****Official DLR November 2020 Check in****

might as well close this thread....
So sad, but true.
That decision is up to the OP. We have kept every check in thread for this year open right up the last day of each month so that every DISer in each thread had a place to go to ask questions, get answers, and find a virtual shoulder to cry on when needed. While it would have been much easier to shut down the threads, I'd like to believe that a few DISers found the help they needed. And not everyone has a trip planned for the parks now -- some people are planning quick getaways for DTD (some for Dapper Day) and Knott's.

I'm going to hold out some small shred of hope for the November peeps. I'll keep this open for now.
I'm still hopeful that maybe Disney will choose to do a Food Festival like Knotts, open the hotels, or something that would allow those of us that want to drive to a staycation that is more than DTD might have other options. Given that they accepted yellow and didn't ask for a delay of the release of the guidelines, maybe they will take a Plan B seriously.

I'm going to hold out some small shred of hope for the November peeps. I'll keep this open for now.
So good to see you! Hope that you and your son are hanging in there and doing well. :) And I'm glad you'll be keeping this thread open. Who knows what could happen between now and the end of next month? At least we all will have a place to wish each other a Happy Thanksgiving!

I have jumped off the Coronacoaster for November and I saved my DVC points (more or less). For my 26 banked AKV points, I gifted 24 to a friend and made her an AKV reservations (originally SSR, but was able to get her AKV this AM which she prefers). For the 11/18-20 reservation, I had emailed DVC and copied a high up person with my concerns, and got a call from the supervisor team. And they were able to do some magic. My 30 current year points were banked to next year (heard they had stopped allowing late banking so this was a major relief) and then the 10 2018 banked Dec UY points were put on a March 2021 Boardwalk reservation. So essentially, I am only losing the 2 points. Huge weight off my shoulders.

I have jumped off the Coronacoaster for November and I saved my DVC points (more or less). For my 26 banked AKV points, I gifted 24 to a friend and made her an AKV reservations (originally SSR, but was able to get her AKV this AM which she prefers). For the 11/18-20 reservation, I had emailed DVC and copied a high up person with my concerns, and got a call from the supervisor team. And they were able to do some magic. My 30 current year points were banked to next year (heard they had stopped allowing late banking so this was a major relief) and then the 10 2018 banked Dec UY points were put on a March 2021 Boardwalk reservation. So essentially, I am only losing the 2 points. Huge weight off my shoulders.
I did something similar - I had a reservation at VGC for 11/23-11/27, and I was able to cancel that and get my points that were banked from 2019 applied to my previously existing Beach Club reservation for April 2021. That's 98 points I'm no longer in danger of losing.

Called to cancel our 11/4 - 11/7 PPH this morning. Wanted to start the refund process. Now I'm intrigued by Buena Vista street opening and wondering if that's worth the drive up to walk around. I need to check the boards, but does DTD close for capacity? Or can we leisurely show up? I"m not too familiar with this DCA. Are there any views to see from this street?

Called to cancel our 11/4 - 11/7 PPH this morning. Wanted to start the refund process. Now I'm intrigued by Buena Vista street opening and wondering if that's worth the drive up to walk around. I need to check the boards, but does DTD close for capacity? Or can we leisurely show up? I"m not too familiar with this DCA. Are there any views to see from this street?
This superthread has all the recent Information on DTD: Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!. Keep up with it, especially as you get closer to your trip dates, so that you will be aware of any changes or new rules. Right now, DTD parking can close (and pedestrian access can also be paused for certain periods) to control guest capacity. That information is in that linked superthread. There really aren't any views from the street ( I assume you mean Harbor or Katella).

Our DLH reservation was canceled for Dapper Days. I haven't canceled flights... mostly because I really want to come just to shop at DCA. :) Having said that, flights will be canceled soon.

This is sad news, but BVS being open does ease the sting.

From the Dapper Day website:

Fall 2020, Disneyland Resort, CA
UPDATE, Oct 23: Our Fall 2020 Disneyland Resort events are now cancelled.
Due to the theme park reopening requirements recently released by the state of California, and our ongoing discussions with the Disneyland Resort, it appears certain we will be unable to hold any sort of activity at the Anaheim property through the end of 2020. We have therefore asked Disney to cancel and refund all remaining group-rate reservations for stays booked over our planned Nov 14 + 15, 2020 event. (Those guests will be receiving those emails over the next day or so.)
Room reservations can’t be automatically transferred ahead to our April 10 +11, Spring 2021 events, but you may book with our special rates online here or by calling Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005, M-F 8-5, and request the “Dapper Day Group Rate.”
These Spring 2021 room reservations are fully refundable as long as you notify Disney Group Reservations of the change no less than 5 days before your arrival. (A refundable, one night room & tax deposit is required to guarantee your reservation at time of booking.)
There’s still stylish fun planned for November though! Join us for “DAPPER DAY at Home” Nov 21 +22! From castles big and small, dress to impress wherever you are and join us for a weekend of activities, live online from our Fall park outings in Walt Disney World, and beyond! Details at DapperDay.com
For any questions regarding your Disneyland Resort reservations, please contact Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005 M-F 8-5, or email: DLR.CONVENTION.GROUPS@DISNEY.COM

Was there an announcement on 2018 points being extended past November?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter