***Official DLR June 2021 Check In Thread***

Welcome, congratulations on your pregnancy and no its not crazy :) I have been at Disneyland at the end of June every year for the last 10 years. Its a great time to visit. The weather is great, the mornings are cool and it really only gets burning hot in the afternoon. Before Covid the mornings were the best time to do Fanatsyland, weatherwise and crowd wise.

Also don't think you have to stay onsite to be near for breaks. Disneyland Hotel has a longer walk to the actual entrance turnstiles than some of the offsite motels / hotels. I have stayed at Desert In and Suites before, and I timed 10 minutes from my room to the bag check security area :)

The only thing to watch for tickets. Right now tickets are not being sold. Those of us planning a 2021 trip either have AP's or have tickets bought before the shut down. My ticket is valid until January 2022.

Right now there is no reopening date for Disneyland but we know that when they do reopen we will need a valid ticket and a reservation and capacity will be reduced to 25%.

You need to factor in that even if you do manage to buy tickets, you may not get a reservation for everyone in your party.

Also you will have to manage expectations regarding rides, attractions and entertainment. It will be very different to what you experienced at Thanksgiving 2019. Most likely there will be no park hopping and the hours could be a lot shorter. We know that Frozen show and Mickey and The Magical Lamp will not be reopening. There have been huge CM layoffs and until the park reopens we have no idea how these layoffs will affect rides, restaurants, snacks and things like character appearances and other entertainment.

Take a good look at the current situation in WDW, which rides are open, the masks, the reservation system, the way character appearances are, the limited menus at restaurants etc, etc. as Disneyland will be very similar when it reopens.
Welcome, congratulations on your pregnancy and no its not crazy :) I have been at Disneyland at the end of June every year for the last 10 years. Its a great time to visit. The weather is great, the mornings are cool and it really only gets burning hot in the afternoon. Before Covid the mornings were the best time to do Fanatsyland, weatherwise and crowd wise.

Also don't think you have to stay onsite to be near for breaks. Disneyland Hotel has a longer walk to the actual entrance turnstiles than some of the offsite motels / hotels. I have stayed at Desert In and Suites before, and I timed 10 minutes from my room to the bag check security area :)

The only thing to watch for tickets. Right now tickets are not being sold. Those of us planning a 2021 trip either have AP's or have tickets bought before the shut down. My ticket is valid until January 2022.

Right now there is no reopening date for Disneyland but we know that when they do reopen we will need a valid ticket and a reservation and capacity will be reduced to 25%.

You need to factor in that even if you do manage to buy tickets, you may not get a reservation for everyone in your party.

Also you will have to manage expectations regarding rides, attractions and entertainment. It will be very different to what you experienced at Thanksgiving 2019. Most likely there will be no park hopping and the hours could be a lot shorter. We know that Frozen show and Mickey and The Magical Lamp will not be reopening. There have been huge CM layoffs and until the park reopens we have no idea how these layoffs will affect rides, restaurants, snacks and things like character appearances and other entertainment.

Take a good look at the current situation in WDW, which rides are open, the masks, the reservation system, the way character appearances are, the limited menus at restaurants etc, etc. as Disneyland will be very similar when it reopens.

Thanks for the congrats and the info! We are definitely tempering our expectations and know that it won't be a typical experience if we're able to go. I wouldn't consider us DLR vets, but this would be our 4th family trip out there and my 6th trip overall, so not exactly our first rodeo either. The grandparents I referenced have been long-time Orange County residents and AP holders. We have stayed at Hojo, Fairfield, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian in the past, but liked the Disneyland Hotel best. The walk could get a little long sometimes, but we much preferred the walk through DTD to the walk down Harbor. The monorail was nice as well, though I'm not necessarily expecting it to be open next summer. I wouldn't recommend a visit anytime soon for folks who haven't been much before (assuming it's even open, selling new tickets, and allowing out of state travelers in), as I know it's likely to be a reduced experience. We're just desperate for Disney in any form. If DLR turns out to not be an option, we may still try for WDW, but I'm anticipating the weather and size would make that much more difficult with a small baby. That's my main concern for next year and the rational part of my brain tells me I should just wait until 2022. However, the Disney addict in there is screaming to grab at DLR if it turns out to be an option. :rotfl:

Thanks for the congrats and the info! We are definitely tempering our expectations and know that it won't be a typical experience if we're able to go. I wouldn't consider us DLR vets, but this would be our 4th family trip out there and my 6th trip overall, so not exactly our first rodeo either. The grandparents I referenced have been long-time Orange County residents and AP holders. We have stayed at Hojo, Fairfield, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian in the past, but liked the Disneyland Hotel best. The walk could get a little long sometimes, but we much preferred the walk through DTD to the walk down Harbor. The monorail was nice as well, though I'm not necessarily expecting it to be open next summer. I wouldn't recommend a visit anytime soon for folks who haven't been much before (assuming it's even open, selling new tickets, and allowing out of state travelers in), as I know it's likely to be a reduced experience. We're just desperate for Disney in any form. If DLR turns out to not be an option, we may still try for WDW, but I'm anticipating the weather and size would make that much more difficult with a small baby. That's my main concern for next year and the rational part of my brain tells me I should just wait until 2022. However, the Disney addict in there is screaming to grab at DLR if it turns out to be an option. :rotfl:

When we went last year we stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn. It's right across the street so you don't have the walk down Harbor. No, it's not the DLH, but it's closer and less expensive. Having said that, I am hoping to stay at DLH in June myself.

Alright friends, tell me what you love about June. I haven't entirely lost hope for my Christmas trip yet...I've just lost 99% of it😂. Plan B was to go in March, that just got crushed by a change in my son's college spring break schedule. Plan C was May, but our school district just dessimated that with an extension to the school year. Oh, covid🤦‍♀️. So, now I'm looking at June, and wondering if maybe, perhaps the parks might be open by then? I've never been during the summer, so I don't know what to expect, but I suppose no one knows what to expect next summer. Is there a glaringly obvious reason I should avoid June 26- July1? I kinda want to make a just in case reservation at PVI, but I'm nervous about the 1st night deposit. Will Harbor hotels still be in business? (I'm so sad for them ☹️)

Alright friends, tell me what you love about June. I haven't entirely lost hope for my Christmas trip yet...I've just lost 99% of it😂. Plan B was to go in March, that just got crushed by a change in my son's college spring break schedule. Plan C was May, but our school district just dessimated that with an extension to the school year. Oh, covid🤦‍♀️. So, now I'm looking at June, and wondering if maybe, perhaps the parks might be open by then? I've never been during the summer, so I don't know what to expect, but I suppose no one knows what to expect next summer. Is there a glaringly obvious reason I should avoid June 26- July1? I kinda want to make a just in case reservation at PVI, but I'm nervous about the 1st night deposit. Will Harbor hotels still be in business? (I'm so sad for them ☹)

Im usually in LA and Disneyland end of June, start of July every year. Weather is the best, the mornings are cool and overcast, which means its a great time to be out and about. It really only gets burning hot in the afternoon.

For Disneyland, I'm usually in the parks for rope drop or soon after opening time. Before Coved, this time of the year was the most perfect time to visit. End of June, start of July the parks were at summer hours, 8am to midnight and unless it was something major, there were no ride closures or refurbs. Early morning I could do every ride in Fantasyland in about 2 hours, other than Peter Pan, which is usually a 20 minute wait, all Fantasyland is a walk on.

Grad nights are usually over by 20th June and the crowds are low compared to end of July and into August.

This is my trip report from end July start July 2019, which will give you what could be done https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...any-firsts-mixed-with-old-favourites.3758518/
HOWEVER most of this is probably out of date , as we have no idea what the parks will be like when they do reopen.

The Harbour Hotels will still be there, but many may change hands or not reopen in 2021.

Alright friends, tell me what you love about June. I haven't entirely lost hope for my Christmas trip yet...I've just lost 99% of it😂. Plan B was to go in March, that just got crushed by a change in my son's college spring break schedule. Plan C was May, but our school district just dessimated that with an extension to the school year. Oh, covid🤦‍♀️. So, now I'm looking at June, and wondering if maybe, perhaps the parks might be open by then? I've never been during the summer, so I don't know what to expect, but I suppose no one knows what to expect next summer. Is there a glaringly obvious reason I should avoid June 26- July1? I kinda want to make a just in case reservation at PVI, but I'm nervous about the 1st night deposit. Will Harbor hotels still be in business? (I'm so sad for them ☹)
Still not ready to call time of death on my Christmas trip, but I did go ahead and book a suite at Tropicana, June 26-July1. I'd prefer Park Vue, but I'm just too nervous about giving a deposit to any good neighbor right now. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Still not ready to call time of death on my Christmas trip, but I did go ahead and book a suite at Tropicana, June 26-July1. I'd prefer Park Vue, but I'm just too nervous about giving a deposit to any good neighbor right now. Fingers crossed 🤞.

I have added you. It will be different from from your previous visits but for all of us, our next visit will be different. Hopefully they will still have the longer hours. You will be in the parks the same time as me :)

I’m tempted to buy my plane tickets, flights are lowest I’ve ever seen. I’m trying to get my head around changes / change fee modifications but I may pull the trigger, especially with the vaccine news.

We are planning to be there June 19-24 We are Driving there from Illinois. Already have Airbnb booked, tickets purchased. Just praying that things get back to a somewhat normal state. This trip is a bucket list trip for my family. My son is graduating in May and this is what he wanted for his graduation. I believe I raised him right when Disneyland is his choice. We gave him a choice of anywhere he wanted to go.

@snapshot77777 welcome, I have added you to the list :) Just a word of caution about AirBnB and short term rentals in general in Anaheim. There has been a lot of issues in the last few years regarding the regulations of short term rentals in Anahiem. Make sure to double and triple check about the property you have booked. There have been instances in the past when people have turned up in Anaheim and found that they don't have somewhere to stay or that they have booked an illegal short term rental and have been fined.

@snapshot77777 welcome, I have added you to the list :) Just a word of caution about AirBnB and short term rentals in general in Anaheim. There has been a lot of issues in the last few years regarding the regulations of short term rentals in Anahiem. Make sure to double and triple check about the property you have booked. There have been instances in the past when people have turned up in Anaheim and found that they don't have somewhere to stay or that they have booked an illegal short term rental and have been fined.
I have heard about that too. We have been in contact with the Seller, we have checked hundreds of reviews and the one we picked seems to be very legit. I hope and pray everything goes well.

Disneyland just announced Grad Nites 2021 are cancelled
Official 2021 Grad Nite Cancellation Notice https://www.disneyyouth.com/programs/field-trips/dlr/grad-nite-disneyland/

Disneyland Resort Grad Nite Update

Thank you for your interest in Grad Nite 2021 at the Disneyland Resort. The recently released state guidelines related to theme parks put us in limbo regarding a reopening timeline in the foreseeable future, and therefore we are unable to move forward with Grad Nite 2021.

We know how disappointing this will be to the many graduates who were looking forward to celebrating at the Disneyland Resort, and we thank you for your understanding during these challenging and unprecedented times. We look forward to celebrating your students in years to come

I was planning a split stay with candy cane inn and grand californian (dvc). I am, however, leaning toward canceling. I’m sure the weather will be lovely, but I don’t think I will want to spend the day in masks when it’s so warm.

I am also on the fence after realizing my kids won’t have had the vaccine themselves by then. I think I’m going to change to a December trip before Christmas, the cooler weather may help me with the mask item, and perhaps my kids will (hopefully) have been able to get the vaccine.

I was planning a split stay with candy cane inn and grand californian (dvc). I am, however, leaning toward canceling. I’m sure the weather will be lovely, but I don’t think I will want to spend the day in masks when it’s so warm.

I am also on the fence after realizing my kids won’t have had the vaccine themselves by then. I think I’m going to change to a December trip before Christmas, the cooler weather may help me with the mask item, and perhaps my kids will (hopefully) have been able to get the vaccine.

Thats a shame, but everyone will have to really think about the type and location of vacations in 2021. You have to do whats best for you and your family. Rescheduling to December might be a good choice for you :) best of luck with your rescheduling and planning :)

Thats a shame, but everyone will have to really think about the type and location of vacations in 2021. You have to do whats best for you and your family. Rescheduling to December might be a good choice for you :) best of luck with your rescheduling and planning :)

Thanks! Envisioning this trip was helping me, so that’s a little hard to give up.

Well, my December trip that turned into a June trip just turned into a (first ever) WDW trip in May. After waiting forever to hear that my DL tickets had been extended, I just started the refund process on them and purchased WDW tickets. Life takes some twisty turns!

We are being crazy and have started talking about a trip to DLR in June. We were last at DLR Thanksgiving 2019 and had to cancel our trip to WDW this past summer thanks to COVID. Now I'm pregnant, due in April, but we're also jonesing for a Disney trip as soon as possible. We'll probably end up waiting until summer 2022 to return to WDW because of the baby, but 3 years is too long to be away, so we're considering DLR at the end of June. It's crazy, as we'd have a 2 month old with us, but we'd likely have grandparents with us for help and I feel like the weather would be much easier to handle in CA than FL. Our older kids will be 13 and almost 11 and are massive Disney addicts, so I want to do this for them. We would stay at the Disneyland Hotel, so breaks would be easy. Would likely go the last week of June. Is this crazy??
I went with a 2 month old + DS11 around the same time of year as you're thinking of in 2018 ... we didn't want to miss PixarFest and had AP's so adding on a trip when we'd previously planned on not going again until the fall wasn't a big financial burden. The weather in June/July in SoCal is pretty mellow compared to Florida, and having grandparents to help will be awesome! Staying close was very important to me with a little one that small, we stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn, stuck to mellow rides. Your tweens will love the DLH pool. The pictures from that trip are some of my favorites, go and enjoy taking lots of pictures.

Well, my December trip that turned into a June trip just turned into a (first ever) WDW trip in May. After waiting forever to hear that my DL tickets had been extended, I just started the refund process on them and purchased WDW tickets. Life takes some twisty turns!

aww, sorry to lose you from the Disneyland thread, but at least you are still getting to a Disney park :)

well I finally got my head around things and rebooked flights for June. So now at least I have definite dates again. My airline is great, there is no charge to change dates. I'm not booking a hotel in Anaheim just yet, I'm going to wait for a few months and see how things go. My Disneyland tickets are still in date, they are valid until January 2022. I have a 3 day ticket, so I'm not sure yet if I want to do 3 park days in a row, or add an extra day in Anaheim and have a rest day in the middle.

I am still planning to visit my friends in LA for a week before transferring to Anaheim. I cancelled the hotel I had booked and again I'm just going to wait and see for a while.

So now its back to the waiting game of the travel bans. I can't see my Government doing anything until at least March, as right now Ireland is not in a good place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!