***Official DLR June 2021 Check In Thread***

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Updates

2021 Grad Nite Dates: CANCELLED 24 NOVEMBER 2020
Overview | Disneyland Resort Grad Nite at Disney California Adventure Park | Celebrations & Field Trips
May 14,15,19,21,22,26,27
June 1,2,4,5,8,9,11,12,18

Official 2021 Grad Nite Cancellation Notice https://www.disneyyouth.com/programs/field-trips/dlr/grad-nite-disneyland/

Disneyland Reopening Update Friday 5 March 2021
The California Governor has issued a new plan for Covid Recovery. Disneyland and other theme parks will be allowed to reopen from April 1 when their county reaches the Red Tier. However Disneyland and other theme parks will only be allowed to have guests who are resident in California. There will be no out of state or international visitors allowed. California resident theme park guests will have to buy tickets in advance online and there will be a very limited capacity and very limited rides, attractions and food available.

Disneyland Reopening Update Wednesday 17 March 2021
Disneyland official reopening date April 30 2021 announced.
The updated Snow White dark ride will open when the park reopens.
Character interactions will be similar to WDW
No parades or shows
Limited capacity and social distancing similar to WDW
Advance reservation system similar to WDW, which requires a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date
Reservation and park admission for California residents only
Soft opening before April 30 for CM's and invited guests
A Touch of Disney will go on as planned in DCA from March 18 through April 19
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa plans to reopen on April 29, with limited capacity
Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will plan to reopen May 2
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date.
Disneyland will reopen with outdoor dining only

Disneyland Reopening Update Tuesday 6 April 2021

Disneyland released the full info about tickets and the park reservation system. The full details can be found in post number 65 of this thread
  • April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
  • April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
  • April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
Four Steps To Make A Theme Park Reservation
  1. Once you have a valid theme park admission, access the theme park reservation system
  2. Create your party
  3. Select the day and theme park you would like to visit
  4. Review and confirm your visit
Which Rides and Attractions Will Reopen

Disneyland released the full info of which rides, attractions and experiences will reopen. The full list can be found in post number 66 of this thread

When Disneyland reopens there will be no
  • Parades and Nighttime Spectaculars
  • Character Greetings
  • Magical Makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Single Rider Queues
  • Magic Mornings or Extra Magic Hours
Fastpass and Maxpass will be suspended

Update Friday 9 April 2021

Avengers Campus will open on June 4 2021, full details in post number 67 of this thread
As of Monday 19 April anyone who wants to go to Avengers Campus on Opening Day needs to have a Park Hopper Ticket and make a reservation for Disneyland Park and hop over to DCA after 1pm.
There are no reservations available for DCA for people with 1 park per day tickets.
There are no reservations available for DCA for people who have park hopper tickets and want to start the day in DCA.

Update Thursday 22 April
Dining Reservations for June are now open. Only 4 table service restaurants are available to book
  1. Cafe Orleans
  2. River Belle Terrace
  3. Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
  4. Lamplight Lounge
Update Thursday 6 May
Paradise Pier Hotel to reopen on June 15
Storytellers Cafe and Napa Rose Resturants in Grand California Hotel to reopen May 28
Grand California Hotel entrance to DCA to reopen May 28

Update Monday 10 May

UPDATE – Foodie News: Dining Guide to Disneyland Resort Reopening
  • Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
  • Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
  • Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
  • Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
  • Storytellers Café (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
  • GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)
Update Saturday 22 May

Temperature Screenings Ending June 15

Disneyland Resort to End Onsite Temperature Screenings As of June 15, 2021

Since reopening, we have considered guidance from public health authorities, government agencies, and our own team of health and safety experts as we assess and update health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Based on the advice of the CDC and our local health officials, and given Orange County is now in the Yellow Tier and the State of California is preparing to reopen the economy on June 15—the Disneyland Resort will end onsite temperature screenings for Guests and Cast Members starting June 15, 2021.

We will continue to monitor the guidance of public health authorities and government agencies going forward and will make appropriate adjustments in the future based on that guidance.

Update Thursday May 27

Disneyland Resort Theme Parks to Welcome Back Guests from Outside California Beginning June 15; Plus, Theme Park Reservation Window Expands

We’re pleased to announce that beginning June 15, 2021, we will once again be able to welcome travelers from outside the state of California back to our theme parks! Out-of-state visitors may now begin booking their return to the parks on Disneyland.com.

The State of California strongly recommends that all guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the theme parks. In addition, all guests will be required to wear an approved face covering throughout their visit at the Disneyland Resort.

Beginning Wednesday May 26, the booking window for theme park reservations has expanded out to 120 days, allowing guests even more time to plan their return to the resort!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CaliforniaGirl09 Villas Grand Californian Hotel Check In June 1 Check Out June 4
coaches24 TBC Check In June 1 Check Out June 7 Park Reservations June 2, 3, 5, 6
wonderfuller Marriott Courtyard Check In June 1 Check Out June 5 Park Reservations June 2, 3, 4
kirstie101 Howard Johnsons Check In June 2 Check Out June 6 Park Reservations June 3 - 5
Malcon10t Grand California Hotel Check In June 3 Check Out June 7
evilmommie Local Park Reservations June 4 and June 16
kristensideaoffun Grand California Hotel Check In June 4 Check Out June 6 Park Reservations June 5, 6
dieumeye TBC Check In June 4 Check Out June 7 Park Reservations June 5 and 6
Pookie9922 TBC Park Reservations June 5, 6
ImarriedGrumpy Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 6 / 7 Check Out June 10 Park Reservations June 7, 8, 9
YoDisney Springhill Suites Convention Centre Check In June 8 Check Out June 12 Park Reservations June 9 -11
Katniss Mellark Best Western Check In June 8 Check Out June 12 Park Reservations June 9 - 11
Princess of Quite-A-Lot Castle Inn Check In June 10 Check Out June 13 Park Reservations June 11, 12
MsDisATC Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 10 Check Out June 13 Park Reservations June 11,12
emmybee Westin Check In June 10 Check Out June 14 Park Reservations June 11-13
DisneyJamieCA staying offsite June 12-16
berryinDC TBC Check In June 12 Check Out June 17 Park Reservations June 13-16
j9isawesome Marriott Convention Center Check In June 13 Check Out June 17 Park Reservations June 14th-16th
superden June 15 - 17
monkeypat83 Grand California Check In June 16 Check Out June 19 Park Reservations June 17, 18
rpiff AirBnB Park Reservations June 17 and June 18
shosh1530 Grand California / Courtyard Marriott / Tropicana Check In June 19 Check Out June 25 Park Reservations June 20 - 24
snapshot77777 AirBnB Check In June 19 Check Out June 24
Lauren in NC Villas Grand California Check In June 20 Check Out 27 Park Reservations June 21-25
Piglet99645 Desert Inn and Suites. Check In June 20 Check Out June 27 Park reservations June 21, 22, 23, 25, 26.
abbeyroad6282 TBD June 20
BandMom1 JW Marriott Check In June 21 Check Out June 23
edhmom Tropicana / Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 22 Check Out June 28 Park Reservations June 23 -27
avalon451 Best Western Park Place Check In June 23 Check Out June 24 Park Reservations June 23, 24
Flamingomo Best Western Plus Anaheim Check in June 25 Check out June 27
disneycat321 Tropicana / Best Western Park Place Inn Check In June 26 Check Out June 30 Park Reservations June 27, 28,29
disneycat321 Camelot Inn Check In June 27 Check Out June 29
jodybird511 Villas at Grand Californian Check In June 27 Check out June 29
abbeyroad6282 Castle Inn and Suites June 30

Last edited:
Yay! I'll jump in, too. My dates are still tentative since I I don't know if anyone wants to go with me yet. I'm currently booked for June 15-21 at Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites.

I'm an AP, so all dates are park days unless I'm limited by reservations. I'm crossing my fingers though that things will be a bit more normal by then. I was able to renew my AP before they stopped sales, so at least that's covered for this this trip.

Thanks for starting this thread! My heart did a little happy dance when I saw it. 😁

@tsumgirl you are welcome, I think we all just need to get out of 2020 right now :)

My dates are tentative too, I just looked at the calendar and check which dates I would most likely be booking for :)

Count me in as well. We were supposed to go last June for my daughter's 20th birthday, but will move it to next June to celebrate her 21st instead. She has already requested going to Oga's on her actual birthday. To add to the fun we'll have a service dog in training with us.

It would be nice if they opened up reservations for next summer, but we are hopefully going June 22-25 staying at DLH.

Count me in as well. We were supposed to go last June for my daughter's 20th birthday, but will move it to next June to celebrate her 21st instead. She has already requested going to Oga's on her actual birthday. To add to the fun we'll have a service dog in training with us.

It would be nice if they opened up reservations for next summer, but we are hopefully going June 22-25 staying at DLH.

Added you, :) when you get sorted with your hotel and finalise your dates, let me know, so that I can update :)

Hello, love that you started this!

I am not sure if we’ll be going at the end of June or mid-July yet. We’ll be staying at the Marriott Courtyard, unless I can snag a studio at VGC at 7 month mark.

I loosely have four park days, plus a day at Knotts’ and possibly a day at Magic Mountain. I’ve been to both and love Knott’s. I also can’t imagine not taking my coaster loving kids to MM.

Hello, love that you started this!

I am not sure if we’ll be going at the end of June or mid-July yet. We’ll be staying at the Marriott Courtyard, unless I can snag a studio at VGC at 7 month mark.

I loosely have four park days, plus a day at Knotts’ and possibly a day at Magic Mountain. I’ve been to both and love Knott’s. I also can’t imagine not taking my coaster loving kids to MM.

welcome :) thats ok, when you get your plans finalized and you end up in July, you can start the July thread :)

welcome :) thats ok, when you get your plans finalized and you end up in July, you can start the July thread :)

Thanks! : D I prefer end of June, but I’m trying to do research (probably pointless given covid) into crowd levels the days leading up to July 4. We’d be at a park on the 1st and 2nd of July.

Yes! I’m planning roughly for June 14-21 at the Grand Californian. Will probably change dates around when it gets close but mid-June is the goal.

I’ve pretty much given up on 2020 and putting all my hopes into next year.

Yes! I’m planning roughly for June 14-21 at the Grand Californian. Will probably change dates around when it gets close but mid-June is the goal.

I’ve pretty much given up on 2020 and putting all my hopes into next year.

Welcome, I've added you :)

Don't add us to the list yet, but we may be there in June 2021, probably around the 14-18 if we decide to go. We are deciding between WDW (much more expensive, longer trip that requires flying) and 5 days at DLR (more flexible, cheaper for us, can drive)- we've never done a DLR trip longer than 2 days plus a Halloween Party (so 2.5 days?) but have always wanted to try it. A lot depends on COVID restrictions and whether or not we decide to splurge or not. We have the money, but we also have other financial goals we are working on. We'll stay at BWPPI if we go, most likely.

We cancelled our December trip so I just booked June! I might have to adjust the days based on work but I booked June 12-17 at Hojo. Fingers crossed this trip actually happens now!!!

We are being crazy and have started talking about a trip to DLR in June. We were last at DLR Thanksgiving 2019 and had to cancel our trip to WDW this past summer thanks to COVID. Now I'm pregnant, due in April, but we're also jonesing for a Disney trip as soon as possible. We'll probably end up waiting until summer 2022 to return to WDW because of the baby, but 3 years is too long to be away, so we're considering DLR at the end of June. It's crazy, as we'd have a 2 month old with us, but we'd likely have grandparents with us for help and I feel like the weather would be much easier to handle in CA than FL. Our older kids will be 13 and almost 11 and are massive Disney addicts, so I want to do this for them. We would stay at the Disneyland Hotel, so breaks would be easy. Would likely go the last week of June. Is this crazy??

We are being crazy and have started talking about a trip to DLR in June. We were last at DLR Thanksgiving 2019 and had to cancel our trip to WDW this past summer thanks to COVID. Now I'm pregnant, due in April, but we're also jonesing for a Disney trip as soon as possible. We'll probably end up waiting until summer 2022 to return to WDW because of the baby, but 3 years is too long to be away, so we're considering DLR at the end of June. It's crazy, as we'd have a 2 month old with us, but we'd likely have grandparents with us for help and I feel like the weather would be much easier to handle in CA than FL. Our older kids will be 13 and almost 11 and are massive Disney addicts, so I want to do this for them. We would stay at the Disneyland Hotel, so breaks would be easy. Would likely go the last week of June. Is this crazy??

Welcome, congratulations on your pregnancy and no its not crazy :) I have been at Disneyland at the end of June every year for the last 10 years. Its a great time to visit. The weather is great, the mornings are cool and it really only gets burning hot in the afternoon. Before Covid the mornings were the best time to do Fanatsyland, weatherwise and crowd wise.

Also don't think you have to stay onsite to be near for breaks. Disneyland Hotel has a longer walk to the actual entrance turnstiles than some of the offsite motels / hotels. I have stayed at Desert In and Suites before, and I timed 10 minutes from my room to the bag check security area :)

The only thing to watch for tickets. Right now tickets are not being sold. Those of us planning a 2021 trip either have AP's or have tickets bought before the shut down. My ticket is valid until January 2022.

Right now there is no reopening date for Disneyland but we know that when they do reopen we will need a valid ticket and a reservation and capacity will be reduced to 25%.

You need to factor in that even if you do manage to buy tickets, you may not get a reservation for everyone in your party.

Also you will have to manage expectations regarding rides, attractions and entertainment. It will be very different to what you experienced at Thanksgiving 2019. Most likely there will be no park hopping and the hours could be a lot shorter. We know that Frozen show and Mickey and The Magical Lamp will not be reopening. There have been huge CM layoffs and until the park reopens we have no idea how these layoffs will affect rides, restaurants, snacks and things like character appearances and other entertainment.

Take a good look at the current situation in WDW, which rides are open, the masks, the reservation system, the way character appearances are, the limited menus at restaurants etc, etc. as Disneyland will be very similar when it reopens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter