish our park days by the 21st. My thinking was that crowds would build as it got closer to Christmas. Now that the reservation system will likely keep crowds level (if the park is actually open), I think I might build in a break day?

Where is your head at? Are you still making plans?

ETA: I've also looked a bit at WDW, but flights for my dates for the 5 of us were outrageous:(
Yes!! I so agree with "one day i'm super positive and the next I'm ready to throw in the towel"! That is exactly me too. Today is a day I'm feeling not positive the trip will happen. The latest articles showing Newsom hasn't even acknowledged the theme parks is leaving me feeling so frustrated. For me half the fun of a trip is happy anticipation and planning, and I am not getting that this time. I feel like even if they do happen to open I kind of lost out on that aspect.
My family accuses me of enjoying the planning more than the trip, it may or may not be true;) Sounds like you've got a good back up plan!
This is me, too! I keep wavering between being excited to end this year on a higher note, and hesitant to plan anything, because so many things are up in the air right now. I definitely LOVE the months of planning leading up to a trip, so it's beyond weird that we can't plan much. I have a feeling that after all this anticipation, I'll be totally blindsided by a reopening announcement and not know what to do with myself.:faint:

I haven't pulled the plug yet, but my DD and I had a long discussion about it when I went to visit her at college and she is ok with cancelling and trying another time. Part of me agrees, since this is our first trip I don't want a watered down version of DL, but part of me wants to go so bad since it was originally supposed to be her high school graduation trip and we of course couldn't go in May and we moved it to first November and now December. I'm just being stubborn at this point I know, but I just hate the thought of actually cancelling and not knowing when we will get to actually plan on going.
I know how you feel...I held on to my previous planned trips for as long as possible. Just having something booked while I looked at my other options made me feel better.

Well, I’ve come crawling back. Rebooked our stay for Dec. 2-7th at the GCH. I was saying all week we’d do WDW if it didn’t work out but after the Florida state mandates went YOLO I’m just going to wait (not so patiently) for Disneyland.

Here’s praying we can all go!
Welcome back! I'm already nervous about flying, so I totally sympathize with playing it safe. Hopefully, we'll all hear some good news about a reopening in the next few weeks.

I heard something depressing the other day that I've been keeping to myself because I didn't want it to be true. On a facebook live that Get Away Today did on Tuesday, they said that they had been told by their Disney rep, that 2019 ticket expirations would not be extended:headache::mad:. They are not ones to be throwing out mistruths, so sadly, I am inclined to think that they really were told this by Disney. I just seriously cannot believe that Disney wouldn't make it right with those of us who are holding tickets, but who knows what's to come:confused3.
That’s SO wrong. So very wrong.

Food for thought- if Disneyland gets people to hold onto their tickets so they pass the 180 days from purchase folks can’t dispute the charge with their banks so DLR they can do anything they want at that point...

So far I think those who have asked for a refund are getting them so no one has had to dispute with their bank?

I heard something depressing the other day that I've been keeping to myself because I didn't want it to be true. On a facebook live that Get Away Today did on Tuesday, they said that they had been told by their Disney rep, that 2019 ticket expirations would not be extended:headache::mad:. They are not ones to be throwing out mistruths, so sadly, I am inclined to think that they really were told this by Disney. I just seriously cannot believe that Disney wouldn't make it right with those of us who are holding tickets, but who knows what's to come:confused3.
2019 ticket expirations absolutely should not be extended, as the parks were fully open into March of 2020. Did you mean 2021 expirations? Those are the ones that ought to be.

2019 ticket expirations absolutely should not be extended, as the parks were fully open into March of 2020. Did you mean 2021 expirations? Those are the ones that ought to be.
Tickets purchased at the 2019 price expire on Jan 12, 2021, that's why I'm calling them 2019 tickets. I purchased my "2019" tickets during the 1st week of February 2020. The parks shut down 5 weeks later. So, given Disney's current policy, my tickets were only valid for 5 weeks. Obviously this could change when they reopen. But, even if they opened on say, Nov 6 (just making up a date like everyone else), my tickets would only be valid for 3 months of the year since purchase. Not at all fair.

Edit: I just saw your post above about purchasing tickets in January, so I'm sure this was way more explanation than you needed😂, but maybe it will help someone else.

Last edited:

Like Cal-Pie, I bought my 2019 tickets (expiration January, 2021) in February, 2020. They should absolutely be extended. I had them for just a month before the park closed. And I don't live in California, so when my family has five-day park hoppers, we come for a whole week. I have a hotel booked for December because I feel very pressed to use them in the tiny window that I have. It's bad customer service if they don't extend the expiration.

Last edited:
For everyone still participating in this thread:
Please keep up with the DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD OPENED 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR DLR UPDATES! for all the latest official information on what is going on right now with theme parks in CA. This has been a tense week regarding the possible release of reopening guidelines (which weren't released after all). If you still have an upcoming trip this year, keep current with that superthread!

Who here from out of state is still holding on to their December trip?
We’re booked for the 12-26th and not sure when to pull the plug.

I'm out of state, figuring I'll hold of until the end of October before I'll have to make a final decision.

I am out of state, and actually beginning the cancellation process of my October trip..but holding on to hope for December 4-9th I won’t cancel until I have to. My trip is through Disneyland travel so I need to look into those details of how long I can wait for full refund . Airlines tickets will only result in a credit. So much speculation on politics & Covid. So many opinions.
If the parks are open, I will attend. 💕

Still holding out hope here as well. I keep flipping between "there's a long time until December" and "December is coming so fast". Lol. All we can do is wait i guess.

I bit the bullet today. December trip canceled. We are going to WDW. Got our tickets switched with getawaytoday. We have never gone during the week before Christmas before. It might be crowded, but I hope the cap is low enough to make it enjoyable. Could be a mistake, but I didn't want to hinge my trip on a governor's decisions.

I bit the bullet today. December trip canceled. We are going to WDW. Got our tickets switched with getawaytoday. We have never gone during the week before Christmas before. It might be crowded, but I hope the cap is low enough to make it enjoyable. Could be a mistake, but I didn't want to hinge my trip on a governor's decisions.
Exciting for you! I'm jealous. I wish I could make WDW work for our dates, but I just can't do it, unfortunately. You'll be busy with fun planning while we're over twiddling our thumbs, waiting on Newsom.

Exciting for you! I'm jealous. I wish I could make WDW work for our dates, but I just can't do it, unfortunately. You'll be busy with fun planning while we're over twiddling our thumbs, waiting on Newsom.
Planning still doesn't feel quite real. Everything seems so iffy these days.

I hope for everyone's sake that Newsom allows Disneyland to open soon. I can't wait to get back-- hopefully sometime next year. It's my home park, even though I live in Utah. I've been going there all my life.

This will only be my third time going to WDW. It's not the same at all. But I hope we have fun.

I officially cancelled our December trip. Booked a June trip instead. Hopefully that one will happen! Good luck to everyone still going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter