** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, given these new "guidelines," we have changed our flights. We are now spending Christmas in Atlanta with DH's family instead of going to DL over New Year's, so you can take me off the list for my 12/28-1/3 stay at the Peacock. The BFF DTD overnight 12/4-12/5 is still on, though (AND I got my reservation for Ralph Brennan's)!

This makes me sad. 2020 will be the first year since 2011 that I have not set foot in any Disney park. Unless they actually do open up Main Street and Buena Vista Street for shopping (as I've heard rumored they might).

Well, given these new "guidelines," we have changed our flights. We are now spending Christmas in Atlanta with DH's family instead of going to DL over New Year's, so you can take me off the list for my 12/28-1/3 stay at the Peacock. The BFF DTD overnight 12/4-12/5 is still on, though (AND I got my reservation for Ralph Brennan's)!

This makes me sad. 2020 will be the first year since 2011 that I have not set foot in any Disney park. Unless they actually do open up Main Street and Buena Vista Street for shopping (as I've heard rumored they might).
I've removed your 12/28 dates. Congrats on getting your Ralph Brennan reservations! And now there will at least be a little more Disney magic on your early Dec. dates when Buena Vista Street reopens🎄

I cancelled my birthday trip a few days ago (Dec 8th). Sad that the parks won't be open! However, I am off to WDW in about 3 weeks!
Aw, I'm so sorry your birthday trip won't work out. Time to splurge at WDW to make up for it🥳

Catal is hosting their Annual breakfast with Santa. See more here: https://www.patinagroup.com/catal-restaurant/breakfast-with-santa
Thanks for the heads up! I've added Breakfast with Santa to the first page. As of today (10/26), all dates are still available for anyone wanting to make a reservation:
12/5-6
12/12-13
12/19-20
12/24

Thanks for sharing the news here! I've added the official Disney Parks Blog link to the first page:

More Shopping, More Dining! Coming Soon: Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort Extends to Buena Vista Street

Heads up from the Knott's Food Festival thread:

ETA: I'm assuming its a holiday event...lol Not sure what else it would be but really crossing fingers that's what it actually is. :o

For those mentioning wanting to go to a Holiday event....Knotts posted this on Instagram and Facebook.
View attachment 534779

My sister and I have turned on notifications and picked a possible day to get tickets as soon as they go on sale. :banana:

No big surprise here, but I received an email today from Courtyard waterpark canceling my reservation 12/18-12/23. They were supposed to reopen on the 18th, so it looks like that is no longer the case.

Thank you for the post! I would love to book one of these, but not knowing if VGC will be open in December I will just wait and hope it doesn't completely sell out. I would still do a hotel stay even if the parks are not open. Still hanging on for a xmas miracle:santa:
Just as a backup, you might want to look at the Knott's website. Someone mentioned that the Knott's hotel is doing packages that include the food festival. It's definitely not the GCH, but it might be worth looking at.

Just as a backup, you might want to look at the Knott's website. Someone mentioned that the Knott's hotel is doing packages that include the food festival. It's definitely not the GCH, but it might be worth looking at.
I think I will book a backup hotel to just have some sort of getaway, thanks!

Same here...first year since 2010 not going to Disneyland :(

Villas at the Grand Cal to open 12/6!! Just got my announcement!

"Dear DVC Member,

We have more great news to share with you from Disney Vacation Club. Today we’re excited to announce that The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will reopen beginning December 6.

This is yet another positive step forward – and our Cast couldn’t be happier to welcome you back home!

Just as we have done at Disney vacation destinations around the world, we are responsibly and thoughtfully implementing new health and safety measures as we re-open. Our gradual approach considers the guidance of government and local health authorities, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as that of the U.S. Travel Association and Disney’s team of health and safety professionals. This deliberate approach emphasizes a combination of measures such as:
  • Phased Reopening: During this initial phase, only the Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be open. The rest of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will remain closed.
  • Health & Wellness: A range of health and safety measures, such as physical distancing, face coverings and increased hand sanitizer stations have been implemented throughout the property.
  • Cleaning & Disinfecting: We’ve updated our procedures for cleaning and disinfecting, with a special emphasis on common areas such as lobbies, elevators and restrooms. And, before your arrival, every room will receive increased cleaning.
  • Cast Member Training & Workplace Safety: Safety starts with our Cast, and we’ve adopted a number of new policies and practices for Cast Members at work, with health screenings, new training, and workplace safety procedure.
During the initial reopening period, most dining, amenities, activities and services will be modified, limited in capacity or unavailable based on physical distancing and health guidelines. In addition, some areas and offerings will remain temporarily closed or unavailable. While Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park currently remain closed, Downtown Disney District has begun a phased reopening and offers a variety of shopping and dining experiences, including the expansion onto Buena Vista Street beginning November 19. Members with upcoming reservations will receive additional information on what to expect at The Villas during their stay soon.

We encourage you to use the Disney Vacation Club website for general information or the Member Online Booking Tool to book or modify a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation. Details about reopening plans and temporary adjustments to Disney Vacation Club policies are available on the Disney Vacation Club website.

While the new Disney experience may seem a little different, a magical and memorable visit awaits you and your family at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back home very soon!

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club

Our DVC reservation starts 12/7! Yay! I’m hoping that there will be upcoming announcements of expanded shopping and dining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter