***Official DLR February 2021 Check In Thread***

well thats me out again... sigh...

My airline cancelled my flights and I got a cancellation email from Desert Inn and Suites :(

I am going to rebook for March but at this stage I really don't know. I'm not expecting Disneyland to be open in March so I will just spend about a week in LA. I think in my head I really have to come to terms that most likely my flights will eventually be moved to June, but that too far away at the moment. I know people think I'm crazy, rebooking every few months, but its my way of coping with this utterly horrible world we find ourselves in.

I will continue to update and hopefully some people may get an LA / Downtown Disney trip in February.

I agree with what @theluckyrabbit said, push your dates out as far as possible.

I was planning on (hopefully) visiting my cousin in LA County in early Feb. I'd drive down with no stops (thank you, Prius) and we'd just isolate together at her house (we're lazy-bugs anyway). But now with the regional lockdowns AND the zero availability of ICU beds region-wide I've decided it's not in anybody's best interests for me to go. I wouldn't want to take the chance of burdening the already over-burdened healthcare system down there or being denied a hospital bed due to overcrowding.

I'm now thinking it likely that we won't see each other until late summer or early fall, after most people have been vaccinated. We normally see each other at least once a year, often twice. It will likely now be over two years by the time it's 'safe' and also 'ethical' for me to travel to her area.

I know people think I'm crazy, rebooking every few months, but its my way of coping with this utterly horrible world we find ourselves in.
I don't think you're crazy. Or at least if you are there's a lot of us here that are also crazy, many of us are rebooking every few months to kick the can a little further down the road hoping it'll open. My Feb trip hasn't officially been cancelled yet, but I need to start moving stuff to the spring break/Memorial Day/July trips that I've rebooked and hope at least one will work out so I don't lose points.

I know people think I'm crazy, rebooking every few months, but its my way of coping with this utterly horrible world we find ourselves in.

You're definitely not crazy. I don't have flights to deal with like you do since I live in Cali, but I have so many hotel bookings at this point. I finally cancelled the last NYE one I still was holding on to, but have several more stays booked through May right now.

My way I'm keeping myself semi sane is by checking those stays almost daily and rebooking when I see a price drop. It was my routine pre-pandemic and it gives me a sense of normalcy now.

You do what you need to do :hug: . You'll get zero judgment from me. Only hope one of these trips will actually happen for you soon.

My airline cancelled my flights and I got a cancellation email from Desert Inn and Suites :(

I am going to rebook for March ...

I will continue to update and hopefully some people may get an LA / Downtown Disney trip in February.

Good luck, and I hope that your trip is sooner than later.

I am going to rebook for March but at this stage I really don't know.
Ooooo, change to mid-April. Then we would have a chance to meet the infamous BadPinkTink :cool1:

For any international travelers still planning trips to the US in February:

CDC: Travelers boarding international flights to the US will need proof of negative COVID test starting 1/26/21 --
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-require-negative-covid-19-185004472.html

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/us-require-arriving-passengers-covid-223630404.html

this is becoming the standard now, many countries have announced the same over the last week or so. Many European countries have been requiring this for a few months and constructing testing centres at airports.

We are planning to go to DLR next year for what would be Mardi Gras here in NOLA (end of February- early March). How are the crowds then? What can we expect as far as weather? Thanks!

We are planning to go to DLR next year for what would be Mardi Gras here in NOLA (end of February- early March). How are the crowds then? What can we expect as far as weather? Thanks!
Check the first post in this thread -- there are some holidays and important Feb. dates for you to note for your trip. Other basic Feb. info may show up in this thread later, so just keep a general watch throughout the month. Post pandemic is so different from pre pandemic -- information from older threads may not be all that helpful for you.
Keep watching the Official Reopening Superthread on this board to see when the parks finally reopen -- how late they reopen and with what kind of restrictions. If the parks reopen late in the year and the restrictions last into early next year, that will affect the crowds into Feb. If the parks reopen earlier and the restrictions are eased by early next year, that will affect the crowds into Feb. You see how things could go either way and there is no way to predict anything this early with the parks still closed.
Weather is much easier -- from the stickies at the top of the first page: "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158 (But keep an eye on this board in the week or two right before your trip dates. If there is unusual weather for the season, you can bet there will be threads about it here!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!