**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

sigh... well it looks like I'm out of the October planners... :( The Irish Government has just put my county in a local lockdown for 3 weeks. I can't leave my county until the next review on October 10, so being able to leave the island for international non essential travel in October is unlikely :(

I just need to get in the right frame of mind over the next few days and reschedule again.

(maybe October was never meant to be for me, as I was never added to the list on the first post :( )

sigh... well it looks like I'm out of the October planners... :( The Irish Government has just put my county in a local lockdown for 3 weeks. I can't leave my county until the next review on October 10, so being able to leave the island for international non essential travel in October is unlikely :(

I just need to get in the right frame of mind over the next few days and reschedule again.

(maybe October was never meant to be for me, as I was never added to the list on the first post :( )
Oh no! This is so frustrating... so many plans for so many people are completely dependent on things that cannot be controlled -- aargh! Stay safe, stay healthy, try to stay sane (!) -- focus on your surgery and recovery. Big hug. We'll be here for you for June and any other trips that might happen (pixie dust, right?).

Someone in the Speculation Superthread mentioned a new on site discount offer that runs from 10/15/20 through 12/31/20. No details yet from that poster on what the new offer includes. Might be worth a call for those who had to cancel and lost the previous discount offer.

From the Official Reopening Superthread:
Details on the new discount offer:
I just spoke with WDTC. I was told the new discount is 35% off weekdays and 25% off weekends. They only included GCH and PP in the verbal explanation. The rate can be applied to room only reservations right now. The discount will not be available until Monday, for those of us who have packages. I was told to call back. I confirmed the $50 resort credit is still valid.

My Oct 2nd reservation at the PPH was canceled today. We still have the weekend of the 16th at PPH as well and we have a 2 bedroom Villa at the Grand for Halloween weekend. At this point I'm losing hope for October and I think we're booking a trip to wdw in December.

I can’t believe how hard today is for me. I should be packing. My trip is October 16th, and while my reservations haven’t been canceled....I am realistic enough to know the trip isn’t happening. I have worked every day since March 13 when we shut down schools, going into emergency feeding and asking more of myself AND my staff than anyone should. We have worked harder and smarter, and reopened our school over a month ago with every safety protocol we could imagine, and our jobs became so much more difficult and challenging . This was the one thing that got me through most days. When I hit 20,000 steps by 10:00a.m. I shrugged it off as getting ready for Disneyland. Just a sad day.

Aww! We certainly understand. I had a trip planned for the 16th also. I canceled a few weeks ago and scheduled a November trip to WDW instead. It was so frustrating not being able to "plan" anything for my DL trip. A vacation to a Disney park is supposed to build excitement - not cause anxiety. I was on the fence about canceling, but the final decision came when I started seeing pics from DTD area of smoke from the fires. I said to myself - not only do you not know if the parks will open, but California is on fire ...
As soon as I started planning for WDW I was lifted out of the depressive funk I've been in. Can you go to WDW instead?

For everyone still participating in this thread:
Please keep up with the DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD OPENED 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR DLR UPDATES! for all the latest official information on what is going on right now with theme parks in CA. This has been a tense week regarding the possible release of reopening guidelines (which weren't released after all). If you still have an upcoming trip this year, keep current with that superthread! I don't know if this thread is still being hosted, so that superthread is where you'll find the official announcements about DLR's reopening.

Hello All,

I really hoped I would get to come back to this thread and get to update with an opening day, information on reservations and share October experiences. Unfortunately this its highly likely the parks will not open in October. I am so sorry for all the trips that won't happen. I'm still sad that our big southern CA trip with the kids to see the beach and legoland and disneyland wasnt meant to be. My hubby and I are headed to florida in a couple weeks to go to universal and WDW. I hope everyone can still find something to do to escape this never ending unprecedent time. Hopefully the parks open soon.

Hello All,

I really hoped I would get to come back to this thread and get to update with an opening day, information on reservations and share October experiences. Unfortunately this its highly likely the parks will not open in October. I am so sorry for all the trips that won't happen. I'm still sad that our big southern CA trip with the kids to see the beach and legoland and disneyland wasnt meant to be. My hubby and I are headed to florida in a couple weeks to go to universal and WDW. I hope everyone can still find something to do to escape this never ending unprecedent time. Hopefully the parks open soon.
Are you still hosting this thread? Updating? Checking for questions? Things like that... If not, someone else needs to take over until the end of the month.
Hope you have a fun trip and post a detailed trip report!

Are you still hosting this thread? Updating? Checking for questions? Things like that... If not, someone else needs to take over until the end of the month.
Hope you have a fun trip and post a detailed trip report!
I’m still here and watching for any information about the parks coming. I won’t be monitoring this thread during our trip in a couple of weeks. If someone wants to take over that’s fine.

I’m still here and watching for any information about the parks coming. I won’t be monitoring this thread during our trip in a couple of weeks. If someone wants to take over that’s fine.
If you give me your trip dates, I can make sure someone covers for you then. :)

They called me today to modify my Oct. 17th reservation. I moved to Christmas. 🤪 Not really sure if that will happen at this point.
Was this WDTC or DVC? Did the CM say anything about all guests being cancelled through a certain date? This is early in the week for this. Usually they cancel on Thursdays.

Was this WDTC or DVC? Did the CM say anything about all guests being cancelled through a certain date? This is early in the week for this. Usually they cancel on Thursdays.
I was surprised too when I got the call. It was WDTC. They didn’t say if they’re cancelling everyone, but told me I could only book dates from Nov. 1- the end of the year. I still got the $50 a night room credit. And this time they said I could use that toward parking. Last time I was told I couldn’t 🤷‍♀️

We booked DLH but man, PPH is half the price with the discount. We might change it. I just don’t want to get stuck with the elevators there since I’m assuming it will be one family per elevator. The elevators are bad there normally. Does anyone know if you can ask for a lower floor and just walk downstairs?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts